Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:38 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I watched the video.

The billy club was unneeded in the situation...unless the cop is a sissy.

Let's see, hitting a kid in the face with a billy club "prevents further injury". Except then they had to throw him on the ground. So you're wrong.

And as a police officer, you don't know how to handle a kid.
I am not wrong. You have zero idea how this PO was trained. You have no idea why he had his club out. The kid grabbed his club. What would you like at this point? Again they took him to the ground. He refused to follow orders. What did they do to him on the ground? Did they punch and kick him? Or did they handcuff him. While I may not have handled the situation the same way it does not mean that these cops were wrong. So you are wrong! You know tons for a person that was never a cop.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:52 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
What BS.. I didnt see any baton strikes by the officer ...but please do show me... because I didnt see them in the video I watched... is there another?
what I saw was a struggle over his baton and the kid got whacked... because he as pulling on it.. you see the officer back off.. pickup his bodycam and put it back on...radio for backup.. while keeping the crowd at bay.. if anything he showed good restraint

the kid then goes for the sympathy route..

Even when overwhelming force is there he still isnt complaint... give me a break...

Dont fight.. dont resist.. dont escalate

Just because some of you THINK that minor laws shouldnt be enforced doesnt mean they SHOULDNT be,, traffic safety laws such as jaywalking have strong reasons why they should be enforced... like keeping idiots from getting hit

Old 09-18-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I watched the video.

Let's see, hitting a kid in the face with a billy club "prevents further injury". Except then they had to throw him on the ground. So you're wrong.

I watched the video again because I wanted to make sure I was correct in my assessment. 100% he was grabbing the cops night stick. He also pushed the PO. He was also told numerous times to stop resisting. If you watch the video he was taken to the ground by 4 PO's. He was handcuffed by three cops. So when he was resisting and they were going to arrest him what position would you like his body? 100% he would be going to the ground. If you are a police officer and someone has a hold of your night stick what would you do? No matter what they did you would find fault!!

Old 09-18-2015, 10:56 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
I watched the video.

Go to mens central jail in Los Angeles... go to the juvenile module.. watch the 80 or so hardcore murderers..robbers,, rapists,, all under 18..
and then tell me if you could handle some of them....

Old 09-18-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Go to mens central jail in Los Angeles... go to the juvenile module.. watch the 80 or so hardcore murderers..robbers,, rapists,, all under 18..
He was a principal. He is an expert on police procedures!!!!! LOL

Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
...dont escalate...
How about the police not escalating? How about using some of those "talking people down" skills the police are supposed to have been trained in. Of course, it's much more fun to rough people up.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
...No matter what they did you would find fault!!
And virtually no matter what they did you would NOT find fault. Because virtually all of your posts defend the police.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I have no doubt you're right. But this kid did not appear to be a "hardcore murderer", robber, or rapist.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
And virtually no matter what they did you would NOT find fault. Because virtually all of your posts defend the police.
He was told 5 times to stop resisting arrest and he was told 4 times to get on the ground before the other officers arrived and took him to the ground. He had every opportunity to listen but he made the decision that he was going to do what he wanted. So no I don't find that the PO's were wrong!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:24 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Isn't resisting arrest against the law?

I would assume, if I were a cop, that if someone is resisting arrest then they have something to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies