Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 07:28 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,260,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
It's really a no win situation....no matter what the verdict, five will get you ten, there still will be riots.
Kind of crazy to burn / riot your own town. Hopefully the State Police will not tolerate such action.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:46 AM

932 posts, read 901,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Judge told them to try again to get unanimous verdict
Isn't that kind of unethical so to say. Your forcing people who already came up with a decision to make another decision

If the jury came back with guilty verdict a judge wont say go back and try again

Old 12-16-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
It's really a no win situation....no matter what the verdict, five will get you ten, there still will be riots.
No not at all!. baltimore want the black officers to get off not guilty. If black officer is not guilty no riots, now if the white officers get off people will be angry but there wont be any riots

I dont know why people think there will be riots. There wasn't riots before and there wont be any after

Old 12-16-2015, 09:51 AM

23,773 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Jury just buzzed the court room. May not be long now.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:17 AM

251 posts, read 642,046 times
They wanted a witness transcript but judge denied it. Said it's not evidence.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Isn't that kind of unethical so to say. Your forcing people who already came up with a decision to make another decision

If the jury came back with guilty verdict a judge wont say go back and try again
The judge isn't forcing them to reach a verdict. It's the normal procedure with a deadlocked jury - try again. If the jury remains deadlocked then it will be a mistrial and it can be tried again.

Quote:
No not at all!. baltimore want the black officers to get off not guilty. If black officer is not guilty no riots, now if the white officers get off people will be angry but there wont be any riots
It doesn't matter to the people in Baltimore if the officers are black or white. A cop is a cop is a cop.

Quote:
I dont know why people think there will be riots. There wasn't riots before and there wont be any after

No riots? So .. last April they didn't loot from the stores, they just borrowed things from the stores? They didn't set fires to structures and vehicles to burn them down but to toast the hot dogs and marshmallows that they'd borrowed? They didn't throw rocks/bricks/etc. at the cops to try to harm them, they were trying to play catch with them?

In Baltimore last April (just several pics of the riot that you claim wasn't)..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
They wanted a witness transcript but judge denied it. Said it's not evidence.
ofcourse

Old 12-16-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The judge isn't forcing them to reach a verdict. It's the normal procedure with a deadlocked jury - try again. If the jury remains deadlocked then it will be a mistrial and it can be tried again.

It doesn't matter to the people in Baltimore if the officers are black or white. A cop is a cop is a cop.

No riots? So .. last April they didn't loot from the stores, they just borrowed things from the stores? They didn't set fires to structures and vehicles to burn them down but to toast the hot dogs and marshmallows that they'd borrowed? They didn't throw rocks/bricks/etc. at the cops to try to harm them, they were trying to play catch with them?

In Baltimore last April (just several pics of the riot that you claim wasn't)..

Who is "they" ?? Are you referring to blacks, I hope not because it was whites there as well just like in ferguson. And I see no riots in you rpictures. 1 burned police car and 1 person acting like he is going to throw a stone. Not a riot

Old 12-16-2015, 10:49 AM

251 posts, read 642,046 times
Omg did you not see the burned stores, looted liquor stores, guys cutting fire hoses? Of course there were major riots and there will be again.

I read it's 6 and 6. All race related sides being taken. One black was on defense side from what I saw on Twitter. They're not gonna get a unanimous vote. Also, this judge is being ridiculous I think. Seems very hard to work with. I may be wrong but just what I see.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Who is "they" ?? Are you referring to blacks, I hope not because it was whites there as well just like in ferguson. And I see no riots in you rpictures. 1 burned police car and 1 person acting like he is going to throw a stone. Not a riot
Did you not see where I said in my post "the people of Baltimore"? Of course there were people of different race and ethnicities involved.

I posted just several pictures, feel free to Google - Baltimore riots Freddie Gray pictures - yourself to look at other pictures of that "not a riot".

That "not a riot" cost Baltimore an estimated $9 million in damages (a lot of money for a riot that you claim never happened)..
Baltimore Riots Cost Estimated $9 Million In Damages

Last edited by berdee; 12-16-2015 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies