Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think its in American interest to let Israel burn
Nothing about Israel is in our interest. They're just another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Its military aid.

Israel is a close friend of America who is threatened on all sides. Their continued welfare is in America's interest.

Should they fall, it would be a geopolitical catastrophe for the US, $3Billion is money well spent considering the likely alternatives.

Even if they didn't fall, if they were sufficiently desperate, the use of thermonuclear weapons in that corner of the world would really cause a big stink in the world order.
Tell us then why the US simultaneously provided military aid funding to Israel's enemies while funding Israel and has done so for 40 years, +/- ?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 PM

847 posts, read 767,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nothing about Israel is in our interest. They're just another country.
Not it is our 51st state. it just happens to pay no taxes and receive annnual Tax Refunds.
They manage to have more of say in how the country operates.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
It's weapons, US gives Israel weapons. Israel plays it's part on behalf of US.

Israel is more like a territory of US.
Saudi Arabia is also told what to do by US, and so there is economic dependency and arms.

Of course in some countries US like's to build military bases, in the case of Israel, it is a US military base.
Israel has been the single greatest beneficiary of US aide since WW2.

The US gives financial aid which is then used to pay for military toys from US manufacturers.

An exception is made for Israel in that a portion of the military financial aid can and is used to for weapons made in Israel.

In the meantime, Israel can dedicate more of its general revenues to their own social welfare systems, including universal healthcare ( which includes birth control and state- funded abortions) and low cost university education for qualified students.

I suspect Israel would resent being referred to as a US territory.

I have nothing against the people of Israel and would welcome all to relocate to the US and then toss a match into the land formerly known as Israel and never look back. Then again, without the US keeping the Middle East in a constant state of war, they might just get together and decide to end the petrodollar in favor of some other currency which they will eventually do no matter what the US does, or not.

Then there's the whole 2nd coming thing. What would Jesus do if there was no Israel? The U.S. can't pull a fast one on ole JC.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Oh I do more than preaching. I have provided months of specific answers all documented with sources. And when I address questions to the IhateIsrael crew, they never answer back! They never have a leg to stand on. I am yet to receive a response to prove that Israel is forcing the U.S into war in Iran. But I guarantee it will be said a couple more times tomorrow.. I have ignored nothing and I answer every question.

At the end of the day, the U.S does not give free money for no reason. Israel is a satellite to the U.S, who helps serve U.S interests in the region. It is the stability of the region and together with the U.S, they share the common goal of preventing radicalism to create catastrophic harm to others. People pretend their is no relation with Israel because they do not like Israel. Its that simple.
I'll note at least one thing you haven't done is answer the very simple question I asked. Why is that?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
What does World cop mean? What constitutes this definition. Unfortutantly, some things must be done in order to receive a fruitful economy. Some actions the U.S are questionable, but its life and the U.S wants to project power to the world.
Projecting power to the world has been extremely costly to the US in both blood and $$$. Exactly WHAT benefit(s) has this projection provided that couldn't have been gotten by far less expensive means?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll note at least one thing you haven't done is answer the very simple question I asked. Why is that?
One ear out the other of course.. Hopefully I will not have to repeat myself again and again. But Okay, what is your question.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Projecting power to the world has been extremely costly to the US in both blood and $$$. Exactly WHAT benefit(s) has this projection provided that couldn't have been gotten by far less expensive means?
I'm not here to solve the holy grail of America's problems. I am just telling you why these policies are carried out. So for the second time and hopefully I do not have to repeat myself constantly, There are some policies through U.S history that are questionable, bizarre and plain wrong. To make a sweeping general assumption that all foreign aid is wrong, all U.S foreign policy is meddling and that everything has led to war is wrong. The truth is that every major country in this world meddles, and we are unique to this with our American exceptialism attitudes. But as long as we are the major power of the world, other countries look at us for order, prosperity and aid. And the U.S does not want these countries going to Russia instead.

Isolationism = Great Depression.

Last edited by BMoreJuice; 04-24-2015 at 08:07 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel has been the single greatest beneficiary of US aide since WW2.

The US gives financial aid which is then used to pay for military toys from US manufacturers.

An exception is made for Israel in that a portion of the military financial aid can and is used to for weapons made in Israel.

In the meantime, Israel can dedicate more of its general revenues to their own social welfare systems, including universal healthcare ( which includes birth control and state- funded abortions) and low cost university education for qualified students.

I suspect Israel would resent being referred to as a US territory.

I have nothing against the people of Israel and would welcome all to relocate to the US and then toss a match into the land formerly known as Israel and never look back. Then again, without the US keeping the Middle East in a constant state of war, they might just get together and decide to end the petrodollar in favor of some other currency which they will eventually do no matter what the US does, or not.

Then there's the whole 2nd coming thing. What would Jesus do if there was no Israel? The U.S. can't pull a fast one on ole JC.
The bolded is none of your business and more accurately, none of U.S concern. (Ironic that your a democrat)

If for one second you believe the United States hands out free gifts for nothing then you have totally lost concept of what FMF is. Lets not forget the U.S weapons billion dollar industry thanks to Israeli purchases as well as advancements in Israeli technology and weaponry. Let's also not forget that because FMF is established, Israel is under the political strings of the U.S. There are many more benefits to the strategic partnership of Israel, but I believe you have bigger fish to fry first.

Prove the underlined that the US is keeping the Middle East in constant state of war.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:37 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,655 times
Yes Israel receives $3 Billion in Military Aid which is used in the United States to purchase mostly big ticket items like Jets, Helicopters and Planes. The United States does provide additions funds to joint US-Israeli programs and Iron Dome as all these are things that the US has more than just a mere interest in them. This addition funding I was referring to is provided in regular U.S. defense authorization and appropriations bills and does not formally constitute direct bilateral aid.

Fyi the US provide funds to a lot of joint military programs to countless countries especially the ones within the European Union.

Israel doesn't receive economical aid anymore for quite a long time so to call Israel a welfare is incorrect.

Now I know some people will bring up the loan guarantee program that has received about a total of $1 Billion in reductions between 2003-2005. Israel hasn't used nor borrowed any money since 2005. So this is moot as they haven't used it in 10 years.(This program is set to expire in September of this year)

Could Israel replace the $3 Billion in Military aid if it was stopped next year?

Israel is the worlds largest drones exporter mainly to Europe, Asia and Latin America, in a trade worth more than $4.6bn. Israel's military exports are worth more than $6bn a year. Plus Israel’s unemployment rate declined in 2014, fourth quarter to 5.9%. Israel economy grew 7 percent in the last quarter of 2014 as well. Trade between China and Israel reach record levels last year and seems to be on track to be surpassed this year. (So the answer is Yes.)

The US does afford some things by the aid that Israel receives. What exactly?

1. Israel does serve as an unofficial US base. How?

A. Stockpile (missiles, armored vehicles and artillery ammunition) of a billion dollars worth of American weapons stored in Israel by the United States for emergencies. It was first established in the 1990s and has increased ever since. Plus a Congressional Research Service Report says "the government of Israel pays for approximately 90 percent of transportation, storage and maintenance costs associated with the program.

B. The US Navy 5th Fleet, US Marine Corp and Sometimes the US Coast Guard does make a port of Call in to Israel and liberty call

C. The military has trained in Israel for countless years in CQB and counter-terrorism especially marines going all the way back to the 90's at the SpecWar Counter Terror School. Heck even the Arkansas Army National Guard did rotations in Israel back in the early 2000's.(If you don't believe me, I can post pics)

D. There are about 100 or so US soldiers stationed in the Negev desert to operate the THAAD long-range air defense radar system.

2. Intelligence

A. Mossad gives intelligences that the CIA otherwise wouldn't have. (I know some will say the CIA can get anything that the Mossad can get which is not true.) All department that has anything do with Intelligence has a critical need for people that speaks and know any dialect of Arabic, Farsi and has this need for over a decade now.

3. Leverage

A. This aid give the US leverage with Israel on certain subject matters.

I can name more if you want but this post is getting pretty long.

On a side note it seems Hamas and Israel are back at it. Reports are that Hams fired a rocket at Israel and Israel returned fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies