Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:13 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This thread was made to give an opportunity for racist to gather and talk about Black people and for Blacks to defend the actions of people they don't know.

White people beat each other up all the time because of grades, girls, hair and eye color, social economic status or just because they want to start something.

These are the types who promote hate. Most don't buy into but a few do. We wonder why we have incidents like what happened in S. Carolina.

I wish people like this would leave the country and go somewhere they can be happy by their own kind.
This is absolutely true. How is the bullying that the OP linked to, which, again, hasn't been linked to grades, different from what I experienced as a skinny, smart, and white girl growing up in a somewhat dismal suburb where a bunch of white kids liked to beat up others? I got ridiculed and beaten up all the time, and I learned to defend myself. Did that have to do with my family, culture, and socio-economic status? Was I just too weak to know what to do? Or do many of you just have crazy fantasies about some ill-defined urban culture?

Again, if you can provide me with a link that shows how the original act of violence, deplorable as it is, is linked to academic achievement, then we can talk. No one has done that thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 04:39 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The article says he was beaten up for making the honor roll.

This ironically at Martin Luther King high school. (i.e. named after a man who advocated no violence)
No, it doesn't, and neither do either of the videos. The second one does reference MLK high school, but does that hold African-American students to a higher standard than the high schools that I went to? I mean really, I went to a High School named after Lincoln, and there was a huge amount of fighting there. The other high schools in my town were named after Washington, Roosevelt, and Franklin. WTF does that have to do with anything? I thought ya'll were not very concerned about heritage or what things have been named after. Otherwise, why are you so concerned about MLK's heritage? If African Americans are such savages, as earlier posters have said, why would you care?

Old 06-28-2015, 04:59 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Months ago, when I posted my experience teaching in a black-majority high school and how the students were bullied about being Oreo and too white if they were smart, at least two black posters here said that was not true about blacks ridiculing smart achievers, and I was actually called a liar. The denial in our culture regarding this is abysmal.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys are just gonna keep posting falsehoods no matter what. The doggone link makes it completely clear that this had nothing to do with the honor roll or any black kid being smart.

But some of you are bound and determined to believe things that confirm your predisposed notions no matter what the truth is.
Racism manifest itself in that way.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:44 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Months ago, when I posted my experience teaching in a black-majority high school and how the students were bullied about being Oreo and too white if they were smart, at least two black posters here said that was not true about blacks ridiculing smart achievers, and I was actually called a liar. The denial in our culture regarding this is abysmal.
That is in your school. It doesn't mean that all Blacks are like that. Some of us high achievers don't accept anything but the best from ourselves.

Me and my few friends where always called nerds and made fun of and bullied because we were different by White kids. Now I look back and see that is part of growing up.

Focus your energy on making a difference and making sure you are a good teacher. Black bullying is not any different from White bullying. Coming to a board like citydata will only feed into racists stereo types that does any good.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 06-28-2015 at 07:04 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 09:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Agreed. The truth hurts and it REALLY hurts when a Black person calls out hood rats for playing the fool because the rats CAN'T scream racism.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:03 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Black thugs see fit to beat another black kid for getting high grades and acting "too white".
While there is no excuse for this beating, the headline is pure fiction.

The kid was beaten because he was thought to have been involved in a fight the day before, it had nothing to do with the honor roll or "acting white" whatever that is suppose to mean.

5 Arrested For Alleged Attack On High School Student In Germantown « CBS Philly

Viral Video Showing Philadelphia Teen's Mistaken Identity Beating Leads to Arrests | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Old 06-28-2015, 10:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
That is in your school. It doesn't mean that all Blacks are like that. Some of us high achievers don't accept anything but the best from ourselves.

Me and my few friends where always called nerds and made fun of and bullied because we were different by White kids. Now I look back and see that is part of growing up.

Focus your energy on making a difference and making sure you are a good teacher. Black bullying is not any different from White bullying. Coming to a board like citydata will only feed into racists stereo types that does any good.
You were a nerd growing up? I wish I was only I was too worried about hanging out with friends to be a nerd. The education I missed out on is a shame.

When kids bully a kid, regardless of color because they make good grades it shows the idiocy. The kid also needs to just get through it, most likely he will have the last laugh.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,657,461 times
My Wife is a bleeding heart liberal. She could have her own show on CNN stirring up hipster kiddies-lol
But, being in education as a teacher and administrator, she will begrudgingly lament that education is summarily dismissed by a lot of black students because its another way of conforming to desires of whitie. I know I will be called a racist for suggesting this, but it is a real phenomenon.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:05 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
It's natural for blacks of the inner city "hood rat" culture to attack a black kid that works hard and tries to get ahead. The reason is simple really. A black boy growing into a successful, black man and getting away from the "hood rat" culture of our inner cities throws a real wrench in the gears of the "white oppression/white privilege/I'm a helpless victim/bubbutbutslavery" of some of the worst of the black race. Thankfully they are a fairly small minority of blacks, most are as hard working and successful as any other race. But that doesn't play well with those that spend their lives being "professional victims". Or those that make a living by exploiting them.

This isn't just a black thing, happens with other races too. Losers like excuses, it's easier to blame others than accept responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies