Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Plant all you want. It's not illegal until I try to use it.

A 19 y.o. is an adult just as much as a 65 y.o., and in both cases children are off limits as sexual partners. Why does junior get a pass on responsibility for his actions?

C'mon you two. Lib tactic #101 - ad hominem attacks. Junior grade stuff when your argument is failing. I expected better than that. How old are you two anyhow?
And what if you did end up using it unknowingly? Pretty much the same scenario here. Somehow, I doubt you'd just accept whatever punishment they threw your way.

And nah, my argument is just fine, but you should wonder why essentially nobody agrees with your "insane" opinion, lol.

I'm in my mid 20's.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well then I think someone (maybe you) needs to invent an E-Verify for potential sexual partners. Take a fingerprint or retinal scan (retinal NOT rectal ) and submit it to a national system prior to the tryst and if an "ok" comes back then you may proceed. If something in your potential partners past or an age issue arises you'd get a warning that you should consult with local law enforcement before proceeding.
Or maybe young men should start thinking with the right head? It's plagued males for thousands of years but the consequences are a bit more serious now.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:43 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Or maybe young men should start thinking with the right head? It's plagued males for thousands of years but the consequences are a bit more serious now.
Or maybe some girls should be upfront and honest with their age? I know, seems to be a tough task for some of them.

At the end of the day, if a girl says she's a certain age and looks the part, that should be enough. When it comes to one night stands/hookups/casual sex, it's just how it goes. Doesn't make anyone a bad person.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Unless I way miss my guess you know the truth of this first hand...

Old 06-19-2015, 09:46 AM

939 posts, read 795,873 times
Lawmakers overreact to sex offenses because the general public is ignorant, and they play on that ignorance in order to "look good". It works, and will continue to work because the general public is too ignorant to see thru this nonsense. All sex offenders are seen as kidnapping rapists and pedophiles. Keep sleeping America- until it happens to you..

Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
Quote:
Plant all you want. It's not illegal until I try to use it.

A 19 y.o. is an adult just as much as a 65 y.o., and in both cases children are off limits as sexual partners. Why does junior get a pass on responsibility for his actions?

C'mon you two. Lib tactic #101 - ad hominem attacks. Junior grade stuff when your argument is failing. I expected better than that. How old are you two anyhow?
I'll be 19 very soon, but unlike a 65 Y/O I can't consume alcohol, go to clubs where there is alcohol, rent vehicles, become a police officer, do any civil service jobs in NYC except a traffic agent, amongst other things,

I still have a lot to learn and some maturing to do, I honestly don't even feel like an "adult" just two years ago I was going to I was going to PTA meetings with my parents worried about my report card.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
He got what he deserved.
Your self rightousness is surely appreciated by God.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
How come this girl isn't getting in any trouble? Was this guy careless? Yes indeed. I would never consider trying to hook up with someone for a booty call via the internet, because first of all I'm married anyway, and second of all you never know what you're going to get into. Having said that, this punishment is indeed harsh, and he shouldn't have his whole life ruined over it! This girl should bear a lot of the responsibility for deceiving him into believing she was something that she is not!
Both the girl and her mother campaigned hard to get the charges dropped against the boy, this judge went rogue and didn't care about anyones opinion but his own. I lied about my age when I was a kid, too. No one should be punished here IMO.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
He got what he deserved.
I hope you get what you deserve!

Old 06-19-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Millions of under age teens have sex daily, lets lock them all up.
Our Prison Industrial Complex in this country is always looking for new people to lock up!
Prisons are about $- not justice or protecting the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies