Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

We were happy with our "excellent" healthcare issuance and wanted to keep it. Screwed because of Obamacare we lost it. Now our policy premiums increased by $200 a month and our deductibles doubled. Ok, getting screwed and lied to by Obama is old news.

Now being responsible people, we contributed our max to our HSA account faithfully every year that was attached to our combined insurance policy. But because we were forced to sign up with a new policy BUT, it made more sense to each have our own policy or it would have cost us even more money.

I had to sign up for my own separate HSA account and was told that I could move my contributions over to my new HSA account. Screwed again. I can in fact move my contributions over but for IRS purposes moving my contributions out of "our" old HSA account will become a distribution with tax consequences. Then when deposited into my HSA account, it is now a contribution "for the year 2015" So my choices are, distribution with tax consequences and loss of a year contribution OR starting all over again with a zero balance.

Yep, good ole politicians. I can't wait to see what other ways they screwed the responsible or didn't think to do. You would think they would have written law to allow the transfer of money contributed like a rollover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
It's another form of weath redistribution.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
"You would think they would have written law..." would also have to assume that people like Nancy Pelosi and her party would have read the original bill. These people are utterly clueless how the reality of their stupidity shakes out in the real world. Btw, any moment now the idiots among us will gather to tell you how ridiculous your claims are and how Obamacare is the best thing since sliced white bread. I however live in the reality that had a seven hundred dollar increase in my premium when I finally got it. Thank you for the reduced cost of healthcare President Obama.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Pipe down and get back to work. Millions of slackers are counting on you for their free stuff.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Pipe down and get back to work. Millions of slackers are counting on you for their free stuff.
I know really... There's a bunch of them living over the hill. I wonder if Obama would let us have a nuke? Oh, no, we are the responsible people, therefor we are the enemy because we don't need to praise Obama's ass for a handout.

By the way, anyone in my position or anyone who has an HSA account. Make sure you sign and submit a HSA Death Benefits form. If you don't I'm sure the money grubbing gov and leaches would love to take it.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Petch, you've whined and complained and complained about everything related to Obamacare. Apparently it was written witht he entire concept of harming you personally.

Let me help you because you are operating under a incorrect assumption, or are being misinformed. Or more likely are just making stuff up so you can complain.

Quote:
Transfer. This option directs the existing HSA custodian to send the HSA balance (or a portion of the balance) to another HSA custodian. You can have multiple transfers during the year and not be subject to any taxes.
Rollover. With this option, the HSA money is sent from the current custodian to you. In turn, you send the money to the new custodian. To avoid any tax consequences, you must complete the rollover within 60 days and report it to the IRS. You are permitted one rollover per year.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Petch, you've whined and complained and complained about everything related to Obamacare. Apparently it was written witht he entire concept of harming you personally.

Let me help you because you are operating under a incorrect assumption, or are being misinformed. Or more likely are just making stuff up so you can complain.
And here we go. I am imagining my premium bills. hmmm, maybe I shouldn't pay the bill since I am just imaging it.

Yep, just as a previous poster said, here we go.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:05 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Hmmm...I'm responsible, and yet none of those things in the OP have happened to me. You must be doing something wrong, petch. Apparently, you're not as responsible as you claim.

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And here we go. I am imagining my premium bills. hmmm, maybe I shouldn't pay the bill since I am just imaging it.

Weird. Go read my comment, show me where I discussed your bill at all.
Oh look I didn't.

You amuse me.

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

You made an error. Tax-deffered accounts can be rolled over and are not taken as a distribution unless you elected them specifically to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies