Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 12:52 AM

191 posts, read 172,622 times

Advertisements

Some people around here just like to believe everything they read that's negative about Obama and Democrats. I couldn't even find a link to Hayes article that you could read without paying for it. Most people don't give a @@@@ about Iraq. I guess if you like lifelong disability spending then you support more spending in Iraq. Hayes is a typical Tea Partier he writes something without any sources and an opinion piece and the rest of the Tea Party gobbles it up. What a bunch of fools.

Where Are The Media's Iraq War Boosters 10 Years Later? | Research | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 03:43 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,666,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Stephen Hayes and Tomas Joscelyn: How America Was Misled on al Qaeda

The Obama Administration hand picked information for the military analysts to look at, picking favorable pieces and discarding those that showed a strong resurgent terrorist network.

After military analysts complained for greater access, they were given access to more documents, but could only read them and not copy them.

When these documents started to show the analysts that terrorist networks were on the rise the Obama Administration then cut off all access to the documents and ordered the DIA to stop producing analysis based off of the restricted documents.

This is at the same time Obama traveled the country campaigning in 2012 saying that Al Qaeda was on the run and being destroyed - - at the same time Obama knew that they were in fact growing.

Obama was point blank knowingly and willingly lying about Al Qaeda being diminished and was ordering military analysis to ignore facts that said as much - - all for votes based on a mirage.

The documents captured in Bin Laden's compound also show some cooperation between Iran and Al Qaeda, although some conflict between them as well.

The vast majority of these documents are still restricted.
Obama hand picked information and disregarded information??

Your doing something similar to your accusations by posting a source that costs $12 to look at.
I have to pay $12 to see the evidence?

Republicans and their posted sources never cease to amaze me.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, how many times did Obama repeat that BS? Obamabots actually believed him too. Anyone with common sense knew Obama was lying... as usual.

Look at the dumb ass Obamabots cheer lol

Al-Quaeda is on the run
-- Barack Obama

Liberals could bash Obama all day for extending Bush's tax cuts, not properly making Obamacare's website, wasteful spending, ex.ex. but liberals can't talk about Obama because we have to deal with the "insane" Fox news and Rush radio listeners.

Your attacking Obama for a little political manipulation. But when GW Bush's White House said 935 lies about Iraq, did republicans say a single word? No they did not care.
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

When Bush attacked Iraq for Sept 11 when Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11, did republicans say a single word? No they did not care.

When Bush killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, and killed 1,000's of US soldiers in Iraq for nothing, did republicans say a single word? No they did not care.

So all you Fox news/Rush radio followers go on with your Obama bash, but remember when republicans do something 200,000x worse (don't say a word.)

Old 03-07-2015, 04:37 AM

26,652 posts, read 15,204,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Sounds a lot like Iraq WMDs...except that was used to justify war
Both of us agree that Bush was a bad president and we can readily admit it - whether or not Bush lied about evidence or he created a culture where analysts wanted to appease him like PBS suggested.

Seems like both of us realize that Obama is a bad president, but only one of us can admit it.

The fact that Obamabots always have to bring up Bush to justify Obama, should be proof that Obama has been a failure. Obama has endorsed just about the entire laundry list of things that he complained that Bush did.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama hand picked information and disregarded information??

Your doing something similar to your accusations by posting a source that costs $12 to look at.
I have to pay $12 to see the evidence?

Republicans and their posted sources never cease to amaze me.
Google: How America Was Misled on al Qaeda’s Demise

The WSJ will offer you a free version if you google the title. I didn't know that the link would go to a pay version.

You have a history of excusing Obama's non-stop stream of lies. Obama is encouraged to continue to lie, because too much of his flock justifies, excuses, and ignores his never ending lies, distortions, feigned ignorance, etc.

https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpres.../15/obama-252/

What Obama didn

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

St. Pete for Peace - Obama fact sheet

Barack Obama said 'Fast and Furious' began under the Bush administration | PolitiFact Florida

I agree Bush was a bad president...so...you don't need to play that diversionary card with me so you can excuse Obama who is highly disingenuous even by politician standards.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Both of us agree that Bush was a bad president and we can readily admit it - whether or not Bush lied about evidence or he created a culture where analysts wanted to appease him like PBS suggested.

Seems like both of us realize that Obama is a bad president, but only one of us can admit it.

The fact that Obamabots always have to bring up Bush to justify Obama, should be proof that Obama has been a failure. Obama has endorsed just about the entire laundry list of things that he complained that Bush did.
Obama cut GW Bush's deficits and debt growth rate in 1/2.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Obama has slowed government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Obama's victory made the world love America again, so much they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize.
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

And Obama becoming president gave many young black Americans the confidence to shoot for the stars.

Is Obama a great president? Maybe not.

But with all of the above listed facts to call Obama a bad president is illogical.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, they are not all the same, and President Obama didnt deceive anyone.

This article argue a difference of opinion on the definition of the phrase "on the run",not the definition of whether or not Al Queda compared to say 2009 is better structured or not.

The answer to the latter is that they are not more structured, they are indeed spread out and not interconnected as they once were. The article does not contradict that in any way.

Your post is what happens when you try to appease republicans, you blindly believe anything that is worded in a way that makes Democrats look bad.

heck, the article even references a document that was itself outdated( Bin Laden compound papers) and a Speech President Obama didnt give until a full year later.
Some people are talking about of Cult of Personality around Obama, and BINGO, you show up and start lying about what the article says to protect your Dear Leader.

Obama deceives frequently, even by politician standards. He lies, he had information that Al Qaeda had doubled, that Bin Laden was still in charge and calling shots, he told America the opposite and he limited access to these facts to our analysts.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama cut GW Bush's deficits and debt growth rate in 1/2.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Obama has slowed government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Obama's victory made the world love America again, so much they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize.
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

And Obama becoming president gave many young black Americans the confidence to shoot for the stars.

Is Obama a great president? Maybe not.

But with all of the above listed facts to call Obama a bad president is illogical.
Since you ignored the point - I can only assume that you tacitly agree that Obama is highly disingenuous even by politician standards?

Obama lies, distorts, etc often.

I could find several lies, broken promises, distortions with your links and Obama...but you would ignore that again no? His cult of personality makes you oblivious?

Old 03-07-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Since you ignored the point - I can only assume that you tacitly agree that Obama is highly disingenuous even by politician standards?

Obama lies, distorts, etc often.

I could find several lies, broken promises, distortions with your links and Obama...but you would ignore that again no? His cult of personality makes you oblivious?
This thread is about how Obama manipulated information to win an election (thats called running a political campaign.)

And after what Bush did in Iraq I don't see how republicans even have the audacity to talk about Obama, lies, and the military in the same sentence.

And just so you know, if Obama did 1/10 of what Bush did in Iraq, I would f.ing despise him.

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 03-07-2015 at 06:11 AM..

Old 03-07-2015, 08:13 AM

29,627 posts, read 16,639,211 times
Quote:
Some people are talking about of Cult of Personality around Obama, and BINGO, you show up and start lying about what the article says to protect your Dear Leader.

Obama deceives frequently, even by politician standards. He lies, he had information that Al Qaeda had doubled, that Bin Laden was still in charge and calling shots, he told America the opposite and he limited access to these facts to our analysts.
Show me where i lied by putting forth the timeline you and the article claims happened, ill wait......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies