Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:20 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Mental and cultural hindrance can exist even if someone is occupationally successful.
Yet they are still successful, and people have difficultly understanding why. The latter group possesses the mental and cultural hindrances that we are discussing.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, or are clean. Like liberal Biden and Reid
What does being liberal or conservative have to do with anything? Strange comment.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Do Jewish count in white privilege because we the richest ethnic group in America?
I don't believe white privilege has anything to do with success. Let's make that clear. I believe society is full of probabilities, and there is no clear factor in what would make someone succeed or fail. That's a personal belief. Do not assume that I tie injustices of blacks to white privilege. This is an assumed correlation which I may not really necessarily believe. Let's not make assumptions, and only focus on the point I was trying to make.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Like I said before, I am not crying about any plights of black people. Let's not even assume that white privilege has anything to do with the progress or lack thereof when it comes to minorities Let's not even discuss the impact of white privilege.

Let's simply discuss whether or not whites are judged more on an individual level than any other minority group. Let's delve into this argument first.
With the last terrorist action, white man kills 9 blacks, whites are sickened at his actions, whites are not defending him, some even want the death penalty. Did you notice that when blacks kill, the media goes ballistic, blacks march and deny, they always blame it on whitey and defend him even in the face of video's that prove he was wrong? Crime is crime no matter what color you are.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:22 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Here's a definition for you: Racist bilge. The end.
But here's something I wonder about: Persian Jews are very wealthy. The population of Beverly Hills is estimated to be about 25% Persian Jews. Are these people white? If not, is there Persian Jew Privilege? If they are white, why do they get such a larger helping of white privilege than other groups, such as Italians, Greeks, Poles, etc. get?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Mental and cultural hindrance can exist even if someone is occupationally successful.
I am a student of nature. You will find that I am very curious about the human condition and human nature. Is there anything wrong with that?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
There are some whites who understand, but others refuse to understand or even try to understand. That latter are the people who are fighting to protect their privilege because they don't like having to work to compete. However, it doesn't matter to me, generally speaking. Just don't play victim when you are obviously not one. Just don't get angry because I surpass you. Be fair and don't cheat because it bothers you to see me get ahead. Other than that, I generally don't care whether or not they acknowledge any privilege. Just move out of the way.
What you mean, compete? Compete with whom, exactly? And at what?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
What you mean, compete? Compete with whom, exactly?
With minorities, who too many whites whine about when people from minority groups do better than them. Nothing is stopping you. Work harder.

It's not their fault that they are making straight As and/or can write a better essay than you. It's not their fault that they are more professional than you. Do better. I've seen whites upset when a minority child is more advanced in musical arts. Seriously? It's no one else's fault that the white children involved are less advanced. Practice more.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
With the last terrorist action, white man kills 9 blacks, whites are sickened at his actions, whites are not defending him, some even want the death penalty. Did you notice that when blacks kill, the media goes ballistic, blacks march and deny, they always blame it on whitey and defend him even in the face of video's that prove he was wrong? Crime is crime no matter what color you are.
I def noticed that as well.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Thank you for reinforcing my point. So your belief is that blacka are quick to rally behind someone who is clearly wrong in their actions, but whites are more quick to detach themselves from someone of their own ethnic background who executes an heinous act.

This is actually very powerful and reinforces my point. Blacks are just as responsible for white privilege as whites are. Maybe even moreso. Because blacks do not judge themselves individually, or separate themselves individually. And you will notice that this pathology permeates among almost all ethnic groups in America. As you will find that Latinos defend latinos, blacks defend blacks, but whites never defend whites? Now, why is this? Perhaps minorities are not socialized to see themselves individually, and feel they must defend someone of their own ethnic background because they prescribe to collectivist mentality?

I think this is very deep characteristic of human reasoning. That is not commonly addressed or examined. That is what I hope to discuss in this thread. Are minority groups socialized to not think individually,and thus they are less likely to judge themselves individually? And conversely are whites socialized to think more individually?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies