Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Exactly! Every flight I've ever been on, as soon as the captain turns off the fasten seat belt sign, people get up to go to the bathroom.
Yes, me too. Or you know maybe he had something wrong w/his eye or whatever. Who cares exactly why he got up? Pilots get up, they're not chained to their chairs. Good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:01 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Interesting observation...If the co-pilot's intent was to do this, he needed something to make it happen. What if he did spike the lead-pilot with something to cause him to rush to the bathroom? I like your idea...

This flight wasn't a long one and would have been in German airspace and on descent into Dusseldorf as soon as it cleared the Alps. Dusseldorf is in the Ruhr and the area is quite urbanized with major airports in Koln, Essen, Koblenz and Bonn not to mention Rhine-Main and Frankfort. Its busy airspace like flying from Boston to Washington DC in the US. So if the Captain needed to use the head he'd better get cracking because once they began the approach into Dusseldorf they'd be busy flying the plane.

Other airports on the flight path are Geneva, Basle, Stuttgart and Stassbourg.

Last edited by mwruckman; 03-27-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
I hope I'm never in the bathroom when some disaster happens. I would hate to think that strangers were sitting around discussing my bathroom habits.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Exactly. What would make the lead-pilot have to go to the bathroom so soon? I was thinking the diarrhea because he had to leave the cockpit...or maybe nausea?

What about emergency urinals and such, or small area to use the bathroom, inside the cockpit? That way they have no reason to leave, unless the pilot suffers a medical emergency...
It isn't unusual to have to use the restroom on even a short flight that early. We commonly don't have time to do so between flights due to delays and/or aircraft swaps, so sometimes that's our first opportunity and if we've been holding it, we'll do so!

Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
28yo... six figure income... if my gf told me it was over I would get two to replace her with within the hour! That would have to be some grade A punani to make me want to take 149 innocent people to Hell with me. In the history of aviation 10's of thousands of pilots have dealt with personal issues without resorting to murder/suicide. So... what it isn't: a break-up or medical diagnosis. What it might be? <shrug> post hypnotic suggestion? Political (Right Wing) Reactionism... maybe he was a closeted homosexual and the pilot was being especially effusive about the bodacious ta-ta's in First Class that he was going to chat up once they reached cruising altitude...
Nice using this senseless tragedy as a platform to brag about your pretend "punani" and jabber on about female body parts. That sure is educated and classy of you, so nice that you respect all those who died in the horrific plane crash

And might I add, nice of you to make homophobic remarks on top of that. Yes, we all see how macho you are and how much you hate gay men. Do you want a cookie?

Last edited by Mangokiwi; 03-27-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 11:45 PM

387 posts, read 356,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The millenials are here. Good luck finding any who have never been in therapy or on some kind of psych medication. Wait until we find out he was having problems with his girlfriend and how he grew up wealthy and spoiled. Also, he downed a lot of "nutritional supplements" according to his neighbor.

So people never killed a bunch of people and committed suicide in other generations??....Lol silly it DID happen you just never heard about it....Blame the 24/7 media coverage and your own personal ignorance/lack of logical thought process for thinking this is only a modern phenomenon....not induced by the new bogeyman known as the "millennials."

I'll let you in on a little secret princess....your generation was just as flawed as this current generation. You just never heard about it you silly...Since their was no 24/7 news coverage and easy accessible internet to report on it....Doesn't mean it didn't happen through!!!! Dun dun dun what a shocking development! Who would have possibly known that just because you didn't hear of something doesn't mean that it didn't occur??? Who could have possible known that??

Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charles Starkweather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ernst August Wagner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And for a general overview

List of rampage killers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by NY to Chicago; 03-28-2015 at 12:09 AM..

Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 AM

387 posts, read 356,540 times
The motive was that he was a loser looking to blame everyone else for whatever he was pissed about in his own failed life....But it's not "Millennials" like that silly ill-informed poster suggested...People who have blamed others for their own personal failings have existed since the dawn of time....It's not a new phenomenon at all and all the relevant data suggests this...This is actually the LEAST violent generation in all of human history by a long shot....

Everyone likes to hype up prior generations to make them seem more hardworking and special than the current generation, but in reality it's a classic case of the "Grass is always greener on the other-side" taken to idiotic politically motivated extremes....All the relevant data suggests that things get less violent/more productive/more intelligent/better/less entitled with every new generation...Sorry if that hurts your silly narrative.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Apparently the pilot suspended his training for a while because he was dealing with depression, so this could just be a severe mental health issue. Interesting that he passed the psych screenings. Wonder if they screen someone more closely if there is a known history or depression, etc.?
Where did it say he suspended his training due to depression. That was never in the news so I guess you are just making it up for some reason

Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
What sort of selection process do they have in Germany? He literally went from Burger King fry cook straight to pilot training at Lufthansa/Germanwings. In the US & most countries trainees have demonstrated a passion for flying and are ex-military pilots or have a small plane license.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
I find it strange that they want to put a flight attendant in the cockpit, when the pilot/co-pilot need to leave the cockpit. If the pilot has ill-intent, what is going to stop him from messing with the controls with just a "flight attendant" in the cockpit?

He/she (flight attendant) is not going to know or understand what the pilot is doing (as in sabotaging the plane, to crash into a mountain) so they need 2 pilots in the cockpit and a 3rd back up, (someone who understands flight) if one needs to leave, so 2 pilots and one who understands how to fly the plane, are in there at all times...

Sure, it's going to cost them more money to pay 3 capable pilots but aren't the passengers worth that?.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies