Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 05:27 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Pick me up a case of 69 gr 5.56 and 300 rounds of 69 VMax would ya? Pay ya back next Tuesday lol
The 5.56 was a little high, well really high and not worth buying...Did not see the Vmax.....

Plenty of 7.62x39 at descent prices and even the 5.54x39 as descent....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 05:29 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well a firearm has saved me from harm at least two times.
Furthermore, if you want examples of weekly real life accounts, read this link where some are documented;

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

/Thread based on a false premise in OP.
Sorry, not here on CD...LOL....

Old 09-12-2015, 05:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Maybe it's already been said, but, why don't those who don't like guns just not own one? Why force your views/ beliefs on those who prefer to have a gun? Like the old saying goes. "You don't need insurance until you do."
I like to shoot and honestly don't feel the need to carry, so I don't carry. I know plenty who do. It's their choice.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:35 PM

226 posts, read 267,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
violence get violence. fools dont get it. unfortunately, too many fools in this country mistakenly believes in owning gun to get false sense of protection. it usually ends up in self prophecy of tragedy.
What do you call violence? The lady who talked about her experience in the parking lot being followed by 3 aggressive males wasn't violence, it was the prevention of violence which happened because she had a weapon and because as ignorant as the thugs were that followed her they were able to comprehend guns, bullets and holes in the human body made by bullets fired by a gun so they left. VIOLENCE PREVENTED.

You people are so stupid. You have your beady little small minds made up and you won't believe the truth until YOU are confronted with it. Whatcha gonna do if someone assaults you, breaks into your house and they have a knife to slit your throat with. You gonna say violence begets violence or STUPIDITY begets DEATH.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:44 PM

226 posts, read 267,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Would you have preferred my story ended with me being a crime statistic? Beaten and robbed in the parking lot?
Obviously that would be preferable to controlling small-minded people. They can't stand the idea you might be able to protect yourself. They can't tolerate the idea that we do have a right to CHOOSE to protect ourselves just like they have the right to choose to be victims.

They aren't very open-minded, they wanna decide for everybody. Unfortunately the fraud in the White House wants to take away your right to protect yourself too. What a hypocrite he is - with his Secret Service Detail 24/7 easy for him to talk.

He doesn't care about anyone but himself - that's why schools are attractive targets for those on a killing spree - they are guaranteed no one there will be able to protect themselves. I would think the president would want better for the citizens paying his undeserved salary but then he's a narcissist so like I said he cares about no one.

I, for one, am glad you did not become a DOA statistic. Good for you.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:25 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Fine. If you're the type of person to prefers to stand your ground, it's a free country.

But that is a different argument than "Guns make it safer for me than other options."
Regardless of the situation, I would rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

If you don't want one, fine, that's your choice.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:26 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
I dont know, I put a gun on a table and asked it to protect me. It did not - it just lay there.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:54 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I dont know, I put a gun on a table and asked it to protect me. It did not - it just lay there.
Damn things never seem to perform on their own unless liberals are around, right?

How come all of these "stolen" guns don't stop the burglaries they're taken in? According to liberal logic, a gun in the house should kill anyone who enters. Sounds like the perfect security system to me.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:07 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I watched the video again and the study was compelling but it was flawed.

When the gunman came in he had an agenda to kill the instructor then went straight for the person he knew had only gun in the class.

In a real world situation a rampaging murdered wouldn't know who had a gun and who didn't.
The smart thing to do would be to get down, get your gun ready and wait until the attacker stopped shooting to reload then get up and stop him from shooting again.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:02 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Damn things never seem to perform on their own unless liberals are around, right?

How come all of these "stolen" guns don't stop the burglaries they're taken in? According to liberal logic, a gun in the house should kill anyone who enters. Sounds like the perfect security system to me.
What about all the guns stolen from government agencies? Shouldn't they be capable of halting the act of being stolen, then arrest and prosecute the ones trying to steal them? They are government guns, after all. Where's their sense of duty? Surely, they know they only belong in the hands of LE, or the military. Ahh, but criminals wouldn't use a weapon stolen from a government agency. Out of THEIR sense of civic duty, they only use stolen civilian guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies