Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 PM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
My neighbor's house just got broken into. They stole some jewelry, cash and his 5 guns. The police said that his NRA sticker on his truck is what probably enticed them to break in - to steal his guns. They rang the doorbell and when no-one answered they broke in. Simple.
15 years ago, my home was broken into, and I have most valuables stolen, except for my guns. If I was home, I would have used my guns if I had the opportunity. They wanted to fence jewels quick.... You get caught with a stolen weapon or if you scratch the serial number off, that could carry heavy jail time... Oh wait, we don't keep criminals in jail too long in this country.

But, yeah a gun never comes in handy in this country (especially in the inner cities where third world dwellers roam the streets like savages)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUKDv85DSY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 10:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
How do you determine that I "like being a subject", "live in the UK", and don't understand the revolutionary war?

I am intrigued.. Maybe you get all your information from your ass?

nope, but it sure looks like you did pull your info out of yours.

you always talk about the low gun murder rate in the UK. but considering that firearms are very hard to actually buy for the legal owner, one would expect that there would be zero gun murders at all. instead there is a firearm murder rate. how many of those firearm murders are amongst legal firearm owners, I would bet very few. something else, how firearm violence is reported in the UK is different than it is reported in the USA.

by the way, how is the violent crime rate going in the UK?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:28 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That's in fact false. Mexico, Haiti, and Guatemala all have gun rights included in their constitutions.
This is from the Consulate General of the United States for Mexico:

Guns are Illegal in Mexico | Tijuana, Mexico - Consulate General of the United States

Don’t bring firearms or ammunition across the border into Mexico.

Don’t carry a knife, even a small pocketknife, on your person in Mexico.

You may become one of dozens of U.S. Citizens who are arrested each month for unintentionally violating Mexico’s strict weapons laws.
If you are caught with firearms or ammunition in Mexico...
  • You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
  • You will be separated from your family, friends, and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
  • You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
  • You may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.
If you carry a knife on your person in Mexico, even a pocketknife . . .
  • You may be arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon;
  • You may spend weeks in jail waiting for trial, and tens of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, court costs, and fines;
  • If convicted, you may be sentenced to up to five years in a Mexican prison.
Claiming not to know about the law will not get you leniency from a police officer or the judicial system. Leave your firearms, ammunition, and knives at home. Don’t bring them into Mexico.

Mexico's Constitution about the "right" to bear arms is misleading.....By the 1960'w, fear of the growing anti-government sentiment and the growing number of citizens arming themselves, prompted the government to modify Article 10 of the Constitution and to enact the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives. And so begun a systematic disarmament of the population by limiting gun ownership to small-caliber handguns, heavily restricting the right to carry outside the home, and ending a cultural attachment to firearms by shutting down gun stores , outlawing the private sales of firearms , closing down public shooting facilities , and putting in control the federal government of all firearm-related matters.

does that sounds like a country with the right to bear arms? honestly!......don't get me started on Guatemala and Haiti.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:30 PM

but I guess the DRUG CARTELS and gangs are the only ones that doesn't need to obey Mexico's strict gun laws for their citizens.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:41 PM

This is Mexico's misleading "right" to bear arms in their constitution:

Quote:
Article 10: The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have the right keep to arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with the exception of those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard. Federal law will determine the cases, conditions, requirements, and places in which the carrying of arms will be authorized to the inhabitants.
LMAO!!!! basically the Mexican Government says you have a right keep arms only in your home with the exception for the guns the federal laws prohibits which is a LOOOOOOONG list.
.......it says FEDERAL LAW surpasses their constitution.....how weak is that!

How misleading is that?.......if the U.S. congress tries to pass that amendment in our
constitution we will have a revolution in the streets......lol

honestly, the Mexican government should re-word article 10 and it should say:

Quote:
The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have the right keep to arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with the exception of those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard AND DRUG CARTELS and Criminals.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:06 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
How do you determine that I "like being a subject", "live in the UK", and don't understand the revolutionary war?

I am intrigued.. Maybe you get all your information from your ass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
since you like being a subject, since you live in the UK, why not understand why we the people of the USA kicked the UK out of our country and became free, and not subjects of the crown, like you currently are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
nope, but it sure looks like you did pull your info out of yours.

you always talk about the low gun murder rate in the UK. but considering that firearms are very hard to actually buy for the legal owner, one would expect that there would be zero gun murders at all. instead there is a firearm murder rate. how many of those firearm murders are amongst legal firearm owners, I would bet very few. something else, how firearm violence is reported in the UK is different than it is reported in the USA.

by the way, how is the violent crime rate going in the UK?

Excellent response to my direct questions asking you to justify your assumptions

There are gun murders in the UK for sure - they just happen at about once for every 2,000 shootings here

Old 10-07-2015, 07:40 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Actually, if I came at you with a gun and the intention of killing you, you would be dead before you even knew you were in harms way.. That is the unfortunate reality vs. the fantasy.
Well, if you can sneak past perimeter alarms and
the dog and get the drop on me, well then you win.
(I'm also a light sleeper.)

Old 10-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

these liberals are funny people.........of course nobody is going to be 100% safe......but the odds are in your favor if you have a weapon to protect yourself. This is about odds.

I have security alarms and cameras in my house, it doesn't mean I'm 100% burglary safe.....it means whoever wants to break in my house and rob me or do other harm will have to work a lot harder to bypass the system if they know what they are doing or make them think twice about breaking in my house due to the alarm system and that could buy me more time and is all about the odds.

Protection is about odds it doesn't mean you are 100% safe, nothing is 100% safe in this life.....not even if you live next door to a Police Station.

Unless a PROFESSIONAL HITMAN with a riffle has a contract on you then there are things that can protect your home and your family that will increase your odds on safety.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
these liberals are funny people.........of course nobody is going to be 100% safe......but the odds are in your favor if you have a weapon to protect yourself. This is about odds.

I have security alarms and cameras in my house, it doesn't mean I'm 100% burglary safe.....it means whoever wants to break in my house and rob me or do other harm will have to work a lot harder to bypass the system if they know what they are doing or make them think twice about breaking in my house due to the alarm system and that could buy me more time and is all about the odds.

Protection is about odds it doesn't mean you are 100% safe, nothing is 100% safe in this life.....not even if you live next door to a Police Station.

Unless a PROFESSIONAL HITMAN with a riffle has a contract on you then there are things that can protect your home and your family that will increase your odds on safety.

Actually, the odds are against you if you have a weapon at home. You don't know this?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

Perimeter alarms and a dog are probably far more of a deterrent than a gun. Just sayin..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies