Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:32 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And do you have a source for Joel's claims that the pics were taken in the late 1960's? And could he have been momentarily mistaken?
ok, just watched the first 25minutes of "dreams of my real father". not only does joel gilbert specifically say that the photos were taken "a few weeks before christmas 1960" but he also adds that dunham was "5 weeks pregnant" with obama at the time and put a "december 1960" graphic over one of the photos. pretty excessive if someone was "momentarily mistaken".

also, gilbert specifically points out earlier in the film that dunham was in WA between 1956 and 1960 showing all four of her high school yearbook photos...... including 1958!!! ( she looks nothing like the model ).

sorry mm4, gilbert has fooled you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You don't know if Gilbert was momentarily wrong about the date on some of a whole collection of photos--but what's more, you can't even provide a source for your assertion he said that.

For the third time now: I'm asking you to provide it.

Because the subject pictured is clearly Stanley Ann Dunham.
It's hard to identify people from their pictures. I was once told my DL picture looked like Kate Jackson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
dunham attended mercer island high school in WA from 1956 to graduation in 1960. here's an article from 2007 ( predating both the "born in kenya" and "son of FMD" myths ) with quotes from her high school friends:

WebCite query result

yes. absolutely. there are some vague similarities at best but i wouldn't have said it was stanley ann dunham and definitely not a 14-15 year old dunham ( the age she would have had to have been in order to have a photo published in 1958 ). i'm certain that you honestly believe that the model looks exactly like dunham. we have a difference of subjective opinion so that is why i'm trying to focus on facts that are not subjective.

i don't think the president looks anything like his father...... nor do i think the president looks like frank marshall davis. i also don't think dennis quaid looks anything like randy quaid. so what?

i see a very slight resemblance between the POTUS and his half-sister, maya (same mother different father). i do see a resemblance between the POTUS and his half-brother, mark ( same father different mother ). i don't see a resemblance between the POTUS and his half-brother, malik ( same father different mother ) and i definitely see a strong resemblance between the POTUS and his half-brother george ( same father different mother ).

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...am_793947c.jpg

genetics are funny things.
I saw a picture once of Obama and his maternal GF on the beach in HI when O. was a young boy. The GF had a tan, and looked very similar to the way Obama looks now.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:45 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
...and looked very similar to the way Obama looks now.
yep.

loved your work on "charlie's angels".

Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
yep.

But I'm an Olympic Ice Skater!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Ted Cruz college days.... Simply Brilliant. -

Old 04-28-2015, 11:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ted Cruz college days.... Simply Brilliant. -
Not brilliant but likely very smart and a quick study, he's by no means a deep or complex or nuanced thinker. Nothing wrong with that. To anyone who's paid attention, i.e. ignored the coverage and tried to get past the political ideology, it's obvious Cruz is a major nerd.

Have you ever attended a smallish event and watched him interact with people? I did, twice, during his Senate run. Like all nerds, he's not comfortable in his own skin and he's definitely not comfortable interacting with people. He gives it his best shot but he's a fish out of water.
Cruz is one of those nerds who builds castles in his head and lives in them. He's smart enough to conceive and hatch all kinds of schemes, he becomes enamored with them, and he's convinced they will work and he's convinced afterwords they did work. He's an extremely abstract thinker, something I appreciate, but he has trouble translating abstract schemes into concrete workable results. Like most nerds, he's sloppy in his dress and grooming. That's not a criticism, many great men did the same. None of whom were elected President since the early 20th century so there's that.

I don't hate him, I don't fear him. I like him just like I've liked lots of nerds I've known. He's a big old clumsy boring well-intentioned but hapless nerd who has limited people skills and who would never be elected to national office in a big turn-out year. He's not a people person, he doesn't have anything resembling supervisory or executive skills. He's the type who'd best serve his country by being a staff person advising POTUS or a CEO. His single great flaw is that like many nerds he always believes he's the smartest person in the room, when in fact every person in the room is smarter in some field than he is.

Re debating, that's just one of those nerd skills. Formal debating (his forte) is not about logic or reasoning, it's about memorizing obscure details and throwing out as many of them as you can in a timed contest. Boring. Nerdish. Stuff.

Many nerds idolize him, no surprise there.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 04-28-2015 at 11:52 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,303 times
Quote:
yep.

I admired Katarina Witt's figure skating.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I admired Katarina Witt's figure skating.
Figure skating, now THERE'S a skill. Unlike debating, it's become more challenging and complex through the years.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:00 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Figure skating, now THERE'S a skill. Unlike debating, it's become more challenging and complex through the years.
Just like a good wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkF_ZpQ4eg

Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not brilliant but likely very smart and a quick study, he's by no means a deep or complex or nuanced thinker. Nothing wrong with that. To anyone who's paid attention, i.e. ignored the coverage and tried to get past the political ideology, it's obvious Cruz is a major nerd.

Maybe according to you, with no credibility. Not according to his Princeton and Harvard Law professors - Simply Brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies