Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 12:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
The only reason he is using DC's website to obtain his HC policy..is because Texas ( his home state) does not have one!!! Kinda tells you something there because IF SCOTUS rules that State residents CANNOT utilize Federally set up Sites for the population who don't live in a STATE that has NOT set one up..Cruz Boy is out of luck..He'd have to go to an Insurance Broker in order to obtain a policy..and then try to BILL/Invoice the Gov't for the employer usual 75% of taxpayer funded benefit!! LOL Only in America

It is truly hysterical. And Texas no less. Poetic.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 PM

511 posts, read 509,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why would anyone decline an employer's subsidy?

Should Cruz decline his compensation?

Should Cruz also decline his pension, 401K matching, retirement medical because his employer happens to be the federal government?

Should he sleep on the floor of his office to save his state some $.

Should he take Greyhound instead of a flight as he commutes between DC and Houston to save his state some $?

Should he reduce / eliminate his staff size to save his state some $ ?
They get so much money, I don't think we need to worry if he isn't allowed to take part in the exhanges.

Or end up sleeping in his office

He is given plenty of money to pay for a private policy

Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 PM

46,309 posts, read 27,124,387 times
If you have ever tried to defeat anything, the best way to know how to defeat it is to become part of it....know how it ticks, know what is wrong....

Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Yes he had the chance to NOT sign up, a benefit many of us do not have

Yet he did anyhow....

He's been against Congress exemptions from the getgo

He is a member of Congress himself.

Again, I am glad he signed up. He's paying out the whoozoo which assists other poor people

Obamacare is not my favorite either but it has it's good points. It would be disengenous to deny that

Again, actually listen to the video. That's a good start
Actually, he has helped deny many people the right to have any health insurance at all. And then promptly signs up for what he refuses others the right to do so?

How is he paying up the "whoozoo"? Its just an insurance plan. He isn't eligible for a subsidy. Don't know about the fed subsidized part though, he might not have a choice on that in signing up.

In any event, if he truly believes what he "preaches" he could have gone all cash.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If you have ever tried to defeat anything, the best way to know how to defeat it is to become part of it....know how it ticks, know what is wrong....
Yeah, RIGHT.
I'm sure that's Teds' plan.

Face it, he just wants to have INSURANCE - the same insurance he wants to deny to MILLIONS of other Americans.

Ken

Old 03-25-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, RIGHT.

Face it, he just wants to have INSURANCE - the same insurance he wants to deny to MILLIONS of other Americans.

Ken
Right wingers are crying right now.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Please tell me what my policy consisted of?

Go ahead, prove to me and many others what their policy consists of to make them junk.....
Your policy contract is with you...and I certainly cannot SPE-U-Late on your policy..Point is Junk Policy's were available ( and still are in some cases as link below describes) and purchased prior to ACA Rules becoming active...Maybe you should read your contract

Here..I'll help you out..This link may help you

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all
Consumer Reports magazine: March 2012

Cheap Health Insurance - Consumer Reports
snip only~~

While millions of Americans have benefited from that and other reforms, many are still prey to the kind of skimpy “junk” plans the new law was designed to eliminate. Some plans, known as mini-meds, are operated by employers and brand-name insurance companies with special dispensation from the federal government. Others, such as health discount cards and fixed benefit indemnity plans, from companies you’ve probably never heard of, are so meager that regulators don’t consider them to be health insurance at all—though that’s frequently not clear to consumers. And some of the companies operate one step ahead of the law.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Right wingers are crying right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, RIGHT.

Ken
I'm laughing my ass off at how crazy the left is going because he now needs insurance, does not want to break the law, and the lefties are pissed!

LOL....

Call it what you want...

I just sitting back laughing at many in this very forum...including the 2 of you...

Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Your policy contract is with you...and I certainly cannot SPE-U-Late on your policy..Point is Junk Policy's were available ( and still are in some cases as link below describes) and purchased prior to ACA Rules becoming active...Maybe you should read your contract

Here..I'll help you out..This link may help you

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all
Consumer Reports magazine: March 2012
Cheap Health Insurance - Consumer Reports
snip only~~

While millions of Americans have benefited from that and other reforms, many are still prey to the kind of skimpy “junk” plans the new law was designed to eliminate. Some plans, known as mini-meds, are operated by employers and brand-name insurance companies with special dispensation from the federal government. Others, such as health discount cards and fixed benefit indemnity plans, from companies you’ve probably never heard of, are so meager that regulators don’t consider them to be health insurance at all—though that’s frequently not clear to consumers. And some of the companies operate one step ahead of the law.
So, not knowing what plan consisted of, they were called junk....

Great...that is absolutely brilliant...

Old 03-25-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I'm laughing my ass off at how crazy the left is going because he now needs insurance, does not want to break the law, and the lefties are pissed!

LOL....

Call it what you want...

I just sitting back laughing at many in this very forum...including the 2 of you...
If you think lefties are angry, you are quite mistaken. Ever since this came out yesterday, I've been having fun. In fact, I've apparently used up all my reps for a 24 hour period. I didn't know that was possible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies