Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If true, that's why unless all of her divorces were for exceptional reasons (her husbands were physically abusing her or having sex with other women), she's not going to get much sympathy.
Supposedly her fourth marriage was to her second husband. Unless she is really dumb, she wouldn't go back to an abuser.

Quote:
Why do leftists almost always generalize the negative to all Christians, but defend against generalizations with radical Islam? The double standard is amazing...
I have been called the l-word but I doubt defend Islam at all, especially radicalized Islam. I don't know why people think liberals defend radicalized Islam

Old 09-06-2015, 09:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
I believe there is nothing in the bible prohibiting gay marriage but there is plenty about the sin of divorce.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:42 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have been called the l-word but I doubt defend Islam at all, especially radicalized Islam. I don't know why people think liberals defend radicalized Islam
The point the poster was making was Liberals defend Islam, recognizing the radical elements don't represent all Muslims. That same consideration doesn't extend to Christians more often than not.

I agree with that poster. And for Liberal to deny that is disingenuous.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:47 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Muhammad murdered anyone who did not agree with him and was a pedophile. So, what does anyone like about Islam?

Old 09-06-2015, 09:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The point the poster was making was Liberals defend Islam, recognizing the radical elements don't represent all Muslims. That same consideration doesn't extend to Christians more often than not.

I agree with that poster. And for Liberal to deny that is disingenuous.
The truth hurts. The we can do it but you can't crowd. Too many on both sides do it. Reason, logic, and honesty hold no place in their homes.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is no difference. If your religion interferes with your job, either quit your job or change your religion. In the US, we have freedom to not work in a job that violates our conscience.
Change your religion. You really don't believe in anything do you. No reason to change things right, just run. I'm glad the founders didn't have your quitter mentality.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The truth hurts. The we can do it but you can't crowd. Too many on both sides do it. Reason, logic, and honesty hold no place in their homes.
I think this is the liberal stance: If your love feels like hate then it is not love. If you are using God to denigrate and humiliate then it is not God.

No, Kim Davis Is Not Martin Luther King, Jr.*|*Paul Brandeis Raushenbush

Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
No one is denying her "rights" to believe whatever things she wants.

She just needs to step aside from a job that requires her to do legal things against her beliefs.

There is no clause in your job contract that says "I will take a full paycheck but only do the parts of the job that I decide that I like and agree with." You do the WHOLE job your employer requires of you, or you go find another job..

What's so hard about that?

Old 09-06-2015, 09:55 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Change your religion. You really don't believe in anything do you. No reason to change things right, just run. I'm glad the founders didn't have your quitter mentality.
I think many of us believe that you and Kim Davis hate gays and wish to re-legislate a Supreme Court ruling that you don't like, because you enjoy systematically denigrating certain types of people different than you. I'm sure your forefathers felt similarly when they had to tolerate those blacks on the same bus.

You don't have to change your religion; you just have to change your job. Why do you think your employer is required to keep you on board if your beliefs preclude you from doing the job you were paid to do?

And you can't re-legislate this. It is done and you may not like it but you WILL live by it... or find another country.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
The 'Word of God' says the clerk should be stoned for adultery. Are you going to 'speak out and stand firm' for that?
It's amazing how Christians will completely blow past these kinds of comments and pretend they don't see them, because they don't fall among the the cherry-picked "laws of God" they choose to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies