Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:31 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We were happy with our "excellent" healthcare issuance and wanted to keep it. Screwed because of Obamacare we lost it. Now our policy premiums increased by $200 a month and our deductibles doubled. Ok, getting screwed and lied to by Obama is old news.

Now being responsible people, we contributed our max to our HSA account faithfully every year that was attached to our combined insurance policy. But because we were forced to sign up with a new policy BUT, it made more sense to each have our own policy or it would have cost us even more money.

I had to sign up for my own separate HSA account and was told that I could move my contributions over to my new HSA account. Screwed again. I can in fact move my contributions over but for IRS purposes moving my contributions out of "our" old HSA account will become a distribution with tax consequences. Then when deposited into my HSA account, it is now a contribution "for the year 2015" So my choices are, distribution with tax consequences and loss of a year contribution OR starting all over again with a zero balance.

Yep, good ole politicians. I can't wait to see what other ways they screwed the responsible or didn't think to do. You would think they would have written law to allow the transfer of money contributed like a rollover.
Yes but insurance company's are reporting record profits and CEO's are making even larger bonuses. Don't be a greedy right winger, embrace 'change you can believe in'.

Seriously though, it's a shame that our country has been so perfectly divided that half the people will defend the ACA and what's it's done for Obama's cronies in the corporate insurance racket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
ROGULSKI: Why are you here?
WOMAN #1: To get some money.
ROGULSKI: What kind of money?
WOMAN #1: Obama money.
ROGULSKI: Where's it coming from?
WOMAN #1: Obama.
ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?

WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from, but he givin' it to us, to help us.

WOMAN #2: And we love him.

WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

WOMEN: (chanting) Obama! Obama! Obama! (laughing)
Petch: Whoops, time for one of my deflections...

Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why is it that so many assume that in a period of great change ALL the changes should be for the better for EVERYONE no matter what?

Actually a lot of it depends on the state as well. in states with low competition EVERYONE got hosed.
California. And pardon me if I complain but there are MANY in California who are now getting healthcare for free. So my sympathy is a bit strained.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Why does the reality of Obamacare as it pertains to some people elude liberals?
It doesn't. They just ignore it, because it shatters the fairy tale they're living in.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:37 PM

Petch, I don't know why you bother to explain. Many of the people on this forum and probably on this thread receive large subsidies for their health care. Our premiums went up to subsidize theirs. They don't see any problems with Obamacare because for them, there is no problem. The gravy train just keeps chugging along for them.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
From the HSA Bank web page:

So I am stil lnot seeing how you are losing money here......
wow you are always so busy jumping to defend Obamacare that you can't understand OR you don't participate and contribute to your own. Ok, I'll "explain it" to you.

1. We both have insurance under the same policy
2. HSA account attached to that policy, both allowed to contribute to it each year to be used for medical.
3. Both contribute max every year to HSA. If either of us gets sick we can draw from that HSA to pay for med expenses.

Now:
1. HSA can only be attached to one policy and only that policy holder can draw to pay for medical expenses.
2. Since I am no longer under the same policy I can not use the money "I contributed" if I get sick.
3. So now I open my own HSA account attached to my insurance policy.
4. If I move my contributions to the original HSA account it is viewed by IRS as a distribution and taxed.
5. Each year we are allowed to contribute to our HSA. If I move the money I contributed to original account to the new account that is considered 2015 contribution and I can not add this years amount. If I don't move it I start out at $0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Dunno. Go ask a liberal.
Well pardon me darlin' but I thought I was addressing quite a few on this thread.

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
California. And pardon me if I complain but there are MANY in California who are now getting healthcare for free. So my sympathy is a bit strained.
The average cost of a plan in California is lower. And heres some information-all those getting it for "free"? They got it before for free as well. It was called an emergency room, and you paid for it then too.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Petch, I don't know why you bother to explain. Many of the people on this forum and probably on this thread receive large subsidies for their healthcare. Our premiums went up to subsidize theirs. They don't see any problems with Obamacare because for them, there is no problem. The gravy train just keeps chugging along for them.
Petch isn't here to explain. She's here to complain.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Well pardon me darlin' but I thought I was addressing quite a few on this thread.
Excuse me dear, but you quoted my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies