Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 08:09 PM

18,422 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why don't people who identify as pro-choice celebrate the choice to have a baby?
we do

Old 08-28-2015, 08:28 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
After reading your link..It's very clear..NO federal funds go towards Abortions..BUT only to research.. Tissue sample could from a whole host of sources....whether from surgery samples ( hospital removals of tissue) or in this case voluntary surrender of fetal tissue....Has NOTHING to do with Abortion funding...Best you all get educated on just Research is all about..It's been going on for decades and beyond USA borders...

If research was banned ( tho was in US for short period)..then none of you could avail themselves with such cancer targeted treatments..unlike decades ago..when it was total body shutdown of immune system which actually disable the body to fight anything.. I also recall when GW Bush stopped ALL Stem Cell Research..But got reversed..because who knows..Cancer may have actually reached into someone's life that either affected his own family or a big donor..Point is..Research got put on hold in USA..So other Countries sprung forward..LOL..USA falls behind..not Good!!

Best you guys either want to move into the 21st Century or go into the woods and live off the land that has been so infected with environment toxins..you can't survive forever ....Human's do have an Expiry Date. Progress seems to be aberrant to those that want to live in the 19th Century.. when Men Ruled/ Women baby factories / and who cares what happens as long as laws don't affect me!! OHHH wait..Hasn't really changed given the rhetoric online and politically..Shame

Sorry..Mis-representing such information by your link as proof of something is typical !! ..IN FACT, it doesn't actually prove anything but your illogical interpretation ( Ignorance of facts) of what words the actually say!

It's actually becoming comical, if not SAD..to think folks listen and swallow such nonsense ( as interpreted by agenda driven ideological pundits)...Maybe try and speak to educated medical folks who may help you bit..and make sure they aren't Politicaly motivated to LIE..May Help you

Just google "Stem Cell Research" treatment for Cancer and just maybe you may find there is not only a need but actually breakthroughs in such treatment.. I scanned a few links..and just knew the information was way way beyond most..soundbite links just isn't possible for many!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 08-28-2015 at 08:41 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 08:41 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why don't people who identify as pro-choice celebrate the choice to have a baby?
They do. I do have a problem with women having baby after baby they can't afford though....because guess who pays for them.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
After reading your link..It's very clear..NO federal funds go towards Abortions..BUT only to research.. Tissue sample could from a whole host of sources....whether from surgery samples ( hospital removals of tissue) or in this case voluntary surrender of fetal tissue....Has NOTHING to do with Abortion funding...Best you all get educated on just Research is all about..It's been going on for decades and beyond USA borders...

If research was banned ( tho was in US for short period)..then none of you could avail themselves with such cancer targeted treatments..unlike decades ago..when it was total body shutdown of immune system which actually disable the body to fight anything.. I also recall when GW Bush stopped ALL Stem Cell Research..But got reversed..because who knows..Cancer may have actually reached into someone's life that either affected his own family or a big donor..Point is..Research got put on hold in USA..So other Countries sprung forward..LOL..USA falls behind..not Good!!

Best you guys either want to move into the 21st Century or go into the woods and live off the land that has been so infected with environment toxins..you can't survive forever ....Human's do have an Expiry Date. Progress seems to be aberrant to those that want to live in the 19th Century.. when Men Ruled/ Women baby factories / and who cares what happens as long as laws don't affect me!! OHHH wait..Hasn't really changed given the rhetoric online and politically..Shame

Sorry..Mis-representing such information by your link as proof of something is typical !! ..IN FACT, it doesn't actually prove anything but your illogical interpretation ( Ignorance of facts) of what words the actually say!

It's actually becoming comical, if not SAD..to think folks listen and swallow such nonsense ( as interpreted by agenda driven ideological pundits)...Maybe try and speak to educated medical folks who may help you bit..and make sure they aren't Politicaly motivated to LIE..May Help you

Just google "Stem Cell Research" treatment for Cancer and just maybe you may find there is not only a need but actually breakthroughs in such treatment.. I scanned a few links..and just knew the information was way way beyond most..soundbite links just isn't possible for many!!
Table 1, page 4
Quote:
Planned Parenthood Federation of America

A national nonprofit organization, it provides support services to more then 60 affiliates that are separately incorporated and independent organizations with their own boards of directors and operate as independent organizations with financial autonomy. These affiliates operate more than 700 health centers across the country, providing reproductive health care, including routine exams and screenings, contraception, abortion services, and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
Where do you get stem cell, 'anything' out of my post?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
God Bless Planned Parenthood, they provide critical services to women and have been doing so for decades. Make no mistake, Republicans real motive for attacking PP is the same motive they have for "Voter I.D." laws, and that is to disenfranchise low income minorities and women, plain and simple.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:17 AM

884 posts, read 716,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a woman has autonomy over her own body that does not make her a hypocrite. just because you don't like her choice does not make her a hypocrite.

when you grow a uterus perhaps then you can volunteer to incubate and raise the fetus of a woman who is unwilling to continue her pregnancy.

just because a uterus can take a pregnancy to term doesn't mean a woman has to. her life and none of your business.
Lets just keep it simple for you. 1) If she aborts at 30-36 weeks I believe that is murder. I can post a zillion links to prove that baby is alive then. 2) If I the taxpayer is helping pay for it, dam right its my business. And don't forget it either..

Old 08-29-2015, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
God Bless Planned Parenthood, they provide critical services to women and have been doing so for decades. Make no mistake, Republicans real motive for attacking PP is the same motive they have for "Voter I.D." laws, and that is to disenfranchise low income minorities and women, plain and simple.
If I didn't see 6708 posts from you on here Id say you are trolling. Wrapping everyone up in a nice neat box slapping an or so capricious label on the other party. Only, to change our label to fit the news of the week , or hell even the day. Hmm, ok. Let me return the ever so gracious host. First off, for someone who is so worried about the minorities of our country take a look at your poor picture. Yeah, there's a white boy who looks like he worries about the poor. Uh, huh. I believe I will put you in the box of say: HYPOCRITE.

Let me ask you cowboy, when is the last time you helped any homeless people. I don't think you gonna find many at the address of that picture. Oh, your hobbies are weightlifting and nutrition. Standing there with a beer and a bit of a belly. Yep hypocrite is the box for your ilk......

Show some class, and get to know someone before you throw them in your liberal box so you can feel all snug and safe at night.... Cowboy.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you don't get a choice where your tax dollars go. besides your tax dollars do not pay for abortions. how about all the innocent civilians women and children our wars kill every year. you pro life for them too? care that your tax dollars kills these children?
No sheet. You don't think I know that. I would love to have a choice where my tax dollars go. So do millions of Americans. Try and stay on topic too. When you have something viable to debate then we talk again ok. My goodness. Hey, did you hear about the kids all getting diabetes because of their diets.
Oh, wait, that's another topic. Gezz I just pulled a hothulamaui.. Get a clue o educated one....

Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
After reading your link..It's very clear..NO federal funds go towards Abortions..BUT only to research..
I didn't read the link, but doesn't Medicaid fund abortions ? Federal and state taxpayer $$$.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I didn't read the link, but doesn't Medicaid fund abortions ? Federal and state taxpayer $$$.
From (link) GAO document
"March 20, 2015
In order to achieve their programmatic goals, federal agencies obligate funding to various
entities through programs such as the Title X Family Planning Program (Title X Program) and
the Health Center Program.
1 These entities may, in turn, expend federal funding for a range of
activities, including providing health services and conducting research.
2 Among these entities are federally qualified health centers (FQHC), which provide health services to low - income
individuals as part of the nation’s safety net. These entities also include organizations engaged
in health - related activities, such as six that we reported on in 2010: Advocates for Youth,
Guttmacher Institute, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Planned Parenthood
Federation of America
, Population Council, and the Sexuality Information and Education Council
of the United States.
3 Funding for an organization’s expenditures can come directly from a federal agency or indirectly; that is, the funding is passed through a nonfederal entity. For example, a federal agency can award funding to a state, which in turn passes that funding on to an organization."
_______
Page 4, Table 1
"Planned Parenthood Federation of America

A national nonprofit organization, it provides support services to more then 60 affiliates that are separately incorporated and independent organizations with their own boards of directors and operate as independent organizations with financial autonomy. These affiliates operate more than 700 health centers across the country, providing reproductive health care, including routine exams and screenings, contraception, abortion services, and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections."

_______
And then in answer to your question, which I am sorry, but people not informed today, don't want to be.

"In most states, Medicaid covers abortions only when the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest or if the woman's life is endangered because federal law limits the use of federal funds to these circumstances. However, 17 states do go beyond this limit and use state funds to cover other abortions." Health Reform FAQs | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

______

For all the posts in this thread that said, tax dollars do not pay for abortions, the GAO documents dispute those posters and confirm, tax payers are funding abortions. However, it is like what I have always said, once the wage earners pays their taxes through the fed, the money is then property of the U.S. Government and they can do with it as they damn well please. Is the tax payer's voice heard? Is the subject of another debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies