Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump on the need to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
I agree that we need to build a wall. 121 79.08%
I disagree that we need to build a wall. 32 20.92%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,147,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
At massive cost per mile....

Seriously, a wall is unworkable, and the idea is foolish. E-verify would work!
Put the illegals that are in jail to build the wall. Teach them a lesson not to do anything illegal. If they escape , they won't come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Yes, and that is the ONLY thing I agree with Trump on. We are being overrun.

Don

Old 07-14-2015, 05:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Donald Trump said that we have to build a wall between Mexico and the United States.

Quoting Donald Trump:

“People are pouring across our borders, which is horrible,” Trump said. “We have to build a wall. Who would — look, I build some of the greatest buildings in the world. Building a wall for me is easy. And it would be a wall. It would be a real wall. Not a wall that people walk over.”

[Like Trump, I would definitely build a truly secure wall, too. It's absurd that we have let millions and millions of illegal aliens simply cross over from Mexico into the United States without undergoing any background check or doing any vetting on them whatsoever.]
Nothing new. The notable person to advocate a wall was Pat Buchanan.

http://archive.adl.org/special_repor...migration.html

With that said, what's wrong with the fences along the border now? Has Trump seen these fences? Just keep building/extending that fence.

[barriers don't have to be solid to be effective]

Old 07-14-2015, 05:10 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Exclamation Trump and the Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Put the illegals that are in jail to build the wall. Teach them a lesson not to do anything illegal. If they escape , they won't come back.
The truth is most of the barrier is up, but we need to bridge the gap of use more tech. to watch those difficult areas and or high traffic.

The Big problem as I expressed with several Sheriffs Departments, is we need all law enforcement from the city to the State and the Federal Level. The Courts have made decisions that protect Illegals, not Citizens.

We as a country will have to break a few eggs to make this Omelet.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Going back 35 years to attempt to defend your failed leader, eh? Too funny.
Well if you are going to rag on 1 president, then at least admit your heroes did nothing also. Is that so hard?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM

884 posts, read 716,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Worked in Berlin didnt it?
Yep

Old 07-14-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The truth is most of the barrier is up, but we need to bridge the gap of use more tech. to watch those difficult areas and or high traffic.

The Big problem as I expressed with several Sheriffs Departments, is we need all law enforcement from the city to the State and the Federal Level. The Courts have made decisions that protect Illegals, not Citizens.

We as a country will have to break a few eggs to make this Omelet.

Love it!!

Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 PM

People have suggested deporting them and others come back with the usual "to much money never gonna happen take to long" blah blah

I realize it wasn't millions but our most despicable president ever didn't seem to have much trouble moving hundreds of thousands THIS WAY last year now did he. POTUS take out the TU: now your talking

Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well if you are going to rag on 1 president, then at least admit your heroes did nothing also. Is that so hard?
Ill be the first to admit it. Last good Republican President was Mr. Regan. I do believe though, if we had a wimp for President after 911 we would have been in a lot worse shape. Our current great one can't even run a kool-aid stand, let alone fake tough.

Come to think of it our current President can run a Kool-Aid stand. Cuz millions are drinking it daily....

Old 07-14-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
May have something there! Might be enough as I just read today that of the 75,486 prisoners in the United States 36% are illegal aliens. That is just sick beyond comprehension.

ps: the 76,486 is ONLY federal prisons in sure with the local and or state jails we could muster up many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies