Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Only in America does consensual sex between a 19 & 14 year old make the male a sex offender for 25yrs and 90 days in jail and the girl goes unpunished for fraud, but a home burglar who breaks into someones house, steals their stuff and ruins their life gets a less than week in jail and probation for a 1st time offense.
Or a drunk driver can kill a few people and get off because of "affluenza".

Old 06-19-2015, 11:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You're right! I should've known better!

This whole thing reeks of someone letting their personal values and beliefs get the better of them. The fact that this girl will come out untouched from all of this is what bothers me the most, when it was her lie lead to all of this.

Interesting how some expect accountability from the 19 year-old and claim he should treated the same as someone 40+ years older than him, yet that same accountability isn't required from the 14 year-old, despite the much closer age gap, and also being a teenager.
Does anyone realize this 14 year old will have a permit to drive a car in less than a year and (possibly) have a license to drive said 3000 LB vehicle in another year?

If you can't hold someone accountable for their bad decisions at 14 how can anyone justify putting 'em behind the wheel of a car more or less than a year later?
I get it, ......if you're female your old enough to be held accountable for what you do with a vehicle but not what's between your legs...

Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,473,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Only in America does consensual sex between a 19 & 14 year old make the male a sex offender for 25yrs and 90 days in jail and the girl goes unpunished for fraud, but a home burglar who breaks into someones house, steals their stuff and ruins their life gets a less than week in jail and probation for a 1st time offense.
Not to mention low level drug dealers sometimes get longer prison sentences than sex offenders and stalking and ruining somebody's life hardly gets any prison time at all. Murica's Criminal Justice System ladies and gents, just a little bit better but hardly any better than Mexico and Russia lol

Old 06-19-2015, 11:12 AM

520 posts, read 532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Does anyone realize this 14 year old will have a permit to drive a car in less than a year and (possibly) have a license to drive said 3000 LB vehicle in another year?

If you can't hold someone accountable for their bad decisions at 14 how can anyone justify putting 'em behind the wheel of a car more or less than a year later?
I get it, ......if you're female your old enough to be held accountable for what you do with a vehicle but not what's between your legs...
Because driving is quite frankly simple as sh*. Thats it in a nutshell. Doesnt require any major skills and a 15 year old can easily do it.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
I think this is shameful for any state. I tell my boys to check ID, they laugh at me, they like the 'honesty' policy.

I will be showing them this!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:17 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
The parents of the "victim".

Zachary Anderson ended up behind bars after having sex with girl he met on app | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 AM

520 posts, read 532,543 times
I feel terrible for them. Nutty prosecutor and judge.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:20 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
I've never understood sexual predator lists. If you've served your time, you've served it. If you are a danger to the community then you should be removed from the community.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:21 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:

Agreed, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Because driving is quite frankly simple as sh*. Thats it in a nutshell. Doesnt require any major skills and a 15 year old can easily do it.
I don't know man, I've seen adults struggle to parallel park their Prius in a spot that could fit a Caribbean cruise ship, lol.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:

The girl isn't innocent (I hardly think she is unique among 14 year old girls, however) but that's not the point, that she didn't get punished and that he did , it's that he DID get punished so harshly. Some are making it sound like his sentence would be palatable to them if only she got an equally harsh sentence, and I hope they don't intend that because that is sad.

BOTH kids (yes, he is a kid IMO) should have gotten community service and probation, end of story. Her having her life ruined to make it equally awful all around doesn't make any of this more acceptable to me in the slightest and isn't a solution to me but a distraction from the real problem, which is the boy's punishment severity and a judge not taking the victim's wishes into consideration in the slightest.

A judge with this much self-righteous arrogance should terrify any citizen, JMO.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-19-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies