Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be fair, it says the the United States is in a cooling trend, but not the world. US cooling is not global cooling, and global temperatures have at best been staying mostly flat, and at worst rising slowly.

So yeah, the PLANET is not cooling. So this thread is absolutely awful. I'm hoping by pointing this out, we can all let this thread die.
Absolutely awful is Obama running around pretending we are in a global warming crisis, acting like Henny Penny screaming the sky is falling. All this thread does is point out that the US has been cooling, while the rest of the planet average temps have been flat.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
No, the deniers brought you the fake scandal of Climategate.
The hockey stick is still relevant.
And Gleick was cleared of all charges and was also justified-- people deserve to know how the denial machine works.

Post-normal science in a nutshell... the ends justify the means.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
MSNBC thinks its the reason the sharks are attacking humans ...lol...
this phenomenon happened like one hundred years ago with summer swimmers in their (the sharks) ocean.
I will be concerned when Free Willy (a Orca) comes crashing into shore for brunch !

Old 06-16-2015, 09:03 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Yes, and people die all the time, therefore if I was to shoot you your death would be natural and not manmade so no one could arrest me for it.

That one should also drive the warmers nuts because it's exactly the same logic that you've used to make them look so stupid over and over in these AGW threads.
Nice deflection.

The earth heats and cools periodically. Not proven man has caused current warming.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wouldnt call myself an environmental extremist and dont believe all these climatologists and all the scientific communities are lying ,i'm just a normal guy who reads the news and comes to my own conclusions using my logic to determine whats plausible and whats not ,its going to take more than some obscure website(IOP) that no one has heard of to convince me that the global science communities are all in on a conspiracy to lie to the Earths population for some nefarious reason.
Spartacus i think its you who have swallowed some illogical rightwing line of bs concerning the issue of Global warming.
Topics like this one are kind of pointless as people who believe all the scientists are lying will continue to do so no matter how many pages of posts are written and people like me will never be given enough credible evidence to refute all of what the scientists are claiming,so at best we are left in the position of agreeing to disagree.
The deal is this, if politicians are going to claim we have a dire climate warming crisis, which requires new draconian laws, taxes, regulations and changes in our lifestyle.

However, the scientific evidence we observe shows not only is there NO global warming for almost two decades, but that the USA is actually experiencing a cooling trend, then people need to know that their politicians are LYING, and something else is driving their motives to demand all these new climate laws and regs.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:07 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you dont believe the Earths leading Scientific communities and what they are concluding from their scientific findings theres nothing more i can give as reading on the issue of the condition of the climate as your mind is made up, you'll never believe anything.
You continue to believe your pointless obsessive paranoid views that its all an AGW alarmism hypothesis.
I'm going to the local Chinese restaurant for lunch.
Belief is a religious concept. Science, when conducted scientifically, is about the scientific method and the verifiable results it produces. Clearly, all you have here is the former, and none of the latter.

In fact, scientists are just as inclined to be corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, self-serving, or just plain wrong as lawyers, politicians, journalists, religious leaders, business executives or anyone else.

Deny that as some sort of heresy if you feel like you must.

And have a nice lunch.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:09 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nice deflection.

The earth heats and cools periodically. Not proven man has caused current warming.
It seems to be the new city-data denier thing to pretend that every legitimate response to your assertions is a 'deflection'.

It also means that we're stuck at the same shallow level of discussion where you merely assert things that are completely untrue and refuse to accept any evidence that suggests they are not.

I bet you didn't even understand my analogy.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:12 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Belief is a religious concept. Science, when conducted scientifically, is about the scientific method and the verifiable results it produces. Clearly, all you have here is the former, and none of the latter.

In fact, scientists are just as inclined to be corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, self-serving, or just plain wrong as lawyers, politicians, journalists, religious leaders, business executives or anyone else.

Deny that as some sort of heresy if you feel like you must.

And have a nice lunch.
WOW!

So you're not merely choosing what to believe and have personally conducted observations of the climate and come to your own conclusions without anyone's help?

You must have a net worth of billions and an IQ to match.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Deflection request denied.

You posted the link to NASA's article about the 97% consensus lie.

I just want everyone to realize that the 97% number is just a straight up fabrication and that NASA is actively involved in disseminating this dishonest and misleading propaganda.

If anyone still believes otherwise, feel free to be the first person here on this board (or apparently anywhere for that matter) to present legitimate, statistically sound support for the suggestion that 97% of either "all scientists" or "all climate scientists" support the currently popular AGW alarmism hypothesis.

You cannot do it, because no such proof exists.
97% of scientists agree the planet's climate warms and cools, and since we were in a little ice-age as early as around the year 1900, and we warmed out of it, yes we have had global warming.

What that 97% do not agree on is that human-induced CO2 has been warming the planet, or that it will do so in any meaningful way in the future.

In other words, 97% agree the planet's climate warms, and believe that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but 97% do not fall for the man-made global warming crisis garbage.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
WOW!

So you're not merely choosing what to believe and have personally conducted observations of the climate and come to your own conclusions without anyone's help?

You must have a net worth of billions and an IQ to match.
Ran out of constructive arguments again, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies