Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 12:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
"I did not conduct most of the business that I did on behalf of our country on e-mail"
You say that like it's a bad thing. Personally, I'm glad to hear it, and I would agree with Ms. Clinton that that's a good policy.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well all I can say is, thank you for provide Sec. Clinton with hours of free campaign time, and a taste of what a Clinton-Trump debate is going to sound like and the only folks who aren't going to able to tell who is a competent leader and who are guided by their emotions and not their brain.

As for the issue of "adequate" security... what is adequate security? You put five on a security detail, the opposition brings a platoon. You provide a platoon, they come at you with a company. The determination of what is adequate is only revealed after the battle. If you win it was adequate, if you lose it wasn't. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
I guess Amb. Stephens didn't understand that the amount of security necessary is only determined on the ground, because he begged and pleaded for more security for months beforehand. Apparently, he knew what they had was not adequate. And anyone with a brain and eyes to see all those people taking weapons from Qaddaffi's storage facilities unchecked during the fighting knew those terrorists had plenty of powerful weaponry available to them.

The question we will never get an answer to is why Stephens was there on the anniversary of 9/11, and why the protectors with Africom chose that anniversary to be on some training exercise. I think they could have chosen a different time to meet with the Turkish government to arm the Syrian rebels (future ISIS?).

Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Most Americans view this a political theatre.

No different than the witch-hunt of the oil company execs by congress.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
This is going much more in favor of Clinton than I expected.
Why, whether Clinton is right or wrong, the fact is the GOP no longer has the mental heft to take on someone as sharp as Clinton.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Rush Limbaugh
1 hr ·
Basically Hillary Clinton is having to pretend that she cares the about people she left unprotected and undefended at Benghazi. She's having to act today like she really cares that she left Americans unprotected and undefended.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am not able to watch these hearings, due to work, and I am no fan of Hillary Rodham Clinton, but I will say this: in my opinion, if this committee 'strikes out', again, it markedly improves her chances of being (shudder) President.
Yes, Gowdy is coming across as desperate as he tries to refute the latest allegations of a witch hunt and prove all the millions he has squandered have been worth it, even as absolutely zero new evidence has come out yet in the first three hours. Zero. Where is that "breaking new ground" he promised?

Clinton, on the other hand, is handling this interrogation coolly, calmly and with poise and patience. She looks and sounds knowledgeable, competent and--dare I say it--presidential.

She should be thanking Gowdy. She's definitely coming out of this much better than he is. Just like the last time.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Why, whether Clinton is right or wrong, the fact is the GOP no longer has the mental heft to take on someone as sharp as Clinton.
And that is surprising.

They look outmatched for this especially Gowdy.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Gowdy showed email proof that Clinton lied and blamed the Benghazi attack on a video.
SFW!?! Well that's one massive freaking material fact of critical importance to American security and interest! God only knows the bloody Constitution will never recover from such a pitifully insignificant piece of minutia!

Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rush Limbaugh
1 hr ·
Basically Hillary Clinton is having to pretend that she cares the about people she left unprotected and undefended at Benghazi. She's having to act today like she really cares that she left Americans unprotected and undefended.
Yes, she cares. She said she would do everything possible to prosecute those who were responsible for creating the You tube video that the Administration said caused this mess.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And that is surprising.

They look outmatched for this especially Gowdy.
Gowdy's refusal to release the entire Blumenthal transcript in favor of picking and choosing what he wants to reveal was the moment he lost any semblance of credibility he might have still had.

He keeps insisting that he wants the truth out there, but he qualified it in that moment by admitting he really only wants some of the truth out there--the parts that seem to shore up the conclusions he has already made.

I think Gowdy is done for after that exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies