Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 01:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

I gotta admit...I'm beginning to like this Rand Paul fella. At least he tells it straight if nothing else. He's sounding more non interventionist these days (after making a dumb proclamation that an attack on Israel is an attack on the U.S .).

Rand rips GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 01:51 PM

1,676 posts, read 946,250 times
He's irrelevant. Even Lindsey Graham is beating him now in some polls, I just noticed. He is like his dad. Knows he can't win but is trying to give his ideology a voice. In a post-9/11 world, non-interventionalism doesn't work. It sounds nice, but it's unrealistic.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
He's irrelevant. Even Lindsey Graham is beating him now in some polls, I just noticed. He is like his dad. Knows he can't win but is trying to give his ideology a voice. In a post-9/11 world, non-interventionalism doesn't work. It sounds nice, but it's unrealistic.
I'm not talking about his election chances or the election at all.

I'm talking about his ideology ONLY.

And no...non intervention is not unrealistic. Lots of countries do it. Ours is better positioned to do it than those nations are.

This country doesn't have to live out its existence through the prism of 9/11...that incident happened BECAUSE OF our meddling...not in spite of it.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:19 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,689,758 times
Real conservatives are anti-war because they know that it is expensive and a threat to individual liberty. Just imagine how low our taxes could be if we didn't have to pay for this crap all of the time.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
There are only two candidates that might get us out of the wars, Paul and Sanders. Where it comes to properly placing the blame it is only Paul willing to be honest.

That said, Paul blew his best chance when he didn't raise his hand with Trump. How can you call others idiots but then raise your hand that you would support them if they win?

Old 10-14-2015, 02:25 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Real conservatives are anti-war because they know that it is expensive and a threat to individual liberty. Just imagine how low our taxes could be if we didn't have to pay for this crap all of the time.
Agreed. I can't say I'm real impressed with any of the GOP positions right now (with the exception of Paul). But after watching the clown show last night, Republicans do look good in comparison. Only one last night that looked even halfway reasonable was Jim Webb

Old 10-14-2015, 02:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not talking about his election chances or the election at all.

I'm talking about his ideology ONLY.

And no...non intervention is not unrealistic. Lots of countries do it. Ours is better positioned to do it than those nations are.

This country doesn't have to live out its existence through the prism of 9/11...that incident happened BECAUSE OF our meddling...not in spite of it.
Indeed.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:34 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are only two candidates that might get us out of the wars, Paul and Sanders. Where it comes to properly placing the blame it is only Paul willing to be honest.

That said, Paul blew his best chance when he didn't raise his hand with Trump. How can you call others idiots but then raise your hand that you would support them if they win?
What we have here is the classic case of politicians lying lying lying in the primaries and a few honest souls taking a different road.

Ultimately we will wind up with the next president that will have said they oppose domestic spying, offshoring jobs, drone strikes, oil companies and much much more and then they'll flip 180 once the votes are counted. By then most voters are so emotionally invested they'll excuse all of this.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:39 PM

35,087 posts, read 31,339,345 times
I was an early Paul supporter and really like his views on a lot of things. That said, it is obvious his campaign is in its death throes and he's trying to remain in the conversation.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I gotta admit...I'm beginning to like this Rand Paul fella. At least he tells it straight if nothing else. He's sounding more non interventionist these days (after making a dumb proclamation that an attack on Israel is an attack on the U.S .).

Rand rips GOP

WOW! There might be hope for you yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I was an early Paul supporter and really like his views on a lot of things. That said, it is obvious his campaign is in its death throes and he's trying to remain in the conversation.
It's just another trip through memory lane. The RNC will snub him just like his father.

The 130 wealthiest contributors already have Jeb Bush tapped to be nominated. NONE of their money is going to Paul, Carson, or Fiorina.

Watch as the magic happens. None of us want another Bush in office, yet he'll most likely be the candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed. I can't say I'm real impressed with any of the GOP positions right now (with the exception of Paul). But after watching the clown show last night, Republicans do look good in comparison. Only one last night that looked even halfway reasonable was Jim Webb
I thought O'Malley did okay. Sanders and Clinton were only there to show off how well they could pander to a captive audience. Funny how the CNN debate masters regained their class for the Democrats, while were total street buffoons that tried to incite infighting between the Pubs. The left believes it was the Pubs fault for answering their inflammatory lines of questioning.

You can't make this stuff up. The difference between the questioning was so obvious.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-14-2015 at 03:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies