Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump on the need to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
I agree that we need to build a wall. 121 79.08%
I disagree that we need to build a wall. 32 20.92%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Hasn't the plan of going after those who hire illegals been around for decades. It doesn't work, nor do any of the other plans that count on cooperation from groups that want illegals here or LEA's catching them.

A wall, fence, moat with gators, are better.
It doesn't work because it is barely enforced and the punishment isn't that stiff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:20 AM

23 posts, read 15,202 times
Building a wall between Mexico and The United States, might deter some of the illegal immigration problem, but it wont stop it completely. You want to end the Illegal immigraion debate once and for all, then start by removing the incentives for it. All these illegal immigrants are coming for one thing only, and thats economy prosperity. Until any candidate proposes to go after the business that hire them, and start punishing them, until they end birthright citizenship. Until I see candidates start addressing this problem, instead of pandering to their nativist base, as nothing more than shallow talking, to get their racist base into a feeding frenzy against people different from them. As nothing more than to get votes to keep the status quo.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:45 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
At massive cost per mile....

Seriously, a wall is unworkable, and the idea is foolish. E-verify would work!
You and I actually agree. We need to get to the root of the problem, why are there jobs for undocumented people? Why aren't the tax evading employers being arrested and prosecuted for hiring them?

Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Worked in Berlin didnt it?
I would prefer our own US canal, sort of like the panama canal. ranging from the pacific to the gulf of mexico.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:50 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,897,485 times
Recent news stories suggest that some Mexicans are pretty good at tunneling under large fixed objects.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Recent news stories suggest that some Mexicans are pretty good at tunneling under large fixed objects.

try doing that underneath a 800 feet deep 1 mile wide canal zone.

I do not have a problem with people coming into the USA legally, but not illegally.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:09 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,936 times
The Op has one post, and that's it. This is a troll thread.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Isn't the better question this: What is OBAMA going to do about it? You know, the guy you voted into office?
The same thing that the guy you voted for twice, Bush Jr, did in his 8 years. The same thing Reagan, who I am sure you voted for twice again, did in his 8 years. Absoutely nothing.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The same thing that the guy you voted for twice, Bush Jr, did in his 8 years. The same thing Reagan, who I am sure you voted for twice again, did in his 8 years. Absoutely nothing.
The Dems reneged on Reagan and didn't hold up their end by securing the border. Oh look, they doing that AGAIN!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Well this one would be to keep Criminal Element out of this Country, since I have been told from friends born in Mexico and now legal Citizens. How easy it is for criminals to come to this Country. They know it, they have told us but hate it.

Anything to keep the Fudgers out of this Country, to begin with, if they are illegally here, they already broke the law. We do not need the added expense of people coming to this Country, without intentions of becoming a legal citizen. The expense ought to be spent on Americans. Who need medical care, or are down on their luck.

Please tell me what other Country would be so generous, towards illegal invaders as we are! Or I should say, not as stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies