Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 02:09 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,768,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
See, I apologize and you still won't accept it.

MY commenting on YOUR perspective about this topic IS on topic, (at least until the powers that be on CD lose their mind and make you a moderator) because like the college in question and the government, you think it's a great idea to impose your set of morals on society as a whole, which is part the topic of the OP's post.
Give it up. A common and true saying is that "arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock the pieces over, crap on the board, and fly back to their flock to claim victory."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 02:22 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,903,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Men, and I use that term loosely, who take advantage sexually of a drunk girl at a party should be charged for rape. While it takes two to tango, a severely impaired person cannot be trusted to make rational decisions. What ever happened to valor and chivalry?

That being said, ALL people should know their limits and don't put yourself in a position to allow this to happen.

I don't know your age, sex or education level but, lot's of girls go to parties looking for drunken sex, especially at college. Perhaps you never attended or know anyone who did.

Let's repeat my first sentence.
Women can be lowdown scandalous animals and are at unfortunate times. A good example is when they are drunk at a party, flirting around with drunken guys and dropping suggestive hints. They wake up realizing they slept with the wrong guy and cry "RAPE"!
Why was it the wrong guy? They were out to bed the popular good looking rich guy or the famous jock but ended up with the frat house clown. Their reputation is now tarnished because it was THAT guy. She is now an ostracized loser - accusing the poor guy of rape is her way out.

I guess it depends on what kind of social life one had at that time in their life to understand this logic. It happens all the time and gets hushed.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,718,158 times
Quote:
See, I apologize and you still won't accept it.
You didn't apologize. You apologized with a condition. It is a form of craven equivocation. Why cannot you just say you apologize for the false statement you made?

Quote:
MY commenting on YOUR perspective about this topic IS on topic
But your commenting on my commenting is not. Get back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The only allowable words I have is "WOW, racist much?".
So right-wing is now a race.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
According to some and many arguments I've read it seems to be.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,903,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
You didn't apologize. You apologized with a condition. It is a form of craven equivocation. Why cannot you just say you apologize for the false statement you made?

But your commenting on my commenting is not. Get back on topic.

You make it seem so. The extreme leftist often suggest the right to be naught but old white men. What is your view?

Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,295,216 times
Stop fornicating.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I don't know your age, sex or education level but, lot's of girls go to parties looking for drunken sex, especially at college. Perhaps you never attended or know anyone who did.

Let's repeat my first sentence.
Women can be lowdown scandalous animals and are at unfortunate times. A good example is when they are drunk at a party, flirting around with drunken guys and dropping suggestive hints. They wake up realizing they slept with the wrong guy and cry "RAPE"!
Why was it the wrong guy? They were out to bed the popular good looking rich guy or the famous jock but ended up with the frat house clown. Their reputation is now tarnished because it was THAT guy. She is now an ostracized loser - accusing the poor guy of rape is her way out.

I guess it depends on what kind of social life one had at that time in their life to understand this logic. It happens all the time and gets hushed.
The thing is that women's groups have convinced society that if any woman is punished for reporting a rape, that will discourage all women from ever reporting rape. The result is that false rape accusations are not prosecuted. Women's advocates then use the lack of any false accusations on record to declare that it isn't a serious problem.

It's the same as liberals and voter ID laws. We need the voter ID to have the means of catching fraud, and leftists use the lack of fraud as the reason why we don't need voter ID.

They use the lack of violations of a law to prove that the law isn't needed, but without the law there's no means of accurately finding out how many violations of it there are.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,030,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The thing is that women's groups have convinced society that if any woman is punished for reporting a rape, that will discourage all women from ever reporting rape. The result is that false rape accusations are not prosecuted. Women's advocates then use the lack of any false accusations on record to declare that it isn't a serious problem.

It's the same as liberals and voter ID laws. We need the voter ID to have the means of catching fraud, and leftists use the lack of fraud as the reason why we don't need voter ID.

They use the lack of violations of a law to prove that the law isn't needed, but without the law there's no means of accurately finding out how many violations of it there are.
If it were up to me false rape claims would be punished exactly as an actual rape. A false rape claim can literally ruin a mans entire life

Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
Ahh the fringe.

Thankfully I sense a change in the wind BACK to sanity.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Those pesky progressives now want to tell us when we can have sex. Drunk sex is now rape. The idiots running our colleges and our entire country think they can pass laws to change how we have sex. Sex must be honest and creative? Yes, Big Government is alive and well and seeks to control how and when we have sex. That's because Big Government knows better than we do when we should have sex.
--------------------------------
Numerous colleges now insist that it isn't possible to consent to sex if you're three sheets to the wind, which means that all sexual acts carried out under the influence are potential crimes. The University of Georgia warns students that sexual consent must be "voluntary, sober, imaginative, enthusiastic, creative, wanted, informed, mutual, honest." There are many problematic words in that—"imaginative"? Can't we consent to sex unimaginatively, maybe by saying "Oh, go on then"?—but the most problematic is "sober." Apparently sex must always be booze-free.

The cultivation of the new crime of "sex without consent" completes the state's intervention into private life. It effectively makes the authorities into the arbiters of sex itself, the judges of when sex is okay and when it isn't, of whether a particular drunken romp is acceptable or rape. Don't drink and fook, or the state will fook you—with or without your consent.

In Defense of Drunk Sex - Reason.com
Look on the bright side. With Government involvlment there will be more of it, and you won't even have to work to get sex. You people are soooooo pessimistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies