Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I will address the first of your two links, which is an article published by NASA supporting and promoting the "97% consensus" lie. This is one of my favorite things to talk about on this subject.

So, off we go:
This is a flat out lie. Moreover, it has been widely known for quite a while now that this proposition is not supported by the facts, yet NASA continues to promote this blatantly false propaganda anyway.

As we can see, NASA, an agency of the US Government, has outed themselves as propagandists and are publishing and promoting falsehoods and lies on this topic at this very moment, and as a result cannot be trusted on this. What in the world is the US space agency doing getting involved in a politically charged debate on the climate, anyway?

They do quote a study by John Cook that sampled articles on climate change as a proxy for what either "all scientists" or "all climate scientists" believe, but this study does not even purport to support the conclusion that you, and NASA and the other environmental extremists claim that it does. Here is a link to that study, which I encourage you to read, and then we can discuss it further if you like:

Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature - IOPscience

So, as you can see, this study does not actually even try to support this hypothesis. Rather, after repeating this lie for many years, the AGW extremists have just adopted this study as the closest thing to support for this false proposition they can find. And I have looked, there is none better.

But of course if you can produce a scientific, statistically sound poll that has been conducted showing that 97% of either "all scientists" or "all climate scientists" support the AGW alarmism hypothesis, we would all like to see it. But you cannot do it because it does not exist.

NASA either knows this and is knowingly lying or is ignorant of it and is demonstrating their lack of reliability by their negligent promotion of lies on this topic. In either case, they are not a reliable or trustworthy source on this subject.

And the 97% claim is as brazen a lie as is being frequently repeated anywhere in the world today.
I wouldnt call myself an environmental extremist and dont believe all these climatologists and all the scientific communities are lying ,i'm just a normal guy who reads the news and comes to my own conclusions using my logic to determine whats plausible and whats not ,its going to take more than some obscure website(IOP) that no one has heard of to convince me that the global science communities are all in on a conspiracy to lie to the Earths population for some nefarious reason.
Spartacus i think its you who have swallowed some illogical rightwing line of bs concerning the issue of Global warming.
Topics like this one are kind of pointless as people who believe all the scientists are lying will continue to do so no matter how many pages of posts are written and people like me will never be given enough credible evidence to refute all of what the scientists are claiming,so at best we are left in the position of agreeing to disagree.

Last edited by jambo101; 06-16-2015 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
"Deniers" is a politically oriented term that alarmists constantly use to try to insult, denigrate and de-legitimize people who disagree with them on this subject for the purpose of trying to stifle discussion and the expression of dissenting viewpoints on this topic.

The term “deniers” is what people who have denied the holocaust are commonly referred to – as in “holocaust deniers”. By using this term, the AGW alarmists are collectively trying to associate people who have doubts and concerns about this alarmist movement with Adolph Hitler and his murderous campaign against the Jews.

Each and every time they do this, they are invoking Godwin's law, which states that if a discussion goes on long enough, it will eventually devolve to a point where comparisons to the Nazis are made, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.

These are the tactics that the left routinely resorts to on this issue.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 06-16-2015 at 08:55 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Maybe it's a new ice age.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:13 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Watts is the most aggressive denier out there.

Scientific skepticism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

: an impartial attitude of the mind previous to investigation

Watts opposes every single conclusion made by all of the mainstream scientific sources and if it doesn't fit into his agenda he denies it, mocks it or intentionally misinterprets it to mislead people like you. Have you ever once seen anything on his blog that suggests that warming is real and the implications will be negative?

On the other hand:

Denier | Definition of denier by Merriam-Webster

: one who denies <deniers of the truth>

deny

: to refuse to accept or admit (something)

Automatically opposing every single conclusion made by the most qualified climatologists in the world does not make you a skeptic, it makes you a denier. They may be wrong from time to time, but Watts doesn't oppose them for that reason-- he opposes them because he is being paid to oppose them.

The most qualified climatologists in the world gave us Climategate, the hockey stick, and the Peter Gleick forgeries - skepticism is warranted.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:14 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
This just in: Americans think that they are the entire planet.

More news at 11.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:16 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Advanced Climate Station Data Shows U.S. In A Cooling Trend | The Daily Caller

Never fear- We will now be faced with the prospect of "global cooling". The same "global warming" loons will claim that man made CO2 is causing the cooling and will seek the usual "remedies":

increased taxes

limitations on industrial output

redistribution of wealth

a new jet for Al Gore

destroying the coal industry

raising electricity rates

When the POPE is talking about climate change, its a clear sign the elite have lost their minds.
After all religion and climate change go hand and hand, its all about faith.

The more I hear the pope talk and our leaders I feel like I am watching game of thrones.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wouldnt call myself an environmental extremist and dont believe all these climatologists and all the scientific communities are lying ,i'm just a normal guy who reads the news and comes to my own conclusions using my logic to determine whats plausible and whats not ,its going to take more than some obscure website(IOP) that no one has heard of to convince me that the global science communities are all in on a conspiracy to lie to the Earths population for some nefarious reason.
Spartacus i think its you who have swallowed some illogical rightwing line of bs concerning the issue of Global warming.
Topics like this one are kind of pointless as people who believe all the scientist are lying will continue to do so no matter how many pages of posts are written and people like me will never be given enough credible evidence to refute all of what the scientists are claiming,so at best we are left in the position of agreeing to disagree.
Deflection request denied.

You posted the link to NASA's article about the 97% consensus lie.

I just want everyone to realize that the 97% number is just a straight up fabrication and that NASA is actively involved in disseminating this dishonest and misleading propaganda.

If anyone still believes otherwise, feel free to be the first person here on this board (or apparently anywhere for that matter) to present legitimate, statistically sound support for the suggestion that 97% of either "all scientists" or "all climate scientists" support the currently popular AGW alarmism hypothesis.

You cannot do it, because no such proof exists.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 06-16-2015 at 08:26 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The most qualified climatologists in the world gave us Climategate, the hockey stick, and the Peter Gleick forgeries - skepticism is warranted.
No, the deniers brought you the fake scandal of Climategate.
The hockey stick is still relevant.
And Gleick was cleared of all charges and was also justified-- people deserve to know how the denial machine works.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Advanced Climate Station Data Shows U.S. In A Cooling Trend | The Daily Caller

Never fear- We will now be faced with the prospect of "global cooling". The same "global warming" loons will claim that man made CO2 is causing the cooling and will seek the usual "remedies":

increased taxes

limitations on industrial output

redistribution of wealth

a new jet for Al Gore

destroying the coal industry

raising electricity rates
Yup. North America has been in a cooling trend, but the average surface temps for rest of the globe has been flat for almost twenty years now.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Deflection request denied.

You posted the link to NASA's article about the 97% consensus lie.

I just want everyone to realize that the 97% number is just a straight up fabrication and that NASA is actively involved in disseminating this dishonest and misleading propaganda.

If anyone still believes otherwise, feel free to be the first person here on this board (or apparently anywhere for that matter) to present legitimate, statistically sound support for the suggestion that 97% of either "all scientists" or "all climate scientists" support the currently popular AGW alarmism hypothesis.

You cannot do it, because no such proof exists.
If you dont believe the Earths leading Scientific communities and what they are concluding from their scientific findings theres nothing more i can give as reading on the issue of the condition of the climate as your mind is made up, you'll never believe anything.
You continue to believe your pointless obsessive paranoid views that its all an AGW alarmism hypothesis.
I'm going to the local Chinese restaurant for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies