Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:29 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
No it's based on the conception that per capita it's more common that blacks engage in that kind of behavior.
Probably by an order of magnitude. I never saw anything like what happened in that video growing up. There were fights, sure... teasing, bullying, but not groups of people punching and kicking a single victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 06:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree with you, but not sure if redneck culture condemns those things. In my experience, most self identified "rednecks" use the word as code for "country" - riding 4 wheelers, drinking Budweiser, NASCAR, wearing Justin boots/Carhardtt jackets, driving a truck, listening to country music, etc. When I was in school, most rednecks were working/middle class kids and most of them made decent grades/went to class/went to college or became reliable members of the work force. I've never experienced any segment of white culture that I felt was against learning/bettering yourself/working hard/family.
I stand corrected- I meant "poor white trash" and not "redneck". I would offer that many consider me a "redneck", as I do embrace God, guns, and the outdoors. I am more fond of golf, however, than NASCAR.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This thread of course is borderline racist. A group of white guys trying to denigrate Blacks because a set of kids picked on a bright kid. The fact that the kids involved are all Black should be irrelevant but the racists drag it up.

I was the smartest kid in a number of high school situations. I seldom got picked on because I was 6 2 and a bit of a delinquent and would hit you if you tried to mock me. The other bright kid in our senior class took a lot of nonsense from the hoods and the jocks. Everybody was white and it was not newsworthy. Hoods and jocks have picked on nerds since time immemorial.
Are you out of your mind? This kid was attacked, not picked on. Where I'm from what they were doing would be legally considered A&B with a deadly weapon (shod foot).

Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sorry Coalman. Wrong case. This is black kids picking on a smart black kid. I was a smart white kid who was mostly immune because I would hit you if you pushed me in the hall...and I had quick hands. But I saw lots of it.

I don't think I ever expected to associate with the hoods...perhaps some of the jocks were OK...but a person of any reasonable intelligence would never end up associating with the hoods.

So of course he was going to move on...just as I did.
Horsecrap!

I grew up in a semi-urban environment (majority white). Smart kids were not picked on unless they had Asperger's. In fact smart kids were respected and well liked.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 06-29-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Horsecrap!

I grew up in an semi-urban environment (majority white). Smart kids were not picked on unless they had Asperger's. In fact smart kids were respected and well liked.
Yep, actually the cool kids were the smart kids in my school. Kids who did drugs and sat in the classroom taking up space were called wastes, because usually they were wasted.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:50 PM

132 posts, read 122,632 times
I figured you white folks would start back making these type of threads after your fellow animal killed those people in church 12 days ago. Predictable

Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Are you out of your mind? This kid was attacked, not picked on. Where I'm from what they were doing would be legally considered A&B with a deadly weapon (shod foot).
In this particular case it turns out to be a case of mistaken identity and it was A&B.

That of course in no way changes the fact that nerds have been picked on by hoods and jocks since time began. And it is true in any general high school in the US. It it not true in elitist schools with high standards..mainly because no hoods and often no jocks.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
I figured you white folks would start back making these type of threads after your fellow animal killed those people in church 12 days ago. Predictable
I'm just sorry there wasn't a CCW holder in that church so Roof would've been dropped. BTW: I'm "white".

Too; you won't see us out there rioting and so on had the cops offed his sorry butt.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Racist.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:44 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,887,634 times
Is there racism in this country? Yes. Unfortunately, there always will be. And it applies to people of every color and ethnicity.

I do know this. I had two in-laws on my ex-wife's side. One is a white woman married to a Hispanic man. The other is a white man married to a black woman. Each couple has two children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Unless you specifically told someone these kids were of mixed race, you couldn't tell. For all intents and purposes they look "white".

Now, if things are so difficult for minorities, why did my former nieces and nephews select "Hispanic" and "African-American" on their college entrance applications? And their employment applications? And every time they are asked to list "race"?

So why don't they want to be white? They told me it gives them advantages and opportunities that simply being white does not. So they check that box just as our Commander-in-Chief does. He's the first "African-American" President.

Now, 1 is a lawyer, 2 are in nursing, and 1 is a politician, like our President. Not bad for missing out on "White Privilege".

Last edited by Kar54; 06-29-2015 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies