Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How has Hillary not committed a crime here? She gets to determine unilaterally and in private what is a government email and what is not?

Hillary herself, has justified all of the Benghazi "conspiracy" theories by destroying government property after congress requested it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCwmYHr-_M
I will take she was playing stupid if she thinks we believe she must have a seperate device to open up each email account........that was just a dumb comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I will take she was playing stupid if she thinks we believe she must have a seperate device to open up each email account........that was just a dumb comment.
Even worse is she already said other times that she actually had multiple devices..

I wonder if she actually lied about having multiple devices, you know..

if she says she has a Samsung, then she will insult iphone users
if she says she has an iphone, then she'll insult samsung users

I know, lets say she's got one of everything, even though she doesnt, then no one will be upset..

yeah, they think this way..

Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
to be honest, thats pretty standard practice during lawsuits, even if there is discriminating evidence in those emails, its far more difficult to find them if its on paper than in a computer where you cant do a search for them.

I once worked on an environmental lawsuit against PPG, and the lawyers had to hire about 100 "temp" employees (which I was one of) to go in and rekey every email and every document provided into a system, just so they could then go back and search for things using the computer.

We spent if I recall about 4 months rekeying all the documents just so they could find that "one" thing, they were looking for.

When was this -- the 60's?

Much easier to scan instead of rekey. All of Hillary's 55,000 pages could be scanned in a matter of a weekend with a few high-end Fujitsu scanners. Why this isn't being done --- if it isn't -- is beyond me.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:13 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,631 times
I bear witness to the corruption the lies and the power. We all see it, this just another example, for its not just Hillary for it is the people of government who have lost their moral compass, their righteous and basic human freedom.
We are doomed by ignorance. Those who are informed patriots are a few, the blind stupid many will surely side with corrupt and their masters and vote in the majority.

Government is good
People are bad and we have alot of BAD apples.
We are spoiled rotten.

Complaining here does nothing, you have to believe enough good people are still willing to step and beat back Washington.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Much easier to scan instead of rekey. All of Hillary's 55,000 pages could be scanned in a matter of a weekend with a few high-end Fujitsu scanners. Why this isn't being done --- if it isn't -- is beyond me.
Around 1998 or so, but that practice continues today..

Scanners arent accurate and reliable when doing legal stuff because if the scanner misreads a letter in that one word you are searching for, it wont find it..

a for example might be seen as an e by the scanner.

What should be White House, the scanner could read Whita Housa and it wont be searchable.

Or White House vs Whitehouse.

Or if Clinton abbreviated WH for White House, or W.H. etc, so the user would have to know what to search for and the only way to know what to search for is to actually manually input it.

Its still standard practice to hire individuals to key first, then scan documents, so they can do a search off the keyed data, and then link to the actual scanned document to be used in a courtroom.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Scanning isn't going to bring back the header data on these emails.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:30 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Even worse is she already said other times that she actually had multiple devices..

I know, lets say she's got one of everything, even though she doesnt, then no one will be upset..

Gowdy has to be spinning when talking to her, she also said this: Clinton said Tuesday she had used her private account as "a matter of convenience" and that she did not want to carry multiple devices.

She can't even keep her own lies straight!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Quote:

Nope, definitely had multiple devices - and was definitely too stupid to keep work and personal emails seperate. Clinton used iPad at State Dept., released emails show - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Hillary Clinton used an iPad as well as a BlackBerry to email staff while she was secretary of state, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

According to the emails reviewed by AP, in a September 2011 message, adviser Huma Abedin shared an AP story about a drone strike in Pakistan. Clinton answered with questions that seem to be related to decorations.

“I like the idea of these,” she wrote. “How high are they? What would the bench be made of? And I’d prefer two shelves or attractive boxes/baskets/ conmtainers [sic] on one. What do you think?”

Abedin answered: “Did u mean to send to me?” Clinton replied, according to the AP report citing the emails: “No-sorry! Also, pls let me know if you got a reply from my ipad. I’m not sure replies go thru.”

Trivial in detail, but it goes to show that she did use her personal email to contact foreign agents, but now no one will ever know exactly what else she might have sent to them.

She says "It was my practice to communicate with State Department and other government officials on their '.gov' accounts, so those emails would be automatically saved in the State Department system to meet record-keeping requirements, and that, indeed, is what happened." but what about emails sent to other government officials NOT at .gov accounts? She clearly sent them, where are the backups of those emails? Deleted, of course.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:11 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I bear witness to the corruption the lies and the power. We all see it, this just another example, for its not just Hillary for it is the people of government who have lost their moral compass, their righteous and basic human freedom.
We are doomed by ignorance. Those who are informed patriots are a few, the blind stupid many will surely side with corrupt and their masters and vote in the majority.

Government is good
People are bad and we have alot of BAD apples.
We are spoiled rotten.

Complaining here does nothing, you have to believe enough good people are still willing to step and beat back Washington.
Do you feel a couple pounds lighter after dropping that load?

Old 03-31-2015, 05:18 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,272,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Scanning isn't going to bring back the header data on these emails.
Yup without that you don't know if the mail was sent from "billg@microsoft.com" via smtprelay.thepiratebay.ru, or exchangecloud.redmond.microsoft.com.

If the former it's probably not from Bill, if the latter it may well be from Bill, or at least you know it's someone who has domain access to Microsoft's domain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies