Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
Liberals just love twisting right and wrong and putting them in reverse. It's the mantra they have to "change" society so they can control us.
Really? You should take a look at the laws the Religious Right, since the right doesn't like control and all, have implemented in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 12:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You always hear that buzzword being thrown around by Dems and liberals: progress. I think it's presumptuous to assume everything they do is progress, considering the failure rate of their policies.

Increased taxes: Progress
Abortion: Progress
Unbalanced budgets: Progress
Destroying the coal industry and its jobs: Progress
Wasting money on "green energy" investments with negative returns: Progress.
Liberal unspoken rules:

* Feelings are more important than logic,
* Believe in discrimination for thought,
* Liberalism is a jealous god and no other God may come before it,
* Intentions are much more important than results,
* Tribal affiliation is more important than individual action,
* What liberals like should be mandatory and what they don't like should be banned,
* All solutions must be government-oriented,
* You must be absolutely close minded.
* You justify your beliefs about yourself by your status as a liberal, not your deeds,

To a liberal the more the government owns you the more progress they made.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:47 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
I do not think that gay rights we are seeing is progress. I think that trying to reform medical industry is a step in right direction. I think progress is when republicans will participate in OBAMACARE and "fix it". GOP is wants to kill it and place nothing else in it's wake. That's just counter productive.

Allot of Rep policy is going to turn the country into a Christian fundamentalist Taliban state.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I do not think that gay rights we are seeing is progress. I think that trying to reform medical industry is a step in right direction. I think progress is when republicans will participate in OBAMACARE and "fix it". GOP is wants to kill it and place nothing else in it's wake. That's just counter productive.

Allot of Rep policy is going to turn the country into a Christian fundamentalist Taliban state.
Fix the Democrats mess? Dems wouldn't let Republicans have a say in it before it passed and now you expect R's to FIX YOUR MESS?

"You have to pass the law before you can see what's in it"
-- Nancy Pelosi (Democrat)

Dems made such a mess it would take years of government waste to fix it. Scrap it, let both parties see and vote on what's in it before it passes.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberal unspoken rules:

* Feelings are more important than logic,
* Believe in discrimination for thought,
* Liberalism is a jealous god and no other God may come before it,
* Intentions are much more important than results,
* Tribal affiliation is more important than individual action,
* What liberals like should be mandatory and what they don't like should be banned,
* All solutions must be government-oriented,
* You must be absolutely close minded.
* You justify your beliefs about yourself by your status as a liberal, not your deeds,

To a liberal the more the government owns you the more progress they made.
LOL. Do you actually believe what you type? Do you really hate the other side of the coin that much? What has caused you to see a black and white world?

Old 04-18-2015, 01:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post

Can you even get your basic facts right? The GOP proposed many ideas for the Obamacare.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Most liberals can't do math.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Can you even get your basic facts right? The GOP proposed many ideas for the Obamacare.
So that's why now they are trying to repeal it ?

Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fix the Democrats mess? Dems wouldn't let Republicans have a say in it before it passed and now you expect R's to FIX YOUR MESS?

"You have to pass the law before you can see what's in it"
-- Nancy Pelosi (Democrat)

Dems made such a mess it would take years of government waste to fix it. Scrap it, let both parties see and vote on what's in it before it passes.

I went to a hospital with a stomach ache, I had health insurance that I paid monthly, left the hospital with 10k bill on my credit report.

Healthcare needed fixing, democrat or republican, fix it so that people can use it.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:22 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You always hear that buzzword being thrown around by Dems and liberals: progress. I think it's presumptuous to assume everything they do is progress, considering the failure rate of their policies.

Increased taxes: Progress
Abortion: Progress
Unbalanced budgets: Progress
Destroying the coal industry and its jobs: Progress
Wasting money on "green energy" investments with negative returns: Progress.

I don't even know why I came back to this ignorant section of the forum, but whatever lol. Abortion is progress because over population is real. Kids costing money and hindering your life is real. Wealth distribution (and lack of) is real. Kansas is currently the nation's welfare queen and it's a red state. Climate change is real. And taking risks on an investment, something republicans are for, is real and works. Are we just supposed to use coal forever?

Are you intentionally being daft?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies