Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 05:08 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,749,569 times

Advertisements

Giuliani blames Obama for McDonald's beating, shooting of Ferguson cops and anti-police sentiment in NYC

"Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Thursday castigated President Barack Obama for setting a 'tone' that inspires violent behavior in America and advocated for him to emulate Bill Cosby when it comes to talking about black crime."

Old 03-12-2015, 05:18 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,223,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Giuliani blames Obama for McDonald's beating, shooting of Ferguson cops and anti-police sentiment in NYC

"Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Thursday castigated President Barack Obama for setting a 'tone' that inspires violent behavior in America and advocated for him to emulate Bill Cosby when it comes to talking about black crime."

Methinks Guiliani is doing the GOP a world of hurt. Does he plan to run? GOP'ers should hope not. Nothing rational about what he's saying. He is no longer important. But then again someone put up a poll to gauge New Yorker's feelings if he were to run for Mayor, yet again. I guess he can't get any higher in his political career if he wants to step back again.

SMH

Old 03-12-2015, 05:18 PM

19,948 posts, read 9,516,267 times
First, the video of the girls beating up another is just horrific. It truly makes me wonder how ANYONE can justify such behavior because such behavior IS inexcusable. Period.

Second, it would not surprise me in the least if Giuliani runs for POTUS in 2016. I think he is just getting started, and I think the best strategy would be to run against what Obama has stood for.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:24 PM

OK, I'll bite whocares811

What are the key differences between Obama and Guiliani in terms of policy decisions? Please only speak to verifiable policy decisions.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:25 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,749,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Methinks Guiliani is doing the GOP a world of hurt.....
I'm thinking this isn't the case.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:28 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,830,459 times
Quote:

I think Rudy is clinically insane. Why would Obama emulate a date rapist?

Old 03-12-2015, 05:29 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:

Giuliani is right. Barack Obama can talk to the black people with authority about what they should do to get ahead, since obviously Obama has gotten ahead. He can tell them they need to stay in school, stop having babies at 16, and start demanding truly equal education.

Or he can stir the pot.

Which path do you think he's chosen?

Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 PM

19,948 posts, read 9,516,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
OK, I'll bite whocares811

What are the key differences between Obama and Guiliani in terms of policy decisions? Please only speak to verifiable policy decisions.
Sorry, but I readily admit I know NOTHING about New York (state or city) politics. I just know that I dislike virtually everything Obama has done, so when I said that a good strategy for Guiliani (or anyone) would be to run "against Obama", I did not mean to infer anything about what Guiliani has or has not done.

P.S. And, of course, as Obama can't legally run for a third time, when I said "against Obama", I meant against what Obama has done and/or tried to do. My biggest gripes, just for the record, are his support of people here illegally, his support of welfare, his seeming dislike for traditional values, and the fact that despite speeches, he has done nothing for the middle class.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Sorry, but I readily admit I know NOTHING about New York (state or city) politics. I just know that I dislike virtually everything Obama has done, so when I said that a good strategy for Guiliani (or anyone) would be to run "against Obama", I did not mean to infer anything about what Guiliani has or has not done.

Well at least you're honest. Rudy is a has been. All he had to his credit was 9/11 which he bilked to death (for as long as he could). Married his cousin and snuck around on his wife. Now, (keeping national politics out of the picture/POTUS) he catered to a certain demographic in NYC that the current Mayor is not necessarily doing. So, of course you have that.

Good thing about Democracy is that everyone gets a turn (eventually) but taking a great leap backwards to be Mayor of NYC again is just dumb. He would never, ever be able to be POTUS with all the skeletons in his closet that are well known. That's just my opinion, as I am a born and bred New Yorker.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking this isn't the case.

Welp, you can think all you want. Look the GOP is running amok just like the Dems did and they complained about it. Trump and Guiliani? Surely the GOP can do better. Dems can do better than Hilary too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies