Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Well one could argue the same thing about Craig Hicks and liberals. Hicks might as well share the same sentiments with others about religion and other topics with other liberal posters here as well.
Craig Hicks the man who shot and killed 3 Muslims? What does he have to do with liberal ideology concerning Muslims?

I mean is this the best conservatives can come up with?

Look seriously, conservatives sound like racists when they discuss black Americans. They agree with so much of what mr roof believes concerning black Americans.

Again, not one poster has disputed this fact.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Maybe if it was harder for people to get guns high profile politicians wouldn't need to be protected by so much security.
Oooooo. Good one.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Amazing. The one thread where people weren't throwing around insults and people were discussing a topic that needs discussed (the influence drugs have on those who go off and kill people) gets closed, but this one with all sorts of insults being thrown around stays open.
Yeah, just like conservatives, racism? what racism?

"Mr roof is a drug addict, he is insane, he killed them cause they are Christian.", that's all conservatives trying to change the subject.

This is how one knows conservatives are terrified to discuss what motivated mr roof, they are attempting to lie and distort his motives.

Why are conservatives so uninterested in discussing racism? Especially in this case where it was the factor as stated by the murderer.

It's because any discussion of mr roof's motives and thoughts about black Americans implicates how conservatives at large discuss black Americans.

It will highlight the similarities.

Also, any discussion about how a young man grows to hate black Americans so much implicates white supremacy and racism, two things conservatives say no longer matter.

This is also something that mr roof believed. He was convinced that anti- black racism was irrelevant. Now think about that. Here he was a virulent racist believing the same thing conservatives believe about how widespread racism is in America against black Americans.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:39 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Craig Hicks the man who shot and killed 3 Muslims? What does he have to do with liberal ideology concerning Muslims?

I mean is this the best conservatives can come up with?

Look seriously, conservatives sound like racists when they discuss black Americans. They agree with so much of what mr roof believes concerning black Americans.

Again, not one poster has disputed this fact.
Like most liberals, they tend to be atheist just as Hicks is. The likes on his Facebook page mirror similar sentiments that liberal posters here have about religion and other topics within liberal ideology and the opposition of the GOP.

Bill Maher may as be considered a bigot or racist or whatever regarding his comments on Islam. Yet he shares similar sentiments with Hicks about conservatives and the Republicans. One could argue that he is generalizing their believers or the religion itself.

Might be something to think about.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:40 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
I described the specific topics(black on black crime,Trayvon Martin, how mr roof and conservatives sound the same when discussing black Americans. You just choose to ignore those examples.

And conservatives do discuss the prospect of a race war. I hear that crap all the time from conservatives like Glenn Beck, or Alex Jones or a plethora of conservatives out there saying that President Obama is priming black people to riot and hate the police so they'll be race riots and he can declare martial law. In all those scenarios conservatives are thinking about killing black people.

conservative gun nuts dream up scenarios where the government runs out of food stamps or some other situation that they call crap hitting the fan and they fantasize about roving black and Latino gangs which they'll have to kill.

Mr roof's violent fantasies of killing black people if expressed slightly differently would have been right at home amongst conservatives.
Quote:
Nah mr roof sounds just like conservatives when he writes about black on black crime or white on black crime.

You'd be hard pressed to find any agreement with me and how hitler felt about Jewish people

Mr roof and conservatives are congruent on many topic concerning black Americans.

This objective fact should concern conservatives.

Hey they should think "I agree with a white supremacist about black people on many many topics".
Quote:
Yet another conservative that doesn't deal with the specifics.

This should be easy for conservatives.

Yet they don't say nah mr roof doesn't sound like us when writing about black on black crime, trayvon Martin, black on white crime, etc.

Because mr roof sounds exactly like conservatives when discussing black Americans
Quote:
Again, a whole post where you dispute absolutely none of my points. Not one.

Either mr roof sounds like conservatives when he brings up black on black crime or he doesn't.

The truth is he does sound like conservatives. They agree with each other on that and many other topics concerning black Americans.
Not only are all of these obsessive anti-conservative tirades factually incorrect, but they're especially insensitive considering that most of the victims likely leaned conservative, being that they were church-going Christians at a weeknight bible study.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Yeah, just like conservatives, racism? what racism?
What makes me a conservative? Being against the death penalty? Supporting gay marriage? Being totally against our failed wars? Supporting the liberalization of drug laws? Wanting the bankers charged and thrown in prison?

Because I believe this is a complicated thing and not a reason to demonize those I have political differences with me makes me a conservative? If so, O.K. I'll accept that.

Quote:
"Mr roof is a drug addict, he is insane, he killed them cause they are Christian.", that's all conservatives trying to change the subject.
The only thing I said that would come close to the above is to question his mental state.

Quote:
This is how one knows conservatives are terrified to discuss what motivated mr roof, they are attempting to lie and distort his motives.
Some of us have noted how so many of those who have done similar have some very similar traits and were discussing that. It's something we need to consider and look into but if you feel it's better to demonize people to maybe get to the bottom of things, well, whatever. I just don't understand the mods taking that position.

Quote:
Why are conservatives so uninterested in discussing racism? Especially in this case where it was the factor as stated by the murderer.
Calling people names is no way to get someone to listen to you.

Quote:
It's because any discussion of mr roof's motives and thoughts about black Americans implicates how conservatives at large discuss black Americans.

It will highlight the similarities.

Also, any discussion about how a young man grows to hate black Americans so much implicates white supremacy and racism, two things conservatives say no longer matter.

This is also something that mr roof believed. He was convinced that anti- black racism was irrelevant. Now think about that. Here he was a virulent racist believing the same thing conservatives believe about how widespread racism is in America against black Americans.
You seem to have become an expert on him in a very short time. This reminds me of all the experts after Giffords was shot who then as it turned out, were only interested in demonizing those they see as their political enemies.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Like most liberals, they tend to be atheist just as Hicks is. The likes on his Facebook page mirror similar sentiments that liberal posters here have about religion and other topics within liberal ideology.

Bill Maher may as be considered a bigot or racist or whatever regarding his comments on Islam. Yet he shares similar sentiments with Hicks about conservatives and the Republicans. One could argue that he is generalizing their believers or the religion itself.

Might be something to think about.
Are most liberals atheist? I see no proof of that in any data. So your basic premise is wrong on the face of it.

This fact invalidates your whole line of thinking.

Also what does his atheism have to do with anything about liberals and killing Muslims?

You are doing badly. You have to connect what mr hicks believes about atheism to his killing those Muslims, then you have to connect those beliefs to things liberals believe about Muslims.

I don't know if Bill Maher identifies as liberal, but again, his bigoted beliefs about Islam are challenged by liberals all the damn time and cheered by conservatives. So how does that prove your point?

Old 06-21-2015, 07:51 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Over the last 200 years the biggest Racist have been Democrats. They still are.
Ideology =/= political party.

Democrats were the conservative party for most of their history.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:53 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
According to the book Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi he was a conservative. Not that that matters.
I thought I read in that book that his plan was to spark a race war between blacks and whites, with his prediction that the blacks would win, and that they would elect him king because they would need someone smarter than they to rule.

I think dumb racism is when you have dumb whites wanting to have a "black and white" understanding that whites are smarter even if they're the dumber.

I think that dumb whites want to use force and control over blacks as a means of settling the IQ question.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Not only are all of these obsessive anti-conservative tirades factually incorrect, but they're especially insensitive considering that most of the victims likely leaned conservative, being that they were church-going Christians at a weeknight bible study.
Lol, yeah those were conservative voters in the AME church.

The head pastor of the church was a long long long time Democrat. These people were probably not conservatives. Don't put that lie on them.

Heck the name and mission of the church alone if given in a different context would be downed by conservatives as reverse racism.

evidence that black peoples are obsessed with race. Again this church was founded on black liberation. You know the same thing conservatives tarnished President Obamas former church.

The members of that church are close to the naacp, an organization conservatives despise.

These are the people that conservatives call race baiters when they are politically active and speaking out against racism in a church founded on black liberation.

Yet, none of those facts changes the sad fact that mr roof sounds just like conservatives when he wrote about black Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies