Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 07:22 PM

641 posts, read 240,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The government exists to protect our rights.

We have the right to life.

Case closed...in a sane world anyway.
The Constitution's protections of privacy as a fundamental right regarding abortion was decided in 1973. The government exists to uphold our Constitutional rights.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
riding a motorcycle and pregnancy can not be compared to one another. asking a 15 year old to remain pregnant then give her child up for adoption just to "be a better person" is not a guarantee. usually just aging makes people better and wiser. a 15 year old going through pregnancy because her and her beau got carried away one night is more like child abuse IMO
Very true. As a previous 15 year old who got pregnant and forced to give my son up for adoption I can tell you that I constantly worried he was being abused or neglected, even tho' the nuns assured me all their families were wonderful. But, the not knowing still weighs heavily on me. The child I miscarried later in life, I feel in my heart, was returned to Love.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Religious Cons rail about sex outside of marriage but when sperm fertilizes egg the resulting embryo is no longer a "product of a sinful act" but instead a "creation of God."

Furthermore, they demand that the fetus be brought to term and be born but would deny the woman's right to have insurance to pay for the birth of the child if the insurance companies deemed her unfit to be insured.

Therefore, if the baby dies in childbirth due to complications at birth or the mother miscarries due to inadequate prenatal care, well, them's the breaks.

The Cons will counter with the available private charities. Many of whom are unwilling to provide the mother with the contraceptives that could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place.
It boils down to this.......YOU are responsible for YOUR actions. Just because I don't support abortion doesn't mean that I would prevent you from having one. Furthermore, it's not society's responsibility to take care of yours.

When you don't take responsibility for your actions, you force that responsibility onto another citizen....one who more than likely had nothing to do with your actions.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM

884 posts, read 716,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
You need to understand why abortions occur, there is no one reason. Once you educate yourself with all the facts of why abortions are done, then you may have a change of heart. My training in nursing allowed me the opportunity to learn maternity medicine. I see text books at used bookstores, but I am sure there are reputable medical sites on-line that teach the facts w/o anyones personal/biased feelings, "Just the facts, Ma'am".
Now you know that was a general blanket attempting to state there may be some medical reason for an abortion. If so, shame on you. Albeit, PIH, a bad Placentia Previa, even had to assist an abortion on 35 week old as the mother wasn't responding to diuretics thus she went into constant CHF presented to ED with sats of 58% and 24yrs old.

But when you say "You need to understand why abortions occur, then lead the reader to educate him or herself with medical books. Followed up by "Just the facts Ma'am?"
Practice what you preach....Are you kidding, and you are an RN? Oh maternity medicine? Maternity means the newborn is alive.....................ie: pregnancy through birth...

Old 07-30-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Now you know that was a general blanket attempting to state there may be some medical reason for an abortion. If so, shame on you. Albeit, PIH, a bad Placentia Previa, even had to assist an abortion on 35 week old as the mother wasn't responding to diuretics thus she went into constant CHF presented to ED with sats of 58% and 24yrs old.

But when you say "You need to understand why abortions occur, then lead the reader to educate him or herself with medical books. Followed up by "Just the facts Ma'am?"
Practice what you preach....Are you kidding, and you are an RN? Oh maternity medicine? Maternity means the newborn is alive.....................ie: pregnancy through birth...
Maternity medicine is about the mother and her pregnancy, and whatever stage that pregnancy may be in. All I am suggesting is that emotion, biased thinking and not being informed may make the one against something feel good about spouting their ideals, but these ideals are not based on facts. Where would you suggest one get unbiased medical facts? I have seen the links to several non reputable sources by the pro-life writers, I do not provide sites to check, as I have learned that many do not trust any site outside of their comfort zones. I am simply suggesting that fairly recent medical literature would better inform as to the causes that may result in a woman seeking an abortion. It is vital that all pregnancies ending in abortion are not lumped into happy, healthy ones that the mother deemed she simply didn't want. The stories are varied and often heart wrenching.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It boils down to this.......YOU are responsible for YOUR actions. Just because I don't support abortion doesn't mean that I would prevent you from having one. Furthermore, it's not society's responsibility to take care of yours.

When you don't take responsibility for your actions, you force that responsibility onto another citizen....one who more than likely had nothing to do with your actions.
Do you apply this standard to those who have lifestyles that lead them towards diabetes, obesity, cancer and heart disease? Would you deny them care or would you care for them, educate them to the best of your professional ability, and hope that they will make the changes that prevent their need for our continued help.

Yes, we are responsible for our actions. Rape and child sex resulting in pregnancy are times that responsibility is out of a girl's/woman's hands.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All your money says "in God we Trust"
So apparently there is room for God in government policy.
Oh please, you're reaching.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:13 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Very true. As a previous 15 year old who got pregnant and forced to give my son up for adoption I can tell you that I constantly worried he was being abused or neglected, even tho' the nuns assured me all their families were wonderful. But, the not knowing still weighs heavily on me. The child I miscarried later in life, I feel in my heart, was returned to Love.
Maybe I'm not understanding your point but are you saying you regret giving the child up for adoption or having the child?

Old 07-30-2015, 03:51 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding your point but are you saying you regret giving the child up for adoption or having the child?

I know several women who gave up their kids for adoption and each one of them regrets doing so.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I know several women who gave up their kids for adoption and each one of them regrets doing so.
So abortion was a better option?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies