Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 10:41 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I guarantee you that all Goldman Sachs's subsidized healthcare plans were/ are 100% compliant with the ACA, effective January, 2014.

Without knowing which specific healthcare plan the Cruz family chose from the many ACA compliant plans offered by Goldman and which plan he chose off the exchange, there is no way to compare and contrast.

This family had and continues to have a choice of plans, ranging from high- low deductibles, co-pays and co- insured's.

Goldman, like most main stream large employers, did not offer junk plans to their employees, even in states that allowed such plans before the ACA. These plans became stronger after the ACA.

I am not tracking your reference to ERs.
Hi, I don't think we are really disagreeing here except I do not consider an insurance plan that is compliant with the ACA to be an ACA plan. You cannot call the insurance plan that Goldman Sach provides an ACA or Obamacare plan. UNLESS, using your logic, you call ALL insurance plans Obamacare b/c they have to be in compliance with the program. That means, if I go out and purchase an individual plan directly from Kaiser then that is Obamacare even though I receive no subsidies or premium shares. That is, I pay the full premium out of pocket. BTW, ER means Employer.

I'm making this point b/c there is a lot of misinformation out there and I think you get it but others do not understand what you are saying. Anyway, I think I'm done here. Cheers...

Old 03-25-2015, 10:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, I mean something that is currently an active part of the law and provided to him as an option as a US Senator.
He apparently believes it the BEST option, eh?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what you're saying is ACA wasnt needed to be passed and thus should be repealed, after all, it was never against the law to pay out of pocket for healthcare..

RIGHT?
Nope. What we are saying is that for once a loud-mouthed Republican should live by the principles they espouse. I think Cruz can afford to pay for his family's health insurance. You know, personal responsibility and all that, not sucking on the government teet,....

Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly! That is the predicament many Americans face today, they have no reasonable alternatives for health care which is why the ACA came into being. Duh..........
I'm pretty sure ACA reduced alternatives.. In fact, I know they did, catastrophic policies are one such example.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure ACA reduced alternatives.. In fact, I know they did, catastrophic policies are one such example.
Wrong.

https://www.healthcare.gov/choose-a-...trophic-plans/

Old 03-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Nope. What we are saying is that for once a loud-mouthed Republican should live by the principles they espouse. I think Cruz can afford to pay for his family's health insurance. You know, personal responsibility and all that, not sucking on the government teet,....
I'm pretty sure he will be paying for health insurance in the same manner as every other member of Congress will.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Did you even read your own link before you posted it?

ONLY THOSE UNDER 30, and ONLY those who qualify for exemptions.

Many under 30 were added to their parents policies, remember? Once again, liberals show dumbness by taking a very small minority of the population, and pretending its a representation for everyone..

Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he will be paying for health insurance in the same manner as every other member of Congress will.
The point is: he doesn't have to partake in that evil ACA plan. Cruz is free to buy his own private health care plan directly from an insurance company. Why would he not do this since he is against every word in the ACA?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, Israel is commemorating the US passage of O-Care too. Bibi is renaming their Universal mandatory participation HC system to honor one of it's guiding ideas from the USA. Except Bibi is calling it .... "Romney Care"...or maybe "Cruz Care"
Given almost a 70 year reliance on the US for financial military aid, Israel was able to use its own financial resources to develop universial healthcare and mostly all public hospitals for itself instead of imposing higher taxes. The Israeli healthcare system is generally considered the 4th most efficient in the world. It also pays for abortion.

It employs all the usual proven means of managing healthcare costs, MD comprised Comparitive - Effectiveness Panels to determine treatment protocols, negotiating the cost of meds and mobility devices, caps on medical malpractice , etc.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Did you even read your own link before you posted it?

ONLY THOSE UNDER 30, and ONLY those who qualify for exemptions.

Many under 30 were added to their parents policies, remember? Once again, liberals show dumbness by taking a very small minority of the population, and pretending its a representation for everyone..
Doesn't Cruz have two children under 30?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies