Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 11:21 AM

920 posts, read 634,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Rafael Cruz is the new Sarah Palin for Democrats. We are loving it. We want to see his birth certificate.
Nice try, but even minimally informed democrats cannot deny that Cruz is a brilliant legal mind, an award winning debater and as Solicitor General of Texas, never lost a single case he argued before the Supreme Court. But keep laughing!

Here you go punkin pants:

Ted Cruz birth certificate released | Senator born in Canada, U.S. citizen | Dallas Morning News

Old 03-25-2015, 11:24 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Please provide a Senate bill number and link, please.
Actually, I was in error. It has not been submitted in the Senate yet. However, if the SCOTUS guts Obamacare within the next three months, as is widely expected, the Patient Care Act is very likely going to be the Republican starting point:

The Impressive New Obamacare Replace Plan From Republicans Burr, Hatch, And Upton - Forbes

Here are a collection of some more articles discussing this proposal:

Patient CARE Act: What They?re Saying - Energy and Commerce | Government News from the White House and Congress - Senate/House of Representatives

It is called the Patient Care Act.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So Cruz is losing health insurance (per HeyJude) and then re-signing back up under ACA, where I'm sure he'll pay full price and not get a subsidy, and you guys are claiming this as win, even though the net increase in insured =ZERO..

This is an example of EXACTLY what took place.. Millions lost policies, and then resigned back up, and your side counts it as a newly insured "positive".

Meanwhile 30 million are still going without insurance despite demands that ACA get passed to insure every american.
I'm sure it has been said before, but I will say it again. There is NO exemption of congress or their staff from the ACA. By law, those people, including Cruz, MUST purchase health insurance the same way ALL Americans MUST. No more federal subsidy to their generous healthcare plan.

For once, those jackasses are forced to abide by the same provisions they have voted upon us in regards to health care. Now if only we could get them to move over to social security.

Any case, Cruz is obeying the law. Does anyone have a problem with that?

PS any news on Obama and his compliance with ACA? Or do he and his inner circle have some kind of executive order exemption? I did not find anything while I was reading up on this issue.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Yeah, but taxpayers are also paying the subsidy that democrats voted for themselves, because paying non-subsidized Obamacare was TOO expensive for congress to pay...even though they earn over $170K a year. A private citizen earning that amount would not be eligible for a subsidy, but congress is.
Congress always received a subsidy for their health insurance, pretty much the same as any employee receives from most large employers.

This is simply a continuation of that. It was decided that even though Congress people had to buy their policies from exchanges that they should still receive the same subsidy that they always had as employees of the Federal government.

A private citizen earning that much absolutely would, and does, get subsidies from their employers. It was stated earlier in the thread that the insurance policy Mrs. Cruz had from her employer was also subsidized and I am willing to bet she was earning in that same salary range.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are claiming that Goldman Sachs offered the exchanges for their health insurance benefit?
No claims. Just facts.

Goldman's employees use a proprietary on line portal to compare, contrast and enroll in one of many Goldman subsidized ACA compliant plans.

The Obamacare exchange is a public online portal used to compare, contrast and enroll in one of many ACA compliant plans.

ACA is Obamacare.

Obamacare is legislation, not insurance.

The federal/ state " Obamacare" exchanges are portals, not insurance.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:29 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times
Quote:
Nice try, but even minimally informed democrats cannot deny that Cruz is a brilliant legal mind, an award winning debater and as Solicitor General of Texas, never lost a single case he argued before the Supreme Court. But keep laughing!
He's a great candidate. He should never stop talking and his voice should be heard by the entire country.

Really every GOP candidate though is a Democrat's dream.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:30 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Tee Hee - You mean the GOP led bills that were ignored by Pelosi and Reid?

REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE BILLS (IGNORED) - USA Politics

Low info voters gonna spread low info lies....

Hmm. Interesting website you linked to.

Here, in full, is the bill proposed by Representative Paul in May 2009:

"A Bill:

To protect the American people’s ability to make their own health care decisions by ensuring the Federal Government shall not force any American to purchase health insurance.
1.Short title
This Act may be cited as the Coercion is Not Health Care Act.
2.No Federal requirement for health insurance coverage
Participation in, or access to, any program of the Federal Government or eligibility to receive any benefit under Federal law shall not be conditioned on the purchase or maintenance of health insurance coverage.
3.Limitation on Federal authority
No individual or agency of the Federal Government shall ever require any individual to purchase health insurance coverage."

I will say, it is short.

I wonder why all ignored that bill? I believe only one sponsor.

The second linked bill actually got to committee in the Senate.

The third link does not work at all.

Yes, you have convinced us all.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:31 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
t

I'm sure it has been said before, but I will say it again. There is NO exemption of congress or their staff from the ACA. By law, those people, including Cruz, MUST purchase health insurance the same way ALL Americans MUST. No more federal subsidy to their generous healthcare plan.

For once, those jackasses are forced to abide by the same provisions they have voted upon us in regards to health care. Now if only we could get them to move over to social security.

Any case, Cruz is obeying the law. Does anyone have a problem with that?

PS any news on Obama and his compliance with ACA? Or do he and his inner circle have some kind of executive order exemption? I did not find anything while I was reading up on this issue.
Could have paid cash for anything medical. Or stayed on his wife's plan if she was offered COBRA.

But apparently, it was a deal too good for him to turn down.

He caved.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:32 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Since, if you do not obtain an Obamacare APPROVED plan, you are subject to TAX Penalties...the IRS can penalize you for failure to pay taxes, up to and including putting you in jail. Federal Employees' health plans are from Obamacare. Those are the only plans available in DC.
I really see you don't get what the rules surrounding ACA are...Now IF anyone is sold a non-approved plan by an Insurance Company..Fault (liability/fines) lies with the "Insurance Company" and NOT the purchaser of a policy that DOES not comport to the Regulations....

BTW~~ Are you advocating for paying for Insurance that does NOT cover things required..? The term was used often in the past few years "Junk Policies"..which means you pay premiums..THEN learn that your policy does NOT cover it..loopholes abound in those Junk Policies back then

Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That wasnt the question, the question was how is he IGNORING the law..

The law again says DEPORT them.
Ignoring a law is the same as breaking that law right? If I ignore the speed limit (also a law) and go 90 in a 75, am I not breaking that law? Again, he is neither "ignoring" nor "breaking" any law. It is well within his right as President to exercise executive orders. Just because we may not like them doesn't make it illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies