Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 08:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Really? What reality are we blinded to?

Yeah, one of the most fundamental human rights.
Quote:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
  • Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person
A fetus is not a person. It is a fetus - a potential person - and has no rights to "life, liberty, and security" until it becomes an actual person.

An egg is a potential chicken. If the egg is cracked, there is no chicken.
A caterpillar is a potential butterfly. If the caterpillar is squashed, there is no butterfly.
An acorn is a potential tree. If a squirrel eats the acorn, there is no tree.
A tadpole is a potential frog/toad. If the tadpole is removed from water, there is no frog/toad.
A fetus is a potential person. If a pregnancy is terminated, there is not and never was a person.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Last edited by ray1945; 08-23-2015 at 08:32 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 08:57 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,620,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ah yes, I think you have linked this one before or Janelle has, as I have read it. I have a hard time believing these stories with no real dates no full names or names of the hospitals. just generalizations. as I said this wouldn't hold up to a first year public defenders cross exam. as written it is all hearsay.
No real dates, no full names, however, this hearsay people will believe.

So now what?

Sanctity of Human Life

"Did you know that 44 percent of all American women will have an abortion at some point during their lifetime? More than a million American women will have an abortion this year, but hardly any of them talk about it. Why is that?"

Old 08-23-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I would agree that the story could be real if it was more factual than a she said kind of thing. do abuses happen, yes I am sure they could but until a real whistleblower comes out, is willing to put real names, real places of business in the story it is subject to scrutiny. this one doesn't hold up.
Meet Abby Johnson.

"I regret selling abortions at Planned Parenthood." A message from Abby Johnson ...

Quote:
"Every day of my life I think about the women I took from. I took away their motherhood, I devalued them, I broke their confidence, I betrayed them. How I wish I could look into every one of their faces and tell them how sorry I am. ... I wish I could be there to wipe their tears when they mourn for their lost child. To know that you committed a terrible wrong that you can’t make right is one of the most desperate feelings in the world.

"And as desperate as I feel, I can’t make those wishes come true. But I do my best everyday to make it up to those women and their children. I failed them once, but I won’t do it again.
I know they haven’t forgotten their children, and I haven’t either."

Old 08-23-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A fetus is not a person. It is a fetus - a potential person - and has no rights to "life, liberty, and security" until it becomes an actual person.

An egg is a potential chicken. If the egg is cracked, there is no chicken.
A caterpillar is a potential butterfly. If the caterpillar is squashed, there is no butterfly.
An acorn is a potential tree. If a squirrel eats the acorn, there is no tree.
A tadpole is a potential frog/toad. If the tadpole is removed from water, there is no frog/toad.
A fetus is a potential person. If a pregnancy is terminated, there is not and never was a person.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,881,729 times
I will say this again. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is only the concern of the woman. It is NOT your concern or mine. I strongly suggest you mind your own concerns.

As the latest outrage is over providing fetal tissue for medical research I prefer that, with the possibility of life saving medications, to just incinerating the mess.

If you highly concerned anti-abortion people want to do something useful try adopting the unwanted and usually poor children that may result if abortions are not available. I guess that is not an option because caring for a child might interfere with your participation in your righteous attention getting cause.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:23 AM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
No real dates, no full names, however, this hearsay people will believe.

So now what?

Sanctity of Human Life

"Did you know that 44 percent of all American women will have an abortion at some point during their lifetime? More than a million American women will have an abortion this year, but hardly any of them talk about it. Why is that?"
they don't talk about it because it is none of your business. people don't talk about private, personal business to the world at large, if they do talk about it the talk to their family, their priest or pastor, their friends. you want them on tv talking about it?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:25 AM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Meet Abby Johnson.

"I regret selling abortions at Planned Parenthood." A message from Abby Johnson ...
this story is supposedly about a woman who regrets how she feels about abortion, not about how the women she helped to have abortions. lots of people find abortion unappealing. that is no surprise. is the story real? don't know, but at least from the quote you posted it has a ring of truth from someone who is against abortion.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times
Quote:
this story is supposedly about a woman who regrets how she feels about abortion, not about how the women she helped to have abortions. lots of people find abortion unappealing. that is no surprise. is the story real? don't know, but at least from the quote you posted it has a ring of truth from someone who is against abortion.
Here's a link to a another PP registered nurse's reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromos...ed_parenthood/
Is her story and the stories related by those who responded to her post real? Don't know, but their stories are as credible, if not more so, than those of a virulent anti-abortion site.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,311,376 times
Yeah, Live Action News. That's an unbiased source for sure .

Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,725,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

If you highly concerned anti-abortion people want to do something useful try adopting the unwanted and usually poor children that may result if abortions are not available. I guess that is not an option because caring for a child might interfere with your participation in your righteous attention getting cause.
So it boils down to choosing to terminate the life rather than support it. That's quite an un-noble choice.

Pro-choicers are always pro-abortion. If "pro-choice" is a term that makes you feel broad-minded and good about your position, then you are in denial. I don't think I've ever heard a pro-choicer say that a woman should CHOOSE LIFE. They take a stand that is for the death of what they call a fetus, not for life for the fetus. The fetus (which they refuse to acknowledge is a baby) is, after all, alive until the abortionist rips it apart or pierces its skull to cause -- what was that? -- to cause termination of life also known as DEATH.

If you ever wonder why pro-lifers (who are always FOR life) refer to pro-choice as pro-death, there you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies