Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 04:52 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Actually you're wrong. All the woman has to say is no. And if he doesn't take no for an answer she can have him arrested and charged with rape and destroy his life. I would say that's a lot of power.

it takes two, responsible sex is not just on the woman.

It's her body as liberals are fond of saying..if she says "yes" there is no reason that another human being, a miracle from God has to pay for that mistake with his/her life.

for some pregnancy is a miracle from god for others it is just nature and biology working.

What happened to you live with your mistakes? why should you have to live with your mistakes. learn from them yes, but one night of sex should not be paid for by 18 years of responsibility if that isn't your choice.

Am I happy about forcing a 15 year old girl who made a bad choice to have a baby? Of course not, I don't even like to think about that. Just like I don't like to think about her getting on the back of a motorcycle with a boy 3 years older than her. There are many problems in life without simple, clean solutions.

If she has the child, gives it up for adoption she comes out of it a much better person than if she takes the easy way out.
riding a motorcycle and pregnancy can not be compared to one another. asking a 15 year old to remain pregnant then give her child up for adoption just to "be a better person" is not a guarantee. usually just aging makes people better and wiser. a 15 year old going through pregnancy because her and her beau got carried away one night is more like child abuse IMO

Old 07-29-2015, 05:15 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I think we should sterilize any one who decides to half an abortion. I they are that irresponsible or stupid they will surely have more. It's a package deal. Get an abortion you get sterlized. Pretty simple solution.
I would totally do that for myself. You'll pay for the surgery, right?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:23 PM

884 posts, read 716,654 times
Quote:
I wonder if these abortion Docs do blood letting and voodoo on the side? What kind of a person would sign up for something like this? They must be the absolute worst of the lot of Med students.
I really think the organs are the prize here. I also suspect the public will learn more and with our current admin-stration not a dam thing will be done about it.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:24 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
What a cop out.
No, it's simply the truth. Your religious beliefs are better resigned to your personal home and don't need to infect government policy .

Old 07-29-2015, 05:46 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, it's simply the truth. Your religious beliefs are better resigned to your personal home and don't need to infect government policy .
All your money says "in God we Trust"
So apparently there is room for God in government policy.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 PM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Religious Cons rail about sex outside of marriage but when sperm fertilizes egg the resulting embryo is no longer a "product of a sinful act" but instead a "creation of God."

Furthermore, they demand that the fetus be brought to term and be born but would deny the woman's right to have insurance to pay for the birth of the child if the insurance companies deemed her unfit to be insured.

Therefore, if the baby dies in childbirth due to complications at birth or the mother miscarries due to inadequate prenatal care, well, them's the breaks.

The Cons will counter with the available private charities. Many of whom are unwilling to provide the mother with the contraceptives that could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:45 PM

641 posts, read 240,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I think we should sterilize any one who decides to half an abortion. I they are that irresponsible or stupid they will surely have more. It's a package deal. Get an abortion you get sterlized. Pretty simple solution.
You need to understand why abortions occur, there is no one reason. Once you educate yourself with all the facts of why abortions are done, then you may have a change of heart. My training in nursing allowed me the opportunity to learn maternity medicine. I see text books at used bookstores, but I am sure there are reputable medical sites on-line that teach the facts w/o anyones personal/biased feelings, "Just the facts, Ma'am".

Old 07-29-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Women have all the power in the world to end abortion. They can do it by not spreading their legs, unless they want to have a baby.
Tell that to the one raped.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is exactly the issue that came up in the courts last year in Texas regarding the closing of clinics, the state did not feel that a 200 mile trip was a hardship.

Supreme Court blocks Texas from enforcing law that would close most abortion facilities | Dallas Morning News
Those making these laws/changes can afford any hardships that a 200 mile trip causes, they are oblivious to the low and middle incomers.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I have to admit, this latest revelation has finally crossed the line for me and I can no longer even try to defend Planned Parenthood. This isn't about women's healthcare. This is about them making more money. Encouraging a young women to have an abortion and then privately estimating the profit margin for selling the organs and body parts of the fetus is simply evil. It just is.

Anti-abortion group releases third Planned Parenthood video - CNNPolitics.com
I hope you condemn all medical/pharmaceutical businesses because believe me big bucks far outweigh ethics for some. Medicine has become a big business. I personally do not believe PPH is in this camp, but perhaps there are some who are not there for the good of the patient.

I assume you would also tell the people who want to donate their body parts upon death that they are contributing to evil. If a viable organ from a fetus would save another fetus, why is that evil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies