Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 AM

755 posts, read 677,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
God us evil white males, you know, the species that created

The U.S. Constitution
Democracy
Republic
Geography
Telescope
Microscope
Automobile
Television
Electricity
Aircrafts
Computers
The Piano
Electric Engineering
Telephone
Theory of Evolution
The Wormhole
First one's in Space
First one's on the Moon
Banks/Banking
The theory of Natural Selection
Theatre
Pencil
The Jet Engine
The discovery of DNA
The discovery of the Atom
The discovery of Cells
The Camera

and basketball.

Yeah, us evil white men...we've contributed so little to the history of mankind.
When I talk about white males, I am talking about Western Europeans, not Mediterranean Greeks and the Muslims.

Don't you know most everything you listed was not created by the white male and the ones that were were based off of previous work by Muslims who saved a significant amount of intelligence from the Greeks? I don't want to even go into the Chinese.

You definitely failed History my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,102,065 times
Quote:
the Chattanooga case argues my point more than yours, so I don't know what you're on
In what world? Your argument is that the media doesn't report if somebody is a minority but does if they are white. And yet we knew immediately after the TN shooting that he was Middle Eastern.

Now we find out as soon as there are enought witnesses that this guy is white. U mad?

Last edited by Grsz11; 07-25-2015 at 08:13 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 08:20 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,791,567 times
Quote:
Am I the only one whose blood is flat boiling over this recent shooting and the description of the shooter's race being front, point center?

**** you MSM!

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...white+male%22+

We all KNOW if it had been a Muslim, or black man, or for that matter almost any "person of color" the MSM would NEVER have made that a focal point about their propaganda, now don't we?

Furthermore, the fact that there were only two fatalities? How many multiple fatality shooting are there every week in Chicago...by a "person of color"?

This just pisses me off.
I wonder if anyone will tell some of those people.... uhm, you do realize "your white" lol

Old 07-25-2015, 08:48 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,777,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
So much better than the 24/7 hateful rantings of CNN/MSNBC.
"I know you are but what am I"

Check out the Knoxville shooter's 'manifesto'. His specific motive is to "kill liberals", and his reasons are nearly word for word what you'll hear DAILY on AM hate radio:

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/021009church-manifesto.pdf

I challenge you to show us anything even REMOTELY equivalent coming from CNN/MSNBC. And when you CAN'T find anything even remotely equivalent- please reconsider your lie.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:01 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,525,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Once again.......something tragic happens and the discussion breaks down into which party to blame. It's really pretty sad.
No kidding! Casual observers wonder: What is wrong with that country when they hate on each other so much? Didn't they learn anything from killing probably 3/4 of a million of each other in the 1860's?

"By combing through newly digitized census data from the 19th century, J. David Hacker, a demographic historian from Binghamton University in New York, has recalculated the death toll and increased it by more than 20 percent — to 750,000."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sc...mate.html?_r=0

Now instead of north and south, it's right and left...... Gump's mom had a saying......

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-26-2015 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 07-25-2015, 09:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,331,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
"I know you are but what am I"

Check out the Knoxville shooter's 'manifesto'. His specific motive is to "kill liberals", and his reasons are nearly word for word what you'll hear DAILY on AM hate radio:

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/021009church-manifesto.pdf

I challenge you to show us anything even REMOTELY equivalent coming from CNN/MSNBC. And when you CAN'T find anything even remotely equivalent- please reconsider your lie.
Thanks for posting that link. He was one sick puppy but unfortunately his ranting against liberals, democrats and the media aren't much different than we read here on C-D every day. And you are 100% correct about the right wing radio and FOX news (and their fans) needing to take a hard look at the part they play in giving the crazies a playbook for focusing their sick and erroneous reasons to hate.

ETA: I have a relative who talks and posts on Facebook exactly like this shooter wrote in his manifesto. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do the same thing. He blames everyone but himself for his own bad choices.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-25-2015 at 09:24 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,988,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
You mean that Libya were John "Aint no war I dont like" McCain and several other GOPers actually wanted even more involvement in and even took photo ops with ISIS soldiers?
McCain is a neocon (aka leftist Repub., aka Rockefeller Repub.). Neoconservatism is "neo-" (i.e., 'new-,' 'improved-,' 'lefty anodyne-') for a reason: it is, on record, Trotskyism brought by Bill Kristol's father, Irving Kristol, into the U.S. via Mexico City in the 1950s.

Like with your other post, you prove neocons and the progressive left are indistinguishable from one another.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:39 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,028,254 times
These theaters are going to have to start providing better security measures. I mean you have all these people in a dark room lined up like ducks, staring at a screen. It's the perfect place for these types go on shooting sprees. Maybe it will take a few lawsuits to motivate the theater chains. But they're going to have to start screening people for weapons like they do at the airport, ball games, night clubs, even some inner-city schools. Can you imagine if they took out the metal detectors at the airports? Would you want to ride on that plane?

They'll be more shootings in the near future. The idea is planted in more minds. The minds of sick men that feel they need to cleanse society of it's immorality by killing young girls at theaters. I guess civil war II isn't happening soon enough for them and they get frustrated.

Last edited by New Horizons; 07-25-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,065,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thanks for posting that link. He was one sick puppy but unfortunately his ranting against liberals, democrats and the media aren't much different than we read here on C-D every day. And you are 100% correct about the right wing radio and FOX news (and their fans) needing to take a hard look at the part they play in giving the crazies a playbook for focusing their sick and erroneous reasons to hate.

ETA: I have a relative who talks and posts on Facebook exactly like this shooter wrote in his manifesto. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do the same thing. He blames everyone but himself for his own bad choices.
Just like has been mentioned, leftists/progressives have been waiting years for this so that they can pounce on it in the blame game of entire groups that they depise. Never mind that the guy had been involuntarily committed before.

Yep, one event and they pounce and blame. Yet countless events directly related to radical Islam, for example, and they always deflect. The double standard is amazing.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
These theaters are going to have to start providing better security measures. I mean you have all these people in a dark room lined up like ducks, staring at a screen. It's the perfect place for these types go on shooting sprees. Maybe it will take a few lawsuits to motivate the theater chains. But they're going to have to start screening people for weapons like they do at the airport, ball games, night clubs, even some inner-city schools. Can you imagine if they took out the metal detectors at the airports? Would you want to ride on that plane?

They'll be more shootings in the near future. The idea is planted in more minds. The minds of sick men that feel they need to cleanse society of it's immorality by killing young girls at theaters. I guess civil war II isn't happening soon enough for them and they get frustrated.
NO!! This is the thinking that brought us the mess at the airports. Millions upon millions go to the movies and never run into a problem bigger than expensive popcorn. These over reactions don't do anyone any good. Would it be better if someone decided to shoot up a bowling alley?

Bad things will on occasion happen. The answer is not to make life for the rest more complicated. People get killed everyday by simply crossing the street. Maybe we should have an armed soldier on every corner to stop traffic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies