Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:52 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Every world power has fallen in world history and the reason for their eventual and inevitable fall is simple: they existed in the first place.

The United States will fall one day as a world and regional power, and so will Israel, China, Russia, and so on. Ask England, France, Portugal, Spain, Japan, or Turkey about it. They'll tell you firsthand how downfalls come about.

So please...stick your chest back in.
Turks are still in Turkey, even after having fallen. Same with the Chinese, Russians, Japanese, Iberians, French, English. All are still in their homeland. The Diaspora is when Israel "fell". Now, the Jews are back in Israel (obviously not all of them), only this time, they're the dominant regional power and the only one in that part of the world with a nuclear arsenal. Israel is here to stay. So you can keep it up with your leftist wishful-thinking that Jews are slaughtered and that ISIS or Al-Qaeda instead occupies that land, but it won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
There was never in the whole history a country with nuclear power that was occupied by outside enemies.
Nuclear bombs make wars more destructive...they don't make wars any less inevitable. We're humans, and as such, we will have wars and those wars will continue to be fought over resources and irredentism. Nukes do not change the nature of mankind. And as our population keeps exploding and resources become even more scant, there will be wars on a scale of brutality that you can't even imagine.

All powerful nations fall. They over extend themselves, they bankrupt themselves, they become decadent and full of hubris. But as I said before, the main reason they fall is because they exist, and no nation can maintain regional or world superpower status in infinite perpetuity. It's impossible. Nothing in this world has ever gone out of its nature...and what I'm postulating here is mankind's natural state.

What goes up must come down. Nations aren't excluded from that principle.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Turks are still in Turkey, even after having fallen. Same with the Chinese, Russians, Japanese, Iberians, French, English. All are still in their homeland. The Diaspora is when Israel "fell". Now, the Jews are back in Israel (obviously not all of them), only this time, they're the dominant regional power and the only one in that part of the world with a nuclear arsenal. Israel is here to stay. So you can keep it up with your leftist wishful-thinking that Jews are slaughtered and that ISIS or Al-Qaeda instead occupies that land, but it won't happen.
All nations are here to stay...until they aren't.

ISIS or Al Qaeda? LMAO...calm down dude. You're being silly.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:11 PM

You're the one being silly with incessant Israel bashing. Obviously Israel isn't perfect---no country is---but it's clearly better than any of the nations of the region (or even South and Central Asia, if you want to expand that far) in terms of human rights, infrastructure, etc.

As for your argument of "overextending themselves", that may be true of superpowers past and present. But Israel isn't a superpower, it's just the strongest of countries in a hellhole region, in which most of those nations don't even have relations with it. Israel doesn't extend itself anywhere beyond its borders except when it bombs nuclear reactors in Iraq & Syria that pose a threat to its existence, or carrying out assassinations/bombing raids against enemy governments and terrorists. That isn't overextending. Overextending is when the USSR invades Afghanistan, or when the USA invades Vietnam. There's no comparison, so your example is false.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You're the one being silly with incessant Israel bashing. Obviously Israel isn't perfect---no country is---but it's clearly better than any of the nations of the region (or even South and Central Asia, if you want to expand that far) in terms of human rights, infrastructure, etc.

As for your argument of "overextending themselves", that may be true of superpowers past and present. But Israel isn't a superpower, it's just the strongest of countries in a hellhole region, in which most of those nations don't even have relations with it. Israel doesn't extend itself anywhere beyond its borders except when it bombs nuclear reactors in Iraq & Syria that pose a threat to its existence, or carrying out assassinations/bombing raids against enemy governments and terrorists. That isn't overextending. Overextending is when the USSR invades Afghanistan, or when the USA invades Vietnam. There's no comparison, so your example is false.
Where did I bash Israel? Show me.

(Watch this)

Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM

On numerous forums.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Save the Khazarian's.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:36 PM

The Khazar theory has been disproved many times.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
On numerous forums.
Give an example.

(Again...watch this)

Old 10-13-2015, 07:03 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Where did I bash Israel? Show me.

(Watch this)
Too easy.

Quote:
Why would I be jealous of a podunk nation in some godforsaken desert in the Middle East that begs the rest of the world to recognize its legitimacy? Last I checked, no one has ever fired a rocket onto my backyard, and my "right to exist" (whatever the hell that means) is basically unchallenged. My nation doesn't approach Israel...hat in hand, asking for 3 billion dollars per year.
Israel doesn't beg anyone for anything. They made a deal with the US years ago and they're both sticking to it.

Hat in hand? That's not criticism? Honestly your disdain for Israel is obvious and vile.

Quote:
I said that the United States SHOULDN'T have a permanent ally in Israel.
Quote:
Israel is a "friend?" Of whom exactly?
Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies