Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 09:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So abortion was a better option?
not my life, not my call. I know they regretted giving up their children for adoption. it has haunted them all their lives. choice is not easy no matter which it is unless the pregnancy is wanted.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 PM

641 posts, read 240,565 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding your point but are you saying you regret giving the child up for adoption or having the child?
I regret that my parents wouldn't help me to keep my son. I do not regret having him, although at 15, the trauma of this pregnancy and all the "embarrassment" it caused my parents was not helpful in making it a "happy or healthy pregnancy.

I think, because I have heard and unfortunately witnessed some horror stories that adoptees have had (cruelness, beatings, the neglect, etc...) I could only imagine my son going through the same. I always hoped not, and cling to the better stories, but a mother's imagination can go wild when it comes to her child. I was fortunate enough to spend time w/him at the hospital before I signed him over. Those precious days solidified my maternal feelings. This was over 40 years ago, and I still have pangs of worry that he was not loved the way I would have loved him. Perhaps it would have been different if I'd never held him.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Abortion is a medieval solution to the modern day breakdown of morals and the family. In 100 years people will be disgusted that this went on and the government supported it.
You mean everyone needs to wake up and realize many millions of federal tax dollars are going to Planned Parenthood to provide abortions and anyone who says that isn't so is wrong and should hand their head in shame?

Old 07-31-2015, 06:09 PM

Federal taxes can't be used for abortion unless for the rape, incest or health of mother. " Title X funds may not be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning." Medicaid funding is restricted by the Hyde Amendment to only abortion cases involving rape, incest or endangerment to the life of the mother."yearshttp://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/

Old 07-31-2015, 06:40 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Abortion is a medieval solution to the modern day breakdown of morals and the family. In 100 years people will be disgusted that this went on and the government supported it.
Don't hold your breath on that one.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Do you apply this standard to those who have lifestyles that lead them towards diabetes, obesity, cancer and heart disease? Would you deny them care or would you care for them, educate them to the best of your professional ability, and hope that they will make the changes that prevent their need for our continued help.

Yes, we are responsible for our actions. Rape and child sex resulting in pregnancy are times that responsibility is out of a girl's/woman's hands.
What in Gods name are you talking about?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Very true. As a previous 15 year old who got pregnant and forced to give my son up for adoption I can tell you that I constantly worried he was being abused or neglected, even tho' the nuns assured me all their families were wonderful. But, the not knowing still weighs heavily on me. The child I miscarried later in life, I feel in my heart, was returned to Love.
Would you have preferred your child have been killed in your womb?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:33 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
most women have abortions in the first trimester. it is hardly a "child". yes lots of women prefer abortion to adoption. it is their choice.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
What in Gods name are you talking about?
My response was to this part of your quote "When you don't take responsibility for your actions, you force that responsibility onto another citizen....one who more than likely had nothing to do with your actions."

Old 07-31-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Of course not. I am just telling you that giving a child up for adoption does not guarantee that the child is being raised by kind and loving people. If the child had been aborted, I have no doubts that his soul would return to the Creator/Love. People always say "it was the best for the child" to be born and given away. But no one really knows...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies