Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:30 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If she only deleted them, we should have the emails back shortly. If she had the drive wiped clean, then we won't. And if it is the latter, is there any doubt that her intention was to obstruct justice?
My question: wouldn't the emails she sent still be in the recipients computers?

For instance, I work for the government (really): if Ms. Clinton emailed me, on my government computer, wouldn't the government server (or whatever it is called) still retain said email?

I assume that it can be reasonably determined whom she was emailing on a regular basis, and so search those peoples computers. Likewise, she may have deleted emails received, but those emails may still be in existence on those sender's computers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
For instance, I work for the government (really): if Ms. Clinton emailed me, on my government computer, wouldn't the government server (or whatever it is called) still retain said email?
If she was sending controversial emails to anyone, especially to diplomats in other countries or anyone with diplomatic immunity, do you think they would be forthcoming about it? Probably not.

I don't think would be as concerned about stuff sent to our own people.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
The second runner up for the Republican nominee should switch teams and run as a Democrat.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:07 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,017,386 times
At this time does it really matter, whether she deleted or wiped the servers clean? It all points to her intent.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
At this time does it really matter, whether she deleted or wiped the servers clean? It all points to her intent.
Yes, at this point, what DIFFERENCE does it make!??

Old 03-28-2015, 08:18 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Hilary knows she can get away with deleting her emails because the news outlets will let her get away with it. They don't care.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:21 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yes, at this point, what DIFFERENCE does it make!??
That should be her campaign slogan.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:30 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hillary Clinton, once again acting like the laws don't apply to her. Only someone that has something to hide engages in behavior like this. And there's no question that she's got something to hide. Yet, on cue, the Hill-billies™ will come to the defense of their poorly-aging, graying-toothed cuckquean, 100% committed to voting for Clinton just because she has a vagina.

There's very little difference between a truck stop toilet and politics in DC these days.

Clinton tells House panel she has deleted all emails from server | The Seattle Times
This chick is unparalleled when it comes to deleting stuff that stinks. frontline: once upon a time in arkansas: Rose Law Firm Billing Records

Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Deleting and wiping are two different things.

Unless the data was deliberately scrubbed it would still exist unless overwritten by new data.
Thats correct, maybe

If the emails get stored into an access or sql database, then they are pretty much gone, because the size of the database just shrinks and grows with them, and the format of the emails dont sit on the drive in order to retrive them.

If the emails get stored as a text file, then your statement above would be true.

I think it would be interesting to know if the Clintons share the email server with others. Everyone knows she has them on a private server, but it really hasnt been determined if she contracts this service out to others, who would then put the emails on a computer that others would also share.

This would increase the likelyhood that they are off the servers, but also increase the likelihood there are backups..

I dont believe anyone has asked her.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Seriously, it's a shame politicians don't have to answer to the American people....
Its a shame so many make excuses for this as well, unless of course we're talking about the other side, then of course, they want transparency..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies