Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't think they choose either, nobody chooses to have a mental disorder.
Really Dude, it is not a mental disorder, there is no proof that it is and any time you say it it is just your conjecture. But maybe it makes you feel superior to gay people, so, what ever floats your boat. But I think it is rude and immature.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Really Dude, it is not a mental disorder, there is no proof that it is and any time you say it it is just your conjecture. But maybe it makes you feel superior to gay people, so, what ever floats your boat. But I think it is rude and immature.
I'd like to just throw this out: so what if it's a mental disorder? It's not always a bad thing. ADHD is a mental disorder, and frankly, I don't see the problem with that. They don't handle the 'routine' well, but who says that's a bad thing. They have unlimited energy and are animated people.

My view has always been the same on this. Even if it's a disorder or choice (which it's certainly not a choice), who cares? They hurt no one by being gay except the ego of people who think they're better than everyone else.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:59 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
To be fair I think theirs a spectrum....call it a whole rainbow as it were....of levels. Ranging from "meh I'd try that" to "Both work" to "the opposite sex does nothing for me.". Which to me indicates that more then one gene is involved.

And thats what makes the conversation difficult. Some people CAN choose. But I don't think its a majority. And forcing people to make a choice is wrong. Let them choose what they will. Dont force your preferences on them, and I promise, they wont force you to gay marry.
I agree, actually.

It's not so easy for me. I've dated both women and men. I must be the only guy in history who dated girls I never had sex with. Sure, we made out and did things, but I was never able to do much else. All the girls I dated pretty much came to accept that I was never going to go all the way with them.

I've known gay guys that have done it all the way with women. I always say good for them and I admire that. If religious people think they can pray the gay out of me and the straight into me, I say go for it. I'm all ears. Just know that I tried for years. Not once was I able to do it. Most of the time, the women couldn't even get me up, and trust me they tried everything. At one point, I tried a 3-some with 2 attractive women. Still nothing. I've done things that most (straight) men can only dream about.

It's kinda ridiculous that there are still people out there who think I should either "try" to be straight or live a life of celibacy. They honest to goodness want me to be alone for the rest of my life. What kind of one human being can say to another human being to be alone forever?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
I go back to my premise:

Sexual Attraction is genetic

I would say there are more bi-sexuals in the world than homosexuals.
Is there a "heterosexual" gene? How many heterosexuals wake up one day attracted to the same sex?
Conversely how many "homosexuals" wake one day attracted to the opposite sex?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM

169 posts, read 154,733 times
Default Homosexuality has no genetic cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't buy it.

My family has quite a few gays and my son is gay. There is something genetic in my fathers side of the family.

I could see the Gay traits in my son at an early age.
I agree with you 100% but if there isn't such a thing then it has to be the immunizations. I truly do not believe that people choose to be gay. It's a part of their make up.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:22 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I just call it what it is.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Z16 View Post
I agree with you 100% but if there isn't such a thing then it has to be the immunizations. I truly do not believe that people choose to be gay. It's a part of their make up.
Immunizations are a recent thing, only in the past 100 plus years. Homosexuality has existed way back in to history and beyond.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:08 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Plus~Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.

Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | Daily Stormer
Is it not possible that being gay can happen through choice, nurture, and/or nature.

Just because you can find some examples of nurture, doesn't mean nature is impossible.

Also, it could be possible that some in that study were repressing their feelings due to society pressures.

Just saying.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
No one is born gay. We are born with a capability to become homosexual, if they are led into it.. if they believe it , or if they entertain it. If one is opened to something they make a choice to do it.

We all have the capability to smoke, or be an adulterer or fornicator, molester , thief, liar, etc. but if we exercise self control and good judgement with a strong moral compass many snares of wrong behavior will have no effect when traveling the path of life.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No one is born gay. We are born with a capability to become homosexual, if they are led into it.. if they believe it , or if they entertain it. If one is opened to something they make a choice to do it.

We all have the capability to smoke, or be an adulterer or fornicator, molester , thief, liar, etc. but if we exercise self control and good judgement with a strong moral compass many snares of wrong behavior will have no effect when traveling the path of life.

Really? Because I have to tell you that I knew at a very young age that I was attracted to the opposite sex. My son who is now 12. Same thing. We go to the store, and I always catching him looking at women, or commenting "hey dad she looks pretty good."

And... even if they aren't born that way, it isn't up to you or anyone else to decide how to live their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies