Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM

468 posts, read 582,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That is clearly not a fact since she LOST the case for refusing to sell flowers to this couple.

The slave masta state forced tried to force her to entertain what her conscience said she cannot.

Whooo the "Government Plantation with their sodomite field hands FORCED their will on the slave Christians." YOU HAPPY ALL YOU SODOMITES ....returning America back to slavery under the state????

Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
Yes, a private business, no you don't have the "right to" regardless what some renegade judge says.

What about HER right not do what she does not want to do? Who are you or society to tell her otherwise? By this you are supporting "slavery," "Serve me or else. "

How about regressives just leaving people alone?

For me green is green. But to her it is not about the green, it is about her right to chose and to follow her dogma. SODOMITES HAVE NO RESPECT OR TOLERATION.....and that I why they lose the argument every time. You can call it discrimination or what ever you want, everybody is right to their personal choice. There is no amount of argument or laws that can make it so other wise.
In commerce, she has no such rights.

The Civil Rights Act is over half a century old. In the Act, Title II specifically prohibits business owners (ie, public accomodations) from refusing to serve all sorts of people regardless of what they 'want to do' or what religious excuse they serve up as an excuse.

Here. Learn something:
http://users.wfu.edu/zulick/341/civilrightsact1964.html

And, yes, bigots wailed about the 'horrible injustice'... ... of the Act. They whined all the way to the Supreme Court, which ruled unanimously against them, 9-0. Virtually every judge in the last 50 years has agreed with this ruling - which suggests that when you bleat about a renegade judge you really don't understand the basic concept of what it is to be a 'renegade'.

Quote:
Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case holding that the U.S. Congress could use the power granted to it by the Constitution's Commerce Clause to force private businesses to abide by the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Atlanta_Motel_v._United_States

You know what's really sad? The Civil Rights Act is one of the shining moments in this nation's history - and you despise it for one of its core principles, the idea that businesses cannot discriminate against people based on who they are.

Your hate dies with you, you know. The next generation doesn't share it. Oh, sure, a small minority does. But with every passing year, your faction shrinks. You're a relic, rapidly approaching extinction, digging in your heels as you insist on being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

PS - You also have no idea what the word 'regressive' means, do you? But you should. Just grab a mirror.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
Yes, a private business, no you don't have the "right to" regardless what some renegade judge says.

What about HER right not do what she does not want to do? Who are you or society to tell her otherwise? By this you are supporting "slavery," "Serve me or else. "

How about regressives just leaving people alone?

For me green is green. But to her it is not about the green, it is about her right to chose and to follow her dogma. SODOMITES HAVE NO RESPECT OR TOLERATION.....and that I why they lose the argument every time. You can call it discrimination or what ever you want, everybody is right to their personal choice. There is no amount of argument or laws that can make it so other wise.
LOL funny!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 AM

100 posts, read 81,627 times
They demand tolerance but does not give, screaming the slur "sodomites" into the wind.

I'm still curious, AL84. You haven't answered. How do you tell someone is a Jehovah's Witness, Muslim, or homosexual by just looking at them?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post
They demand tolerance but does not give, screaming the slur "sodomites" into the wind.

I'm still curious, AL84. You haven't answered. How do you tell someone is a Jehovah's Witness, Muslim, or homosexual by just looking at them?
It's the same way he can tell the citizen brown people from the illegals just by looking.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 PM

174 posts, read 125,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post

I had not seen the question until now. Most give clues about themselves. It is usually not too hard to spot homosexuals though. You can learn a lot in the interview/resume'/background check process. But any of those would feel ill at ease in my shop with things I have around.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Bigots have tried to force people to give up their rights to earn a living for many years. It's just what bigots do. Force themselves on others and deprive them of their right.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
Bigots have tried to force people to give up their rights to earn a living for many years. It's just what bigots do. Force themselves on others and deprive them of their right.
You're talking about yourself?

Old 03-05-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You're talking about yourself?
You are entitled to your opinion and far be it from me to suggest you should ever give up your right to share it.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM

100 posts, read 81,627 times
Please, enlighten me. How do you tell a man is gay? Outside him obviously stating it or that he has a boyfriend. No, you can't pass off that every gay you've met talks about their personal life. You can't bring up "camp" gay signs either because not all gays display those factors. I know and have seen many across America who do not display their orientation through "camp" gay.

So how are you going to prevent homosexuals, Muslims, and Jehovah's Witnesses from buying from you? How do you tell when someone doesn't speak what they are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies