Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:59 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,690,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
We have a population of over 300 million people. You are FAR more likely to die from slipping in your shower, then from ISIS.

Even worse....your fear mongering deflection didnt even involve ISIS

I don't think its that people are AFRAID of ISIS, I think the atrocities that they've committed are rather shocking. I don't know any rational thinking people who feel that ISIS is a threat to the U.S. but the acts they are committing on a regular basis are pretty horrifying. I think containment of the group is certainly a rational response. I don't think that the U.S. should involve more ground troops however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 05:01 PM

20,466 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So if some nut job says I'm going to kill your children are you just going to ignore it or try and do something about it? The lone wolfs like Adam Lanza are difficult to identify however an organization that is supplying the resources and the brainwashing is not. That can be targeted and should be whenever and wherever possible.

Can I take your question and rephrase it just a bit?
You said: So if some nut job says I'm going to kill your children are you just going to ignore it or try and do something about it?

I would say it this way:

So if some nut job cuts the heads off of a few dozen people then says I'm going to kill your children are you just going to ignore it or try and do something about it?

Other than that, Im right there with ya!

Old 04-21-2015, 05:01 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I don't think its that people are AFRAID of ISIS, I think the atrocities that they've committed are rather shocking. I don't know any rational thinking people who feel that ISIS is a threat to the U.S. but the acts they are committing on a regular basis are pretty horrifying.
exactly this!

Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Why do 90% of people in the US think ISIS is a threat? They have 30,000 troops and they're on the other side of the world. Yet in some conservative pieces and in the comments section of almost every single article, people hint their fear of an impending Islamic invasion of the United States.

I’m Not Afraid of ISIS « Antiwar.com Blog

Why do Americans, who are usually skeptical of what their own government says, keep on falling for propaganda from abroad over and over? Some idiot from the hot terror group of the day says he's going to destroy the USA, and it MAKES HEADLINES here. Why are so many Americans terrorized by stone-age blowhards?
See 9/11. See Fort Hood. See Boston bombing.

How many more Americans need to die before liberal idiots wake up?

Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
We have a strong military. Our Marines, soldiers, airmen, and sailors can kick their ass if they dare to declare war on the United States.

However, Remember the day when the whole city of Boston stayed inside as the killers were hunted. They (we) did this not out of fear -- the chance that terrorists would come down your street with guns blazing was minuscule -- but because it was all we could do to help bring to justice the murderers who attacked our city at a moment of civic celebration.
Greater Boston rolled over on its back like a dog, for police state. https://www.google.com/search?q=bost...2F%3B390%3B467

To an event that included a drill, as so many other staged terror events do. (If even unwitting drill participants are discovered beforehand, the exercise is assured plausible deniability.)

The progressive left is an absolute mess on this. Boston, very naturally--predictably Boston--confirmed to the world that leftist Eastern Massachusetts is first in submissive acquiescence to authoritarianism and police state. The left is comfortable with authoritarianism because it creates it.

At one point the police claimed that the suspects were throwing explosives out the window of their car, cartoon style, as they were chased into Watertown.

Last edited by mm4; 04-21-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 05:14 PM

20,466 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
We have a population of over 300 million people. You are FAR more likely to die from slipping in your shower, then from ISIS.

Even worse....your fear mongering deflection didnt even involve ISIS
and we are both far more likely to die from slipping in the shower than we are getting robbed at gunpoint by some American idiot.

should we therefore stop the police from going after bad guys? I mean after all there are 300 million americans and very few of us actually are harmed by bad americans.

geez.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I can understand that not many urban centers have legal firearms, and really do not want more legal firearms in the hands of the law abiding citizen, but getting these legal firearms into the hands of the law abiding is what needs to be done. the law abiding is what is needed to show groups such as isis that we do not want them here and they need to stay right where they are at.
Urban centers? There are plenty of legal firearms in urban centers. Where do you guys get this b.s. from?

What's that got to do with anything? Urban centers are armed to the teeth and some have the murder rates to prove it. Terrorists don't care about gun ownership and who is and isn't a law abiding citizen. A bullet is a bullet.

Americans aren't going to stop terrorism by buying more guns. LMAO...that's some nonsense straight out of a fantasy movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So if some nut job says I'm going to kill your children are you just going to ignore it or try and do something about it? The lone wolfs like Adam Lanza are difficult to identify however an organization that is supplying the resources and the brainwashing is not. That can be targeted and should be whenever and wherever possible.
Nonsense.

Did you recognize Mohammad Atta? Did you recognize his 18 other cohorts? Al Qaeda is an organization that supplied resources and brainwashing and we KNEW it was coming eventually. They walked around this country with so much ease that they attended flight school.

Again, this is a free and open society. Stopping terrorists can be a goal, but don't be unrealistic about it. Taking the fight to ISIS isn't gonna stop a terror attack on this country. There are more immediate dangers.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:20 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
We have a strong military. Our Marines, soldiers, airmen, and sailors can kick their ass if they dare to declare war on the United States.

However, Remember the day when the whole city of Boston stayed inside as the killers were hunted. They (we) did this not out of fear -- the chance that terrorists would come down your street with guns blazing was minuscule -- but because it was all we could do to help bring to justice the murderers who attacked our city at a moment of civic celebration.
They already have. We will wait till something horrific happens ( here ). Go over there drop a few bombs and build schools for a decade and repeat.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Terrorism is the price of empire. We will always be threatened by terrorists from nations we have troops in. Bring our troops home and let the crazies kill themselves.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:28 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Terrorism is the price of empire. We will always be threatened by terrorists from nations we have troops in. Bring our troops home and let the crazies kill themselves.
yeah. And if they come here, I am sure the Marines, soldiers, airmen and sailors KICK THEIR ass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies