Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 AM

14,188 posts, read 22,771,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Are those on the far left worried?
Of course not. They're modern-day Trojans, and they're proud of their big new prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
For every step society takes to the right, three are taken to the left. Why? Right-wing conservatism is almost never on the right side of history. It is the Washington Generals of ideologies.

It's pretty laughable reading posts from white nationalists who still think their race war is going to happen, even as they slip further and further from mainstream society! The race war actually occurred ages ago...and they lost. Multi-culturalism is here to stay. Get the hell over it.

Race war is alive and well and your well-spoken and clean idiot infesting the WH is continually stoking that fire.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Yet the free market seeks the cheapest labor and lowest responsibility for pollution in all sorts of other countries, so we have no problem with globalized production.

We also have instant communication globally now. I just don't understand how long people think separate nations will remain in any practical way.

Keep in mind, also, this forum is sadly populated by right-wing white supremacists and separatists, so they are not talking sensible national borders. They truly want to keep old cultural boundaries firmly in place - white people use this fountsinx black people use that fountain type of stuff.

That's why there are so many threads pointing out the horrors of war refugees and such coming into other countries but they never start threads about the profound economic benefits immigrants provide in terms of developing new products, going to top schools, etc...

They don't want mixing so ignore the complexities and focus just on the negatives because that serves their radical agenda.
Oh right, this forum is populated by right-wing white supremacists and separatists. Translation by the liberals and ethnocentrics = dare to want to retain our nation's identifying culture and language (has nothing to do with race) by objecting to illegal immigration while embracing legal immigration is controlled and diversified numbers. Allowing in refugees within reasonable numbers also. You must own a different dictionary than I do.

Your own racism against whites comes shining through in your post. I have nothing against blacks. They are as American as I am and I want them to be treated as such. Same goes for our citizens of any race. Assimilate and embrace our country and our laws and I have no problem with you. Sick of these constant attacks on white Americans. Most of them are not racists no matter what you and your ilk say.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
By supporting the far-right. Just because supporting far-right groups has now become seen as being more acceptable to do doesn't suddenly make them not far-right anymore.
No, they aren't supporting the "far right". It's that moderates are feeling a lot less sympathy for the far-left than they used to. True not just in Europe, but here as well.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,716,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh right, this forum is populated by right-wing white supremacists and separatists. Translation by the liberals and ethnocentrics = dare to want to retain our nation's identifying culture and language (has nothing to do with race) by objecting to illegal immigration while embracing legal immigration is controlled and diversified numbers. Allowing in refugees within reasonable numbers also. You must own a different dictionary than I do.

Your own racism against whites comes shining through in your post. I have nothing against blacks. They are as American as I am and I want them to be treated as such. Same goes for our citizens of any race. Assimilate and embrace our country and our laws and I have no problem with you. Sick of these constant attacks on white Americans. Most of them are not racists no matter what you and your ilk say.
I'm sorry, but the title and OP of this thread explicitly call multiculturalists like you out. Bringing in sensible, diverse, productive legal immigrants is multiculturalism.

It has nothing to do with illegal immigration, which I don't support either.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
I have to wonder what other crimes the far left think should just be ignored or even condoned. How about rape? I mean, it's not really a big deal, just sex, right? Not a crime, but rather undocumented love. And if a woman chooses not to have sex with some, but does with others, doesn't that make her a bigot? Heck, lets follow leftist logic. I happen to find Halle Berry a very attractive woman. So if she turns me (a fat ol' white guy) down, that makes her not just a bigot, but a racist as well, right? I should just be able to take her, because...well, because that's just what the left proposes. No consent required.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder what other crimes the far left think should just be ignored or even condoned. How about rape? I mean, it's not really a big deal, just sex, right? Not a crime, but rather undocumented love. And if a woman chooses not to have sex with some, but does with others, doesn't that make her a bigot? Heck, lets follow leftist logic. I happen to find Halle Berry a very attractive woman. So if she turns me (a fat ol' white guy) down, that makes her not just a bigot, but a racist as well, right? I should just be able to take her, because...well, because that's just what the left proposes. No consent required.
Um... huh?

Old 09-03-2015, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,001,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Why is this so hard to understand? I mean, doesn't it fall under the old premise of "when in Rome do as the Romans do?" If you or I move to another country, should we expect them to change for us? No! It would behoove us to learn a bit about their culture, learn their language in an attempt to assimilate. Something that people USED to do when they came here for a better life.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why is this so hard to understand? I mean, doesn't it fall under the old premise of "when in Rome do as the Romans do?" If you or I move to another country, should we expect them to change for us? No! It would behoove us to learn a bit about their culture, learn their language in an attempt to assimilate. Something that people USED to do when they came here for a better life.
Not actually. People used to come here and isolate themselves in ethnic neighborhoods of their own kind. That's why so many cities have China towns, Greek towns, Pol Towns, etc... You can still see this in the Hasidc Jewish community of New York, as one example.

Many of the first generation remained isolated and never learned another language. It's the second generation that tends to assimilate more.

And some hated the newcomers back then just as much - scared they brought crime, disease, weren't real Americans, etc... It's just the nature of xenophobia.

That's not an endorsement of violent radicals being let loose in any new country, but we need to understand the process historically to know what is normal and what really is a threat.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,615 times
Here's a nice short video explaining the future of the USA. You'll notice that we need immigration to support our society. As someone who lives in a city where the White population is under 30% and a region where it is not much higher I can tell you it is no big deal. We are all Americans or here trying to make a better life for ourselves and our families. The most xenophobic are usually the ones that live in the least diverse communities. I find reading these posts rather amusing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTYZGM8e0g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies