Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Who are these "gun grabbers" you people keep on about? Has anyone here had their guns grabbed? Anyone?

No?

I haven't. Anyone know anyone whose guns have been grabbed?

Quite the bit of hyperbole there.
Your ilk would if you could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm a lot safer in Canada than I would be in the US, gun or no gun. The US murder rate is 23 times that of Canada.
Canada doesn't have the large uneducated ignorant swaths of ghettos like America.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So buying a gun is hard, huh?
Not if you don't have a criminal record. It's a little time consuming, is all. You have to fill out a long form (4473) and wait while the gunshop confirms your info with the FBI and gives you an OK to purchase.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
I know one thing
If all the CD players that use drugs were honest very few could own a firearm
Guess what .. people lie...
Yep..it actually happens

Try buying a gun in California and see how much fun it is...

First... probably more than half are illegal or haven't paid the ransom tax to sell that model here to legal purchasers... then
Go through the ten day wait
Fill out the atf form
Get printed as a part of that form
Fill out gun safe requirements... sign and attest to same
Sign document about unsafe storage of a firearm to be used to prosecute ypi if it fall into the wrong persons hands
Provide hunter safety or ccw class or peace officer I'd
Demonstrate gun lock or buy same

Gun violence has been going down steadily over the years...

I'm OK with every american owning a gun that wants one..isn't crazy.. a drug addict.. or a felon... and I'm OK with them being ccw holders.. I've never had an issue with a ccw holder in my career

Old 06-22-2015, 09:19 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Your ilk would if you could.
My ilk? What is my ilk? Gun owners? I own four so I would try and grab my own guns?

Hmmm....pretty circular logic there.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
If it's so easy then why isn't the NRA all up in arms?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:11 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not if you don't have a criminal record. It's a little time consuming, is all. You have to fill out a long form (4473) and wait while the gunshop confirms your info with the FBI and gives you an OK to purchase.
Also, after you have completed the above, some states have waiting periods. Mostly 3 days.
Some states you have to apply for with the local law enforcement and you have to prove a "need" to own the gun in order to get a gun owners permit.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Also, after you have completed the above, some states have waiting periods. Mostly 3 days.
Some states you have to apply for with the local law enforcement and you have to prove a "need" to own the gun in order to get a gun owners permit.

Which are all unconstitutional, as the Constitution is written.
SHALL NOT, has never meant maybe.
That is like telling a rapist no, I guess.
Evil, never follows the law. The law says, shall not.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Since the inception of this nation, our government has killed 1000x's more innocent people, than all the domestic murders with a firearm, in the same time frame.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:53 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Rather he received it as a "gift" or bought it at a gun store really doesn't matter. If it was a gift, as a felon he was prohibited from owning it and was in violation of federal law for being in possession of one. And if the person giving it to him knew he was a felon he is also broke federal law by giving him the gun. One more case of gun control laws that don't work. If he bought it through a gun store that was required to run a federal NICS check and he passed it, it would also be an example of how ineffective these laws are. Oh, BTW, if he lied on his 4473 about using drugs or being a felon, that also is a violation of federal gun control laws, and a felony. Exactly the same would have happened had he bought it through a private sale and a background check been mandated.

Gun control proponents just....aren't smart enough to see that these cases are examples of how useless gun control laws actually are, not an excuse to pass more, equally useless laws.
So, because laws don't prevent crimes, let's get rid of the laws!!! Yeah! That works!

If that works for guns, then, well, since the law making murder illegal didn't prevent Roof from massacring 9 people, let's make murder legal, and all this is moot!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies