Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
how can an American vote on a non american issue?
Hawaii IS a part of the US. I have just as many rights in your state if talking about federal law as you would here in Arizona.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
what would the vote accomplish? tough sell. if the vote happens a group of people will talk and decide Hawaii's future.. A puppet? as with OHA and DHHL now

other nationalities, as was with the Kingdom of Hawaii, it was a mix of Hawaiian nationals many had different ethnic back grounds. stay in hawaii, it would be like staying in any foreign country.

Right now, the US is having a hard time hiding the fact the Hawaii is illegally occupied. The lawful document have been brought forth to show the illegal occupation. Thus they have been eager to put something foward as to form of Hawaiian Gov. to legitimize the US presents in the island. Like in many other parts across the world the US puts a puppet in only to decimate the country.

every treaty any Native American tribe had sign with the US was messed up IMOP. why did they have to sign anything if everything belonged to them? After doing so they still got it in the arshe...

Hawaii never signed off.... so the US has no claim. when looking at it at a legal and constituional prospective, Hawaii is Occupied.
It doesn't matter. "Native" Hawaiians are a tiny group of people and are even more powerless than just going by their numbers because so many of them talk like "hillbillies" from West Virginia. Too; I've got a feeling your numbers are dropping out of 100 Hawaiian residents because of now low birthrates.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
So long Hawaii. 2 less democrats in the US senate!

Old 11-01-2015, 06:59 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
come on educate me......so the LEGAL RESIDENTS of Hawaii shouldn't have a voice or vote about the political system of Hawaii unless they are "Native"?

so any immigrant and their children and grandchildren that have come to the U.S.A. shouldn't have a vote and voice about what kind of government they want because they are not the original "natives"?

please educate me,,,, didn't 93% of ALL LEGAL residents of Hawaii of all colors and races voted to be a U.S. STATE?.....How is that stealing Hawaii???? tell me when did the Monarchy in Hawaii who was ruled by a family ruled by democratic means?

please educate me........when does a minority dictates to a majority?

you need to get off the vote for statehood, that was a farce and educate yourself...

Quote:
The petition, signed by 21, 000 islanders opposed to annexation, ultimately prompted Congress to reject an annexation treaty, Silva said.
She recently made a presentation on the petition in a meeting room at the Lihu'e public library .
About 80 people attended the meeting, which was sponsored by the Kaua'i chapter of the Hawaiian Patriotic League, a statewide civic organization.
[MOD CUT/COPYRIGHT VIOLATION]
Story told of anti-annexation petition of 1897 - Thegardenisland.com: News

Quote:
The legal status of Hawaii—as opposed to its political status—is a subject of scholarly and legal debate. While Hawaii is broadly accepted as a state of the United States of America in mainstream understanding, there is critique regarding the international legality of this status. The viewpoint that Hawaii is an independent nation under U.S. occupation is circulated in academic circles, school curriculum;[1] the U.N. and other international forums;[2] and in daily dialogue in Hawaii. The legality of control of Hawaii by the United States has also been brought up in cases in the U.S. Supreme Court,[3] in U.S. District Court,[4] and in international legal actions.[3] Outside of Hawaii, this legal debate is relatively unknown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Hawaii

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-02-2015 at 02:57 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hawaii IS a part of the US. I have just as many rights in your state if talking about federal law as you would here in Arizona.
lets see you apply for Hawaiian homes...... BAAAAP thank you for playing

Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I can see it now, a thousand outrigger canoes full of painted screaming hawaiian warriors... Against the USS Ronald Reagan...
I catch what you mean. Tho spears don't work real well against even handguns if it was 1 on 1. Too; many of those warriors would probably say 'this ain't a good day to die', and go back and have a luau.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:02 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
I just can't imagine very many Hawaiians going for secession. Even ones who can prove their ancestry. Those people have long sice been Westernized to the point they won't want to give up the lifestyle, technology, etc. that goes along with it. I think this whole thing is just a few blowhards who long for something different. Nostalgia maybe, who knows. But if I'm wrong then I say let 'em go. It's not like they'll be taking anything of value with them anyway. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:32 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Yes,,,,free HI. Does that mean free them from all the Japanese that just about own the islands as well?
I guess it means when Putin decides to come and pay them a visit in the near future, they will be able to handle it on their own. Who will support all the islanders on welfare? Who cares.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
lets see you apply for Hawaiian homes...... BAAAAP thank you for playing
Word is money talks and bull___ walks; even with racists. LOL

Too; IF I had the money and a person refused to sell to me cause of my race and I could PROVE it; his financial butt would be mine after I sue him in court and win.

Tho I DON'T wanna live in Hawaii. Period.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:46 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,262,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Folks that don't possess Native Hawaiian ancestry have fewer rights under Federal law in Hawaiʻi than in Arizona. Native Hawaiian Law: A Treatise covers it in detail.
Native Hawaiian Law: A Treatise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies