Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times

Advertisements

The cop's behavior was excessive and he should be corrected accordingly.

The efforts by the usual suspects to turn this into a race controversy is truly despicable. These people should be recognized and treated as the racists that they are for trying to do that.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You have to do much better than that and go deeper. People stop at race. We are 2015. Most parts of the US is not filled with hatred for other races. Notice I said most. People can live freely among others so race isn't the issue. However, it has to do with culture and instinct. Because he has a black girl friend most likely means that he is around many black folk which is good. But it doesn't mean that his genetic instinct doesn't play a roll. Just because he can interact with an adult doesn't mean he has the patience for a child of another race. There are so many factors.

But regardless, this has more to do with his actions and his inability to channel his agression. There are ways to conduct an arrest with being so aggressive.

The "she deserved it" crowd is a result of a knee jerk reaction.
VERBAL DE-ESCALATION TECHNIQUES THAT ACTUALLY WORK

Verbal De-Escalation Techniques That Actually Work

Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The fact that this is national news and the girls lawyer is on goodmorning america giving out their sad story show how pathetically weak our society has become.

The incident wouldn't have even happened if she wasn't punching and kicking the officer. Is it really too hard to understand that if you don't want to be handled roughly from police then don't fight them?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The incident wouldn't have even happened if she wasn't punching and kicking the officer. Is it really too hard to understand that if you don't want to be handled roughly from police then don't fight them?
There are many here that never learned the lessons their parents taught them. (supposedly, hopefully, taught them)

Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I guess nobody is keeping up with what happened here. A new video (surprise, of course the first one didn't show you what really happened) shows her throwing a punch and a kick at the cop and flipping her OWN desk.
I certainly won't let you squirrel away from this one

Look at his stance even without pressing play. Is that a grabbing stance? At what point would she be in position to quickly move herself from that corner to the front of the class? At: 028 To :030, how does the child go from one corner of the room to the front of the classroom? No, No, answer the question as I asked.

Secondly, the officer followed her which means that she had to have moved from one end to the other. Did she crawl out of fear? Was she on all fours? How did she cover such distance? Why didn't he conduct the arrest then and there? Why did he need to follow her to the front of the classroom?

You are temporarily and virtually being detained until you can answer me. Oh guess what, there is video footage for your convenience... I am going to have so much fun with you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRxZMMS_21E

Old 10-28-2015, 08:05 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,397 times
I bet she gets out of the chair and leaves the classroom next time a black teacher/administrator tells her too. Otherwise roid rage robby the white wonder cop WILL remove her.

Nah, probably not... this social media frenzy, interviews, and sweet sweet fame is intoxicating. It certainly feels better than actually following the rules and being accountable for her actions.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Explain to me, why do people hit and run? Why do perfectly innocent people that get into an accident hit and run?

Why do you wake up on the side of the bed you do? Why do people drink and drive knowing the possible dangers to self and others?

Old 10-28-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
I bet she gets out of the chair and leaves the classroom next time a black teacher/administrator tells her too. Otherwise roid rage robby the white wonder cop WILL remove her.

Nah, probably not... this social media frenzy, interviews, and sweet sweet fame is intoxicating. It certainly feels better than actually following the rules and being accountable for her actions.
Here is the issue that we are having. I totally get every word of that sentence. Her actions really strike a nerve in many people- mostly the authoritative types. But because of this, we are failing to see the other part. He actually flung her. This is not policy to fling people around in a class room.

DOJ has opened a case on it and they will make that determination.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:14 AM

The funniest part is I had so many people ask me about the video yesterday. BUT as soon as they found out the child hit the officer, oh did the tables turn...

What does that say? Think about it.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
VERBAL DE-ESCALATION TECHNIQUES THAT ACTUALLY WORK

Verbal De-Escalation Techniques That Actually Work

Taken from the article- "Remember, the aim here is to redirect the other persons behaviour and generate voluntary compliance using verbal techniques. Aggression arising from frustration is one of the prime triggers of conflict and in a security environment, this can occur anytime someone wants something they cannot have (entry into the premises, one more drink and so on)".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies