Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so refute what i said then.
Obamabots... relentless denial of reality.

Obama would be nowhere without the lying and the liberal media. That was all he really ever had.

Why is Obama so comfortable lying? For the same reason a con man is, he thinks most people are suckers, dummies, and rubes. A con man knows that his base desperately wants to believe him and as Gruber said "the stupidity of the American voter". They are both right to consider many Americans as being vulnerable marks and suckers, after all, he won election to the presidency-twice!

With Obama disasters who did he call? Not experienced experts or professionals, not Republicans for their input but his campaign flacks, Axelrod, Plouffe and Favreau....to craft a message, the rhetoric, not fix a problem. He did say if he had something to do over again, "he would tell the story better".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 11:26 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Obama would be nowhere without the lying and the liberal media. That was all he really ever had.

Why is Obama so comfortable lying? For the same reason a con man is, he thinks most people are suckers, dummies, and rubes. A con man knows that as Gruber said "the stupidity of the American voter". He may be right to consider many Americans as being vulnerable marks and suckers, after all, he won election to the presidency-twice!

With Obama disasters who did he call? Not experienced experts or professionals, not Republicans for their input but his campaign flacks, David Axelrod, David Plouffe and Jon Favreau. They were there to craft a message not fix a problem. He did say if he had something to do over again, "he would tell the story better".
petch, I wasn't around here when bush was president but I'm pretty sure people here defended him no matter what.....nothing wrong with that. And I'm sure many couldn't stand him and made posts just like you are making now... nothing wrong with that either. It's all free speech.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-07-2015 at 04:43 AM..

Old 03-06-2015, 11:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please, get over your perception of me because you have no clue. I haven't defended obama. Presidents lie...politicians lie. If you believe in your republican candidates then fine. And why is it a 10 year frame you are giving me lol
All human beings have lied. But do we automatically regard all human beings as "liars"? No, that is not what we are talking about when we use the term "liar," now is it?

Feel free to go back further than 10 years if you like, but if you cannot easily put together a list of current politicians who are habitual liars in the class of Barack Obama, that will go a long way to supporting my point. Also, I retract the Republican requirement. Feel free to establish that politicians are habitual liars in the same class as Barack Obama using Democratic politicians as examples as well. However, unless I am mistaken, you will not want to do that.

You have defended Obama and you continue to defend him, if you continue to try to shift responsibility without naming names of Washington politicians who are habitually liars in the same class as Obama. I do not think you can do it. But worse for you and your claim that you are not defending Barack Obama, I do not expect that you will even try.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
All human beings have lied. But do we automatically regard all human beings as "liars"? No, that is not what we are talking about when we use the term "liar," now is it?

Feel free to go back further than 10 years if you like, but if you cannot easily put together a list of current politicians who are habitual liars in the class of Barack Obama, that will go a long way to supporting my point. Also, I retract the Republican requirement. Feel free to establish that politicians are habitual liars in the same class as Barack Obama using Democratic politicians as examples as well. However, unless I am mistaken, you will not want to do that.

You have defended Obama and you continue to defend him, if you continue to try to shift responsibility without naming names of Washington politicians who are habitually liars in the same class as Obama in their lying. I do not think you can do it. But worse for you and your claim that you are not defending Barack Obama, I do not expect that you will even try.
Show me where I have done that and maybe I will take you seriously.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
petch, I wasn't around here when bush was president but I'm pretty sure people here defended him no matter what.....nothing wrong with that. And I'm sure many couldn't stand him and made posts just like you are making now... nothing wrong with that either. It's all free speech.
No, they didn't actually. In fact, the Tea Party came to exist in no small part as a protest against George Bush and his "compassionate conservatism," which many Republicans regarded as a betrayal of the very principals of what it means to be a conservative.

Also, George Bush's approval rating got down to 19%. Do you really believe that was because he was a worse president than Barack Obama?

LOL. No way. It was because his supporters were NOT willing to defend him no matter what, unlike what we have seen from many of the supporters of Barack Obama, whose current approval rating is 43.8%.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Obama would have still beaten Romney because he was a bad choice for a competitive candidate.
Wrong. Obama won because he misled the voters on just about everything. Obamacare, Benghazi, Al Qaeda's on the run, etc. But you already knew that.

Quote:

You have defended Obama and you continue to defend him, if you continue to try to shift responsibility without naming names of Washington politicians who are habitually liars in the same class as Obama. I do not think you can do it. But worse for you and your claim that you are not defending Barack Obama, I do not expect that you will even try.
Quote:
Show me where I have done that and maybe I will take you seriously.
As I said, I did not even expect you to try. And unfortunately, you have proven me correct, yet again.

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Yep, extremist just like the people who defend Obama no matter what he says or does are extremists. And now you are trying to justify Obama with Boooooooooooosh! That is a typical Obamabot tactic in defending Obama. Didn't Obama say he could do better? Oh, that was a lie too?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Wrong. Obama won because he misled the voters on just about everything. Obamacare, Benghazi, Al Qaeda's on the run, etc. But you already knew that.
You keep telling yourself that, all of those things were being used against Obama in 2012 and Romney still lost.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
As I said, I did not even expect you to try. And indeed you have proven me correct, yet again.

My question to you...where did I defend obama and continue to defend him. These were your words. So please show me. I already asked you that and you ignored it. How about I expect you to try and answer my question....please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies