Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 01:41 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
You keep making this false narrative with no supporting evidence. I told you in the other thread to prove it and don't use that one report that made a guess. You just love making up false things and think no one will question you on it.
I cited my sources by several historians, the League of Nations and the UN. The burden of proof that the Jewish population was significant in Palestine in contemporary times prior to 1917 is *ON YOU*. Good luck, I'm sure you'll again quote some expulsion during the times of Jesus Christ lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 01:46 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I cited my sources by several historians, the League of Nations and the UN. The burden of proof that the Jewish population was significant in Palestine in contemporary times prior to 1917 is *ON YOU*. Good luck, I'm sure you'll again quote some expulsion during the times of Jesus Christ lol.
The burden of proof is on you because you made the statement and keep making excuses for not proving it. I'm sure you can keep trying to use that League of Nations report that made a guess and didn't even add a number at all. You haven't cited any historians. You completely ignored it. As suspected you can't prove it without constantly trying to use that League of Nations report that made a simple guess.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
You can't say that their interpretation was "wrong". That is just stupidity. Several countries agreed with them including France, India, the USSR, and Argentina...with Israel's most staunch ally, the US, being silent on the matter. That is very telling.
Actually I can say it was wrong and they knew it was wrong which is why they said no peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it, and insistence on the rights of the Palestinian people in their own country. Any more excuses?

Quote:
Your second piece about an Arab family leaving a war zone because the Arab States said they would be able to return to their homes after the fighting....yes they should have been allowed to return to their homes, they're civilians, but they weren't. They were barred from doing so and placed in refugee camps... I wonder by whom?
Ahh so now you see that line you were posting about Israel making them all leave was false. They were placed in refugee camps by the people that told them to leave in the first place.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
The burden of proof is on you because you made the statement and keep making excuses for not proving it. I'm sure you keep trying to use that League of Nations report that made a guess and didn't even add a number at all. You haven't cited any historians. You completely ignored it. As suspected you can't prove it without constantly trying to use that League of Nations report that made a simple guess.
I cited a historian in my last post. Again please provide proof that the Jewish population was significant prior to 1917 in the contemporary era. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Actually I can say it was wrong and they knew it was wrong which is why they said no peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it, and insistence on the rights of the Palestinian people in their own country. Any more excuses?

Ahh so now you see that line you were posting about Israel making them all leave was false. They were placed in refugee camps by the people that told them to leave in the first place.
Wow.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I cited a historian in my last post. Again please provide proof that the Jewish population was significant prior to 1917 in the contemporary era. Thanks.
In other words you have no proof as always. I told you to prove it in the other thread and you disappeared and now that you dropped your League of Nations report that only guesses you got nothing. I expected this much from you because you make a lot of claims.

Last edited by Devon011; 04-30-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Wow.
Yes wow is the word... You made up a claim and I proved you wrong and now you are speechless.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
In other words you have no proof as always. I told you to prove it in the other thread and you disappeared and now that you dropped your League of Nations report that only guesses you got nothing. I expected this much from you because you make a lot off claims.
The thread was locked. I've quoted the League of Nations Report and a historian several pages back. Please provide proof...or can you?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
The thread was locked. I've quoted the League of Nations Report and a historian several pages back. Please provide proof...or can you?
You had responded in the thread long before it was locked. I can prove that too.

You quoted a League of Nations report that made a guess. So again no proof. I will name your claims.

"Jews were only a handful in Palestine by 1920"

"Now you're saying they were 4% of the population"

99% of Jews in Israel are from other places but Palestine.

These are all false claims you made and still haven't proved. The burden of proof is on you since you made the claim with no facts.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:53 PM

714 posts, read 356,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I'm sad that these Hamas sycophants are not responding to your post. Guess the truth is too much to handle.
Yea. this PDX has been very active on this thread. But interestingly enough has ignored post #46. In that post I specifically addressed a simple question to PDX. The question is, as PDX is fond of saying:
Quote:
In bold.
So, PDX, even if you aren't capable of a rational response to the rest of the post, at least answer the simple, direct question which was asked of you ("in bold"). Here is the whole post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
The no. 1 myth is the labeling of “settlements” as the primary obstacle to peace. The true barrier is the same one it has always been : the so-called “right of return” – and the Palestinian’s refusal to recognize Israel’s right to exist as the nation-state of the Jewish people. The Arabs waged war on Israel DECADES BEFORE there was a single “settlement”. How do you explain that in the context of your claim that "settlements is the #1 obstacle to a solution", PDX???

For almost all of Israel's existence before 2001, the left dominated the government. Why did it change? The leftist government offered Arafat virtually EVERYTHING the Palestinian Authority demanded. Arafat's response was to launch the worst wave of terrorism in Israel's history. That destroyed the left. Olmert went even further in 2008. Abbas simply walked away.

Until the "moderate" Palestinians stop glorifying "martyrs" of terror and mass murder, and stop their media, schools, and mosques from educating their people to hate, the people of Israel will continue to believe there is no true partner for peace. The "Palestinians" have never made a single major concession, and don't intend to do so. That's why they're seeking to impose s "solution" on totally their terms. No negotiations. No peace.

The “moderate” PA does not even include the state of Israel on their maps, for heaven's sake!

Just a bit of recent history:
Egypt and Jordan occupied Gaza and the West Bank for almost 20 years. Yet there were no protests. There was NEVER a call for a Palestinian state. There was NEVER a mention of a "Palestinian People". That term was invented later by Arafat's gang in the late 70's. There was no "occupied Palestinian territory".
The only sovereign states to ever exist in "Palestine" were Jewish states.
The Palestinian Arabs don’t want a secure state of Israel, current polls and the election of Hamas attest to that. No PA leader is willing to utter the phrase “two states for two peoples”. Why?

And an imposed "peace", apparently the next great Obama misstep, will bring no peace at all. It will only harden the PA's adamant stance even further, and kill any chance for negotiations. No Israeli government, either of the left or of the right, will accept the imposition of a Palestinian state without taking Israel's vital interests into account. Even a negotiated "peace" agreement with Abbas (as remote as that is, given the refusal of the PA to make any significant concessions) will be exactly that and that only - just an agreement but no peace. There will be continuing war with Hamas, Hezbullah and the other Iranian proxies, and the millions upon millions of Islamic extremists in the Arab and Muslim world. Abbas does not even represent a majority of the Palestinian Arabs who want Israel gone totally. An Abbas agreement will result in major and irrevocable Israeli concessions for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies