Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

It's sad how many have to make this a black/white issue.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:01 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Agreed. Will take many generations before the mopes are gone,maybe never.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:07 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
corporal punishment is no longer allowed in most schools. parents should be the ones who discipline their children. not cops, nor teachers.

Says you. I take it you are a kid yourself.
I went to school in a state that had corporal punishment then moved north to a blue state where they had none. Guess what school had better behaved students?

Yep, those that saw the paddle. Difference was amazing.

If parents don't/can't discipline their kids to behave in public and then send them to school for teachers to deal with what do you do but discipline them?

If I got a paddling in school the principal called your folks and let them know. Then your parents lit into you. My parents cared.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I personally think there is dysfunction on both ends.

There is no way a student should be allowed to not leave the room when the teacher ask. The parents should be made to come to the school and take control of the situation.

There's no way an officer should even think that he should be able to get away with manhandling anyone like that regardless. There is probably some dysfunction in his background that should've come out in the screening process before he got his badge.

There also seems to be a training issue. The officer didn't use any people skills. He used a low key tone and told her he was going to move her. That shows a training issue.

The abuse of force has become common. Officers with a sense of entitlement and above the law i can do anything becauseof xyz is becoming a huge liability for law enforcement. Better screening, better training and better parenting is needed.
All of this better apply to students as this is because of an errant one. The kid needed all of the above, not the cop. He wouldn't have been there if not for the kid.

Think about it.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Modern day rosa parks.

So the kids not being disruptive or otherwise not being *******s lose two days of getting an education to appease the lowest common demonimator.

Liberal solutions never work.
Sickening, isn't it?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
How on earth did she "fight" him? She was sitting in a chair.

Hopefully, the arrest warrant for this guy goes out this morning. Beyond ridiculous. This is why America constantly gets made fun of. The sad thing is the extreme right wing in this country gives police officers a carte Blanche to commit these acts so long as the subject in question is a "hood rat" in the words of many on here.

The girl was just sitting in a chair. The force was beyond excessive and he's lucky he didn't severely injure her.

He should be fired, prosecuted, and the whole department should be forced to take courses that emphasize diplomatic solutions over barbaric ones. We are a first world country. Those in places like Columbia, South Carolina need to start acting like it.

Why do people such as this kid behave as if they live in a 3rd world country? No father figures?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Says you. I take it you are a kid yourself.
I went to school in a state that had corporal punishment then moved north to a blue state where they had none. Guess what school had better behaved students?

Yep, those that saw the paddle. Difference was amazing.

If parents don't/can't discipline their kids to behave in public and then send them to school for teachers to deal with what do you do but discipline them?

If I got a paddling in school the principal called your folks and let them know. Then your parents lit into you. My parents cared.
lol, far from a kid I am a senior fyi. no one should lay a hand on a kid unless it is the parents, or if the kid is committing a crime. being a smart ass in school is not a crime.

corporal punishment and it's effectiveness is subjective. lot of people still spank their kids. some beat the crap out of them and consider it spanking. violence only teaches violence.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You don't want to convict based on a 15 second clip?

The locals have called in the FBI to investigate.

Ferguson mentality.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It shouldn't be about race, but I get annoyed when people come into these threads and (off-topic) whine about unfair it is certain races get more attention in these types of stories than others (incorrect).

It doesn't matter the race of either individual, the girl was wrong and should've handed her phone over and the cop went too far.

The title of this thread is how the media should present this story, but of course, that won't drive the same ratings and revenue.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:26 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol, far from a kid I am a senior fyi. no one should lay a hand on a kid unless it is the parents, or if the kid is committing a crime. being a smart ass in school is not a crime.

corporal punishment and it's effectiveness is subjective. lot of people still spank their kids. some beat the crap out of them and consider it spanking. violence only teaches violence.
She is going to end up in prison for something someday. 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies