Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 03:42 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM~~~ WTheck are referring to ( a few??)..The new millions who NOW have insurance under ACA (who couldn't afford it without subsidy) will no longer be required to go to ER for care....AS a now retired ER Nurse..I recall folks coming into ER for sore throats, booboo's that could have gone to Walk in Clinics or Family Doctor..costing OUR system ( Universal) BIG bucks...Drove me crazy

NOW, IF you think Taxpayer's assisting with maybe 3-4 thousand dollars a year for that coverage..Think before you assume now...IF NO ACA..going to ER for same ailments would cost the taxpayer multi-times that..Actually I would say 1000 times that in Taxpayer dollars...
The fix is NOT free, subsidized health insurance that simply creates bigger welfare numbers of people.

The fix is to clean up and bring back to sanity the requirements of Emergency Rooms and refuse to accept anything but emergency...send the foolish sore throats, etc., to those Clinics. That's the reason they exist. Use a little common sense!

Old 03-25-2015, 03:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
What's funny? He's getting screwed but following the law despite it. His insurance is extremely expensive under Obamacare and this is to help subsidize the other poor people. I don't find that generosity "funny"

We need more like him to make this Obamacare balance out. If anything, let's thank Mr. Cruz for this part
How do you know which plan and what premiums this family paid for ACA compliant insurance under Goldman Sachs versus the US Federal Government?

Large private and public sector employers use their size and muscle for better rates than are available in the individual plan market. They get a volume discount and are rated by their experiences.

I have tracked premiums in the individual plan market for years. I can buy better insurance at less cost now than I could before Obama Care became the law and I do not qualify for any credit/subsidy. . I live in a very competitive healthcare market. I am about 1/4 mile from a county line. If I lived across the line, my premiums would be higher.

My state is divided into 13 distinct healthcare markets and subdivided within. Where you live, your state laws, the competitiveness of your local healthcare market and age all matter.

Mileage varies.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The best example of pretzel twisting yet.

Helping? He tried to destroy it.

The only person he is helping is himself.

He had the choice of not signing up for it if he really believes what he says.

But his actions speak for themselves.
Assuming he declined his employer's subsidy, it will cost him about $10,000 more a year. That darn cheap for all the face time and attention he is receiving. For all anyone knows, his campaign fund will take care of this and call it marketing.

He's not stupid.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Satire, but like much good satire, hits pretty close to home:

President Signs Order Making Ted Cruz Ineligible for Obamacare - The New Yorker

"...Even as he signed the order, the President said that he was “torn” about barring Cruz from coverage, stating,”He’s definitely someone who would benefit from seeing a doctor.”

In an official statement released later in the day, Cruz blasted the executive order and accused Obama of distorting his position on Obamacare: “I never said I didn’t want to have it. I said I didn’t want everyone else in the country to have it."

Ken

How many blogs and pay for clicks will pick this up and report it as news?

Old 03-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
The only reason he is using DC's website to obtain his HC policy..is because Texas ( his home state) does not have one!!! Kinda tells you something there because IF SCOTUS rules that State residents CANNOT utilize Federally set up Sites for the population who don't live in a STATE that has NOT set one up..Cruz Boy is out of luck..He'd have to go to an Insurance Broker in order to obtain a policy..and then try to BILL/Invoice the Gov't for the employer usual 75% of taxpayer funded benefit!! LOL Only in America
Healthcare.guv operates the Texas Healthcare exchange.

The primary reason why Senators, Reps and their aides use the small business DC web site is that it is the only one that will kick in the employer subsidy for premiums.

Because Senators and Reps live in all 50 states, it has to interact with plans available on state exchanges, regardless of who operates the exchange.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
It's good he is against exemptions for Congress, while he is a member of Congress.

Let him pay the full price of an overblown costly policy.

My guess is he'll get out of it and buy a private policy which will be cheaper for him after a while.

Again, we need those folks to help offset the poor people using the system

I appreciate despite him being against Obamacare, he is willing to become a part of it.

Maybe he'll learn something first hand he didn't know before.
Premiums before employee subsidies tend to be cheaper on large group healthcare plans when one compares apples to apples. Economies of scale and all that.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You may NOT like the 55 mph speed limit but, I' bet you obey it.
Well if I were passionately against 55 mph for the last 6 years then I would hold true to my principles and go 54 or 56 mph, but definitely not 55 mph.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry up the wazhoo meant he pays alot for his policy.

I've went to Covered California and played with the numbers myself on the exchanges.

Our Kaiser insurance plan more than doubled in cost (Cost without subsidies)

On another note, if he's on it and now actually experiencing Obamacare for himself, he may start batting for the other team. The poster prior did make an excellent point that if you are for or against something, you really learn the ins and outs when you are truly a part of it.

Personally I don't believe we need to be offering our Politicians health insurance at all.

They are over paid already.

Let them help those who do not have insurance by donating out of their salary
He's been on it since it became effective in 2014. His wife's plan was Obamacare, compliant.

I have no issue with federal and states picking up the tab for benefit packages competitive with the private sector. Pensions and retirement medical are over the top.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Ted Cruz's wife worked for Goldman Sachs. Hopefully she quit because she felt guilty....

They are a huge part of the reason we have the economic meltdown

They are dirty
Guilty?

Her continued employment at GS would serve as a major distraction to his campaign.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM

920 posts, read 634,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Well if I were passionately against 55 mph for the last 6 years then I would hold true to my principles and go 54 or 56 mph, but definitely not 55 mph.
That's the difference between someone who is principled and progressives. Cruz still obeys the laws he disagrees with. He ran for Senator to CHANGE the law, not so that he could be above it, like the current occupier of the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies