Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:07 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,686,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
If you are a Democrat and you are not deeply deeply ashamed, then you are a sociopath.
Deeply ashamed? ummm, you sound like a sociapath for saying something this stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,556,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Deeply ashamed? ummm, you sound like a sociapath for saying something this stupid
No, he was correct. And you appear to regard shame as something that does not apply to you here. I am certainly ashamed to see our government and our president engaging in this sort of ideologically driven, misleading behavior.

Apparently you regard this clearly planned and intentional deception by Barack Obama and his crew, that has resulted in thousands of deaths, as acceptable and as nothing to be concerned about. How is that inconsistent with the attitude one would expect from a sociopath?

Old 03-08-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama did not give blacks a reason to shoot for the stars, he encouraged their entitlement attitudes, they now take pride in and in their minds justify living off other peoples money. Oh and when I was working customer service I remember a mid aged black woman who didn't like a policy kept reminding me that she was African American, she said it about 5 times... , I had to laugh at her, so we have a black president does that entitle you to not have to comply with company policies, does that mean that she was queen? (although I do think the latter was an extremist, not everyone acted like an idiot like that).
BlackPeopleMeet.com - Black Dating Network for Black Singles

Old 03-08-2015, 09:18 AM

29,627 posts, read 16,637,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
From the WSJ article - that you supposedly read:

Defense Intelligence Agency

You have the audacity to talk about reading comprehension when you post the BS I am responding to?

Yes the DIA and Centcom are so easy to ignore by you, because that sinks your little deception to protect Dear Leader. You either can't read at a junior high level, or you are point blank lying to absolve Obama from his deception. Either way you look silly...one way you look like a mindless deceitful slave to dear leader.

Dear Leader lied to the US. He knew what he was saying about Al Qaeda was BS. However, he needed the lie for votes. He restricted access to the documents and ordered them to not use them in analysis.

William Smyth already summed it up for you why your logic is wrong.

I noticed you no longer mentioned Combatting Terror Center in your post. Is it possible you can admit you mistook a Think tank for a Military Organization?

Old 03-08-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, he was correct. And you appear to regard shame as something that does not apply to you here. I am certainly ashamed to see our government and our president engaging in this sort of ideologically driven, misleading behavior.

Apparently you regard this clearly planned and intentional deception by Barack Obama and his crew, that has resulted in thousands of deaths, as acceptable and as nothing to be concerned about. How is that inconsistent with the attitude one would expect from a sociopath?
you arent making any sense

I didn't hide documents or vote to extend these wars.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 AM

29,627 posts, read 16,637,364 times
Quote:
Just absurd nonsense.

You can't even believe your own post.

#1 You mean Billion, not 700 Million and you mean it reached that dollar amount by Sept. 2009. Also, Obama asked for a stimulus and signed in to law a stimulus with little focus -- Obama owns it.

It is deception to include Obama's stimulus as Bush spending as Chad likes to do to promote a false narrative for Obama.

#2 Obama added bailout money in FY 2009 -- you can deny this like a liar if you want, but that just shows how irrational head over heels for Obama you are.

It is deception to include Obama's bailouts in FY 2009 as Bush spending as Chad likes to do to promote a false narrative for Obama.

#3 Bush's wars still show up in total spending, which is what we are talking about.

You clearly do not understand what we are talking about.

My point is 100% valid. The decline in Iraq War spending does in fact mask the rise in Obama's spending in other areas.

P.S. Obama blasted Bush for off budget spending and promised not to do so, no continual resolutions...Obama has out Bushed Bush in off budget spending and broke Bush's record at it in his first 2 years with democrats in congress. Do you Obamabots care, you did when he made the promise, you don't care when he breaks it.
Wow, i accidently typed "M" instead of "b" and that means i cant beleive my own post ? Also, no, i did mean 2008. How could i mean September 2009 when the stimulus was signed into law in February of 2009 ??????

You also werent talking about total spending as the few numbers you have posted tot try and back up your claims revolve around the deficit.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
So you tacitly admit that Obama is highly disingenuous and all you can do is deflect by introducing Bush in to the conversation. Then deflect with introducing distortions of Obama's budget record. You claim to be worried about what the subject of the thread is, yet you keep trying to change the topic of the thread for Dear Leader.

Obama lied to military analysts and lied to the American people about terrorist resurgence that we knew was happening. What policy issues has Obama not been disingenuous on?

You have a crush on Obama - I get it. However, you and the rest of the flock have enabled him to lie and distort non-stop with no fear of being disingenuous - as Obama knows you will always be there to point out Bush or Nixon, etc...

Please stop destroying our nation. Please use your brain and your conscience to hold all politicians accountable other than deflections and excuse making. We need less sheep in America (that goes for all parties) not people proud to be sheep.

Past presidents being bad do not give a free pass for future presidents being bad - only a sheep would disagree.
It doesn't give them a pass but it does give proof that its a common theme among Presidents.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 AM

26,651 posts, read 15,204,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
"After a pitched bureaucratic battle, a small team of analysts from the Defense Intelligence Agency and Centcom was given time-limited, read-only access to the documents. The DIA team began producing analyses reflecting what they were seeing in the documents.

At precisely the time Mr. Obama was campaigning on the imminent death of al Qaeda, those with access to the bin Laden documents were seeing, in bin Laden’s own words, that the opposite was true. Says Lt. Gen. Flynn: “By that time, they probably had grown by about—I’d say close to doubling by that time. And we knew that.”

This wasn’t what the Obama White House wanted to hear. So the administration cut off DIA access to the documents and instructed DIA officials to stop producing analyses based on them."

It was the CIA not the White House (or the Obama Campaign team) that was limiting access to the documents. Should the various various intelligence agencies within the government get along better? Sure, but there is zero indication the limited access was because of the campaign.

The Documents were around a year old by the time the campaign of 2012 was in full swing. The documents were also from a period when bin Laden was alive. There is no way the documents from early 2011 or earlier could speak to the capacity of al-Qaeda in 2012.
As the article says the Obama Administration limited access of the documents to the DIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
William Smyth already summed it up for you why your logic is wrong.

I noticed you no longer mentioned Combatting Terror Center in your post. Is it possible you can admit you mistook a Think tank for a Military Organization?
I never called the CTC a military organization. If you can re-read the post that you responded to, you will see that the DIA and Centcom is in my quote of the article - these are military - and I was correct to call them military.

http://www.dia.mil/

Are you saying that the DIA is not military?

I am 100% in my assertion - go back and actually read what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It doesn't give them a pass but it does give proof that its a common theme among Presidents.
We shouldn't accept or excuse lies, based on past lies.

Obama fans cheered, chanted, and sometimes even fainted when Obama blasted Bush for a laundry list -- they don't even care now that Obama has out-Bushed Bush on most of the list. Obama supporters didn't oppose Bush policies, they opposed a Republican putting them in.

This sheep mentality - and it exists in all parties, just stronger with Obama fans - is destroying our nation. I except failure, lies, distortions, bad policies - so long as he is dreamy and is in the right party!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:31 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,858,545 times
Quote:
As the article says the Obama Administration limited access of the documents to the DIA.

I never called the CTC a military organization. If you can re-read the post that you responded to, you will see that the DIA and Centcom is in my quote of the article - these are military - and I was correct to call them military.

Defense Intelligence Agency

Are you saying that the DIA is not military?

I am 100% in my assertion - go back and actually read what I wrote.

We shouldn't accept or excuse lies, based on past lies.

Obama fans cheered, chanted, and sometimes even fainted when Obama blasted Bush for a laundry list -- they don't even care now that Obama has out-Bushed Bush on most of the list. Obama supporters didn't oppose Bush policies, they opposed a Republican putting them in.

This sheep mentality - and it exists in all parties, just stronger with Obama fans - is destroying our nation. I except failure, lies, distortions, bad policies - so long as he is dreamy and is in the right party!
As I stated in a prior post, I was unable to read the WSJ article as it requires registration. However, I did read a Fox News article on the WSJ article. Stephen Hayes, the author, is a contributor for Fox. Hayes is also a writer for the Weekly Standard. Both the Fox article and in Hayes' Weekly Standard reporting the access was being limited by the CIA.

The following is from a article Hayes wrote about the situation in Sept 2014.

Al Qaeda Wasn

In the days immediately following the bin Laden raid, the document haul was taken to a triage center where a CIA-led interagency team of analysts and subject-matter experts began to comb through it for perishable intelligence. It was, by all accounts, a fruitful effort.

The initial scrub took several weeks. It was never meant to be comprehensive. “It was more data-mining than analysis,” says one intelligence official with knowledge of the project. Researchers and analysts searched the documents for key names, phone numbers, and addresses that could be used by U.S. troops to target senior al Qaeda leaders. In subsequent congressional testimony, James Clapper, director of national intelligence, reported that there were “over 400 intelligence reports that were issued in the initial aftermath immediately after the raid.”

Then the document exploitation stopped. According to sources with detailed knowledge of the handling of the documents, the CIA did little to build on the project after the initial burst of intelligence reports.

Officials at the Defense Intelligence Agency and CENTCOM responsible for providing analysis to U.S. troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan wanted to study the documents. But the CIA had “executive authority” over the collection and blocked any outside access to them.

The bigger question however is how do these documents from prior to May 2, 2011 speak to the status of al-Qaeda in 2012?

Last edited by WilliamSmyth; 03-08-2015 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 05:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,666,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
he didnt mean it that way. President Bush used 9/11 and terrorism as an equivocation for invading Iraq.

simply google polling on why we invaded Iraq.
Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and 11 other members of the Bush White House were members of a corporate think tank called the "Project for the New American Century." The PFTNAC was made up of oil and weapons manufacturing corporations.
Project for the New American Century - SourceWatch
Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The PFTNAC has been wanting to invade Iraq for many years before Sept 11 or GW Bush being in office. The following link shows letters sent to Bill Clinton by the PFTNAC asking Clinton to invade Iraq. The letter is signed by Donald Rumsfeld and other future GW Bush White House members.
PNAC letters sent to President Bill Clinton

Sept 11 provided the PFTNAC members in the Bush White House the opportunity to finally invade Iraq. After Sept 11 happened D. Cheney and D. Rumsfeld created a office within the CIA. They dug through CIA Iraq intelligence that was already deemed to be unreliable, and then Cheney and Rumsfeld presented that evidence to the American people.

After America officially decided to invade Iraq the PFTNAC members in the Bush White House had a party and they drank champagne. And the oil and weapons corporations that were members of the PFTNAC made many billions of dollars from the US invasion of Iraq.

I learned the above from a PBS Frontline documentary that was about Iraq/Sept 11/Cheney/Rumsfeld. Perhaps one of these,
Watch The Full Program Online (video) | Cheney's Law | FRONTLINE | PBS
Watch Online | The Dark Side | FRONTLINE | PBS
Watch The Full Program | Bush's War | FRONTLINE | PBS

GW Bush had nothing to do with the American invasion of Iraq, instead it was Cheney, Rumsfeld, and 11 other members of the PFTNAC within the Bush White House. The PFTNAC members led Bush to believe invading Iraq was the right thing to do.

Cheney: A VP With Unprecedented Power : NPR
How Dick Cheney Became the Most Powerful Vice President in History | The Nation

Last edited by chad3; 03-08-2015 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies